DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPTEMBER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Paul London. Sixty minute draw. Both men are carried out on dolphins into the nearby ocean and never seen again, presumed having joined the pod.

14 years ago!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Meltzer mentioned the other day how it was thought that Bryan would work a way lighter schedule than what he does now, but then brought up how that doesn't make a lot of sense because Bryan already works an incredibly light schedule.

The other thought was that maybe Birdy said to her dad that she doesn't want to see him hurt all the time and Bryan has been injured a lot lately. 

So I don't know. On the one hand I kinda buy Bryan wrapping things up except for maybe one run a year when his kids are in school and don't have much going on.

Separately, but related, if you're Darby, man, look at Danielson. If you tone down the insanity just a little bit you'll be around longer than Bryan. People really like watching you and not a single person wants to see you get crippled in the ring.

• Like 4

Danielson loves to put himself in creative boxes so he can figure his way out. Working around physical limitations as he ages sounds like the kind of challenge he’d love, so I have a hard time believing it’ll be anything more than a Foley retirement where you can expect to see him work somewhere a few times a year. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Separately, but related, if you're Darby, man, look at Danielson. If you tone down the insanity just a little bit you'll be around longer than Bryan. People really like watching you and not a single person wants to see you get crippled in the ring.

Going by what Darby does in his free time when he's not wrestling, I really doubt he's too worried about this.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2023 at 11:34 AM, The Natural said:

@NikoBaltimore and @Log off the top of my head attended AEW shows. There's others here but can't remember them.

For the shows I went to the format felt largely the same.  You go there for Dark matches which was maybe 40+ minutes, a brief cooldown then it's on to Dynamite.  After Dynamie it would take about 10-15 minutes before Rampage and after that it was practically over.  I haven't seen any of the post-taping promos that they sometimes do so I would typically be out around 11-11:30.  It was basically that format for the first Grand Slam and even then people were heading out to get the train.  I can't imagine why a 2 hour Rampage made sense to TK (unless it was a WBD thing) but that's just not good.  Granted I doubt they could do a two night for Arthur Ashe but that's one place where I would suggest not doing normal format and have some Rampage matches in the can before going there.  This way post Dynamite it could be dark matches that aren't as essential to watch and everybody wins.

As for ROH I kind of wish it was on TV though I need to keep reminding myself to catch up on the app.  Every time I try and catch up weeks pass and it starts all over.  By the time I catch up their last PPV will likely be on the app which at this point works for me.  For $10 a month it's not something I get constant use out of but I'm just happy to know where to go to for ROH goodness.  I'm hoping once I'm caught up to get back to watching whatever shows they have from the start.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

F53CpsXXAAA3VTI?format=jpg&name=large

I get a kick out of Mox and Christian sharing a room.

I love every picture of Kawada that we're getting out of Chicago.  It's just photo after photo of people thrilled to meet a legend and in every one Kawada looks like someone just farted in an elevator.  Magnificent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

I love every picture of Kawada that we're getting out of Chicago.  It's just photo after photo of people thrilled to meet a legend and in every one Kawada looks like someone just farted in an elevator.  Magnificent.

The only ones I’ve seen him smiling in are with RVD and Scott Steiner.