DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 10/10 - 10/17/2023 - Tuesday Night Wars

The Natural

The Copeland/Luchasaurus segment on YouTube is already close to a million views which is pretty impressive. I think his debut match should have been against someone else as Luchasaurus is just kinda there. 

Tony Chimel will probably announce Copeland to the ring at Full Gear. I've been teasing him to not say Edge but Renee already made that flub last night. 

• Like 2

One Octo-note. It didn’t help Cope’s first match starting with an enraged run to the ring. It works in story and we get a great Christian promo segment, but it killed the potential of a first big entrance. It did not feel special and came across like another moment. It lost a potential at having that big match luster. Cope runs in to fight Christian and is immediately smashed down by Luchasaurus. Which that can bring excitement in wanting a Cope comeback. But the little things caused less anticipated reaction.

Speaking of little things, I like the little heel things Swerve does. Moments like going for a pin with both knees on Danielson’s chest. He can play heel so well. Which is ironic for me to say because his unique fluid motions in the ring can be a miss for me. I like that he is one of a kind, but some moves just don’t look good. Maybe Low Ki ruined double stomps for me.

Speaking of double stomps, on the PPV, Hangman actually took the Swerve Stomp very well and looked excellent. Or maybe they’re knees? Idk, the legs are bent weird and it’s weird. 

Speaking of weird, that Toni segment didn’t hit for me. Thanks to @AxB (what up, bud) I watched a different feed so I didn’t know it was picture and picture. Did that make it better for people? I really like the character but at times I feel they ham it up too much.

Speaking of ham, fucking Hobbs is a perfect piece of meat that I hope slaps meat with Miro again. He kicked the shot out of Jericho and that was very enticing. Good in Jericho putting Hobbs over huge.

Soeaking of Jericho, the Inner Appreciation Station or whatever bullshit is so fucking stupid. I don’t feel sympathy for Jericho being left hanging by his former friends when he dropped them for Don Callis initially. It’s just dumb storytelling. Plus they teased it so many times with Garcia and Sammy, that now it happened in such a dumb way that I actively dislike these segments. A segment now with Callis that was a mega heel against the Elite when the Elite needed a great post-drama angle to turn things around. I got an idea, let’s tie Jericho and the Jeriettes to it to make it better. 

Speaking of tying, the ending tied a real nice bow on the episode. It felt like an Attitude Era end of Raw wildness. All these storylines weaves together and all this action. Good stuff. I’m excited for Danielson vs Christian and what happens with Christian and Cope.

Speaking of being excited, I’m excited for MJF vs Jay White. I think the match will be great and have really enjoyed the MJF title defenses. However, I think the belt stealing is pretty dumb. We’ve seen it enough times with Brodie and Nyla already. Plus, MJF looks silly accepting defeat without reckless taking on too many people. I know, that’s silly. But it really appears that way and I’m not into it. But that’s the interesting thing about this MJF reign. I’m very hot and cold on a lot of it. 

Speaking of hot and cold, the Adam Cole with goofy friends is ok. I like it and I don’t. I get you have to do segments while they’re hurt and will be quotable fun. But I’m half into it. Doesn’t suit my taste.

Speaking of suit, Samoa Joe is cool.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I was watching on the Fite feed, and we had no clue that the Toni Storm silent movie was a PinP thing. Almost all of us hated it and thought it went on too long without going anywhere. Then I find out that it was designed to be seen in a small box while most of the screen displays commercials, and everyone who watched the TBS feed seemed to love it and think it was hilarious.

Yeah I can’t imagine stuff like the Toni Storm silent film or Callis doing Sammy’s old Subterranean Homesick Blues rip-off gimmick hits too well if you’re watching a stream that doesn’t have commercials. They’re made specifically for American streams on cable TV to keep you engaged and from channel flipping. Which, for me, works better versus a match in PiP.

• Like 2

Is Tony Khan doing OK? I feel like the whole Tuesday Night War thing made him snap.

He's getting worked up over Cage Match.net ratings. Seriously, Cage Match.net is a nice resource and everything, but who gives a flying phalange about Cage Match ratings? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Yep. It's there for my terms of reference so I know what I watched and still have to watch. Beyond that.....crazy.

Same or if I need to look up something like I did for Bryan Danielson vs. Christian Cage matches before AEW Collison.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1712291527865540905

Is Tony Khan doing OK? I feel like the whole Tuesday Night War thing made him snap.

He's getting worked up over Cage Match.net ratings. Seriously, Cage Match.net is a nice resource and everything, but who gives a flying phalange about Cage Match ratings? 

“Cocaine is a helluva drug”

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Honestly not surprised that you don’t recognize a DVDVR poster when you see one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

One of the few Meltzer takes I agree with. TK is starting to become Eric Bischoff after his 83 week streak came to an end

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Octopus said:

Speaking of weird, that Toni segment didn’t hit for me. Thanks to @AxB (what up, bud) I watched a different feed so I didn’t know it was picture and picture. Did that make it better for people? I really like the character but at times I feel they ham it up too much.

Yeah, that was some of the laziest creative they've ever done. It's as if somebody put a kibosh on the segment having any meaning (what a stretch!) or fun content. 'Oh, just improvise, the hilarity is, GET THIS, it's black and white and silent!'

35 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Yeah, that was some of the laziest creative they've ever done. It's as if somebody put a kibosh on the segment having any meaning (what a stretch!) or fun content. 'Oh, just improvise, the hilarity is, GET THIS, it's black and white and silent!'

Octo-booker:

have her do a two-part interview that is broken up by commercial. During the commercial segment have her yell at assistants and throwing shoes and throwing a fit over getting the wrong grapes etc. Book it Tony! 

Edited by Octopus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Octo-booker:

have her do a two-part interview that is broken up by commercial. During the commercial segment have her yell at assistants and throwing shoes and throwing a fit over getting the wrong grapes etc. Book it Tony! 

Second my friend here.