DVDVR Message Board

[DECEMBER] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

dok

I don't even get that. Is he Nova all of a sudden?

Didn't that Unification not get mentioned in the build to this one? That's what I thought it was about and it wouldn't because that one was the WWF/WCW Championship while this one was the WWE Championship/World Heavyweight Championship.

I assumed it's mostly in reference to a couple years ago when Jericho was tweeting about people "stealing his moves" all the time and an interview shortly after where he talked about being copied with a bunch of different things like Miz's 4-0 taunting Cena being off him vs Goldberg, "best in the world", etc.

It's the thirteen year anniversary of the final Starrcade -- let us all weep over what went down...

tumblr_mxz4vqhLm61sg99p0o1_500.png

WCW Starrcade [12/17/2000] *Click to Enlarge*

That poster is seriously great. The font used for Starrcade is too Star Trek-y, but the imagery is fantastic. It's like an old album cover or like an alternate poster for the The Wrestler (the Verne Gagne/Ed Asner one).

• Like 1

It's the thirteen year anniversary of the final Starrcade -- let us all weep over what went down...

tumblr_mxz4vqhLm61sg99p0o1_500.png

WCW Starrcade [12/17/2000] *Click to Enlarge*

That poster is seriously great. The font used for Starrcade is too Star Trek-y, but the imagery is fantastic. It's like an old album cover or like an alternate poster for the The Wrestler (the Verne Gagne/Ed Asner one).

Is it weird that Steiner looks like the most rational and calm human being on that poster?

In retrospect it is awesome that the poster is just about the iconic image of the guys and not specific matches, but at the time I'm sure Meltz. would be like "They don't even have the main event ready to put on their poster!  This company!!!" 

o6rr.jpg

Though Jimmy Wang Yang left WWE in 2010, he’s still wrestling every month on the independent scene. But wrestling isn’t the redneck’s only gig.

“I have an entrepreneurial mindset,” he said. “I’m always looking for businesses.”

He ran a wrestling school in Cincinnati and even started a pest control business in late 2010.

“All I heard about was bedbugs,” he said. “I got my house sprayed, it took 15 minutes and cost $300. I thought that would be a good business. There’s always going to be bugs.”

Eventually, though, Yang got out of the bug game.

“It wasn’t my thing,” Yang said. “It was kind of gross.”

Today, he’s found something that gels a little more with his personality. He currently drives Jimmy’s Redneck Party Bus around the Cincinnati area.

“I found out about this guy selling his limo business,” Yang said, explaining the start of his latest venture. “He pulled out this party bus and it was love at first sight. I asked how much and bought it that day.”

See photos of Jimmy's Redneck Party Bus | Follow the Bus on Facebook

Party people can rent out the bus and Jimmy will drive them around for a night on the town, keeping any drunk drivers off the road.

“I like to do tailgating, sporting events, concerts, bachelor and bachelorette parties,” he said. “It’s a redneck theme, so people dress up and be rednecks for a night and have a good time.”

Business has been booming for Jimmy’s Redneck Party Bus. The camouflaged vehicle gets plenty of attention wherever it goes, with people pulling up alongside it on the road to get a snapshot. And if you’re in New Orleans for WrestleMania XXX, don’t be surprised if you see Yang driving around lucky members of the WWE Universe. He’s already gotten a few requests to road trip down to The Big Easy.

“People are saying it would be cool to let Jimmy Wang Yang drive you to WrestleMania,” he said.

But before The Show of Shows, WWE is headed back to Ohio in early 2014. Yang will be taking his bus to the events. He has one person in mind who he’d like to take for a spin.

“I want Mr. McMahon to see it,” he said with a laugh. “I think he’s half-redneck. Once he sees it, he might ditch his limo and ride with me.”
  • Like 2

Flair was touting a mystery main event player to face Steiner at Starrcade for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, so I think that's why the poster is so hype.

Sid Vicious was the mystery man.

For a second I thoght that was the show at which Sid Vicious broke his leg and thought "what a bunch of dicks", when I read "The ending you can't miss!" on the poster.

Probably. I couldn't not try though. Shit

What were you going to say if you got through to him?

If I was acting like myself, I'd say good job with Goldust and say "kisses" before I hung up.

If I was acting like Stone Cold I would pretend to agree to Wrestlemania.

• Like 1