DVDVR Message Board

CHICA(EW)GO TV - 8/30 - 9/5/2023

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd say with the Punk fallout, AEW needed something big like Danielson returning for All Out.

Agreed. I wonder when the American Dragon was given the go ahead as might we have had Bryan Danielson vs. Kenny Omega 2 at All In after all? You don't leave that huge match off the show otherwise so I'm guessing he was cleared this week. People thought it would be middle to late September. Hope Bryan hasn't come back so soon, perhaps Tony Khan's brought him back sooner with CM Punk getting canned and All Out is weak to me.

Welp pretty safe to assume Collision will not be retaining its own feel and structure.

Hope they still feature FTR and HoB on 2 hour rampage long term, but I’m not holding my breath

Edited by Jrag
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jrag said:

Welp pretty safe to assume Collision will not be retaining its own feel and structure.

Hope they still feature FTR and HoB on 2 hour rampage long term, but I’m not holding my breath

My dream Collision is Bryan Danielson, FTR, Samoa Joe, Claudio Castagnoli, Eddie Kingston, Darby Allin, Sting, Gin and Juice off the top of my head just after 4am in the morning.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I don’t know about best behavior. They just had the life sucked out of them before the show started, both with the news spreading online and then TK coming out to address them about it.

They got to boo the Young Bucks though, so it was all okay in the end.

• Like 1

RICKY YOU BIG DUMB BITCH DONT YOU REALIZE THIS IS BRYANS SHOW NOW!!!!

Steamboat looks really good for his age, way better than Flair

Third Paul brother and Donaksaurus get the win, I take back what I said before everyone is acting logically in this angle

Dark Order, these sharp dressed me mean business! 

What a main event!

And Jarrett - Rodman angle accomplished what it meant to

Chicago Bulls on X: "Rodman chokeslammed him in crocs 💀 @dennisrodman x @AEW https://t.co/e1KqJ1SapB" / X (twitter.com)

A few shots at the "wrestling grandpa's" TM @Gordlow , First MOXs great promo "If he's a cosplay wrestler who's he cosplaying as?" then Darby saying "I was 120lbs...now I'm 125lbs"

May be an image of 1 person and textMay be an image of 4 people and crowd

Grew up near Chicago in the 90's so Rodman was cool (both pics come from the Bull FB page)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant promo work by both Mox and OC selling their match - that should be the main event tonight.

Why can't we have nice things like Ian Riccaboni and why must we suffer through Kevin Kelly? He even threw in a Jezebel tonight. Eeuugghh. Positive commentary notes - Nigel's pronunciation of Komander as a French word and his use of "arse boys"; JR making good points re: Jay White's lack of recent singles action (I'm no modern JR fan but I'm not blind to what he once was and snippets like this remind me of)

I don't get Ricky Starks current persona at all. His promos are all over the place in tone and content. I am looking forward to seeing what he and AmDrag have in store tonight though.

• Like 3

Danielson broke his right arm, and in strap matches the strap is applied to the left wrist, so possibly if it's not 100%, he thinks he can work it in a way that won't exacerbate anything.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Log said:

Kelly? What’s the story there?

He's promoting that ridiculous new child trafficking conspiracy theory movie starring the guy who played Jesus in Mel Gibson's weird antisemitic Jesus movie. 

Edit;

Speaking of Qanon does anyone know if Griff Garrison is still employed by AEW? There was a long stretch where any time I went to check out the latest far-right lunacy online he would be the only 'mutual friend' I had with the offending party. Figured he might be a bit of a whacko but also totally open to the possibility he could have just been let go for being Griff Garrison.

Edited by Belgian_Waffle
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Belgian_Waffle said:

Speaking of Qanon does anyone know if Griff Garrison is still employed by AEW? There was a long stretch where any time I went to check out the latest far-right lunacy online he would be the only 'mutual friend' I had with the offending party. Figured he might be a bit of a whacko but also totally open to the possibility he could have just been let go for being Griff Garrison.

He's in ROH. It looks like they're going to pair him with Cole Karter managed by Maria but they're taking their good time getting there. He was the third guy in a trios vs the Embassy taped for Thursday last night (with.... Gravity and Metalik maybe?)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hobo joe said:

1. Why did Nick Wayne forgive AR Fox?

I've noticed this mentioned here and on twitter, but he didn't forgive him. When AR said he was sorry and tried to shake his hand, Nick shook his head no and walked out of the interview. At that point Darby says he knows AR is sorry and shakes his hand

• Like 2