DVDVR Message Board

All Out V - 9/3/2023

Dolfan in NYC

In hindsight, not only did the Rocky III storyline for Mox and Punk not work and subsequently was bad. It was totally wasted when it could have been used here.

Mox destroying OC, leading to vignettes of the Best Friends trying to get OC to find the eye of the tiger, yet punching the meat and chasing chickens in the most lacklustre way possible would have been a far better result. 

I see they're not too far from Philly for the Collision before Grand Slam. Have him taking his sweet time getting up the museum stairs throughout the entire show. Have it end with him finally getting to the top, half assedly raising his arms in the air and then sitting down again because he's too tired.

Then he beats Mox at Grand Slam for the title back

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The GOAT, Bryan Danielson returns vs. Ricky Starks in a strap match. I really want to know the timeline when Danielson was cleared. Might we have had Bryan Danielson vs. Kenny Omega 2 at All In after all? You don't leave that huge match off the show otherwise so I'm guessing he was cleared this week. People thought it would be middle to late September, possibly October. Hope Bryan hasn't come back so soon, perhaps Tony Khan's brought him sooner with CM Punk getting canned and this PPV needing a boost.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Well, they got me to want to see this show when as of this morning I decided I wasn’t going to buy it. 

Danielson draw, David. Check that alliteration out at 03:30am.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

The whole roster (save two who shall not be named) are going to wrestle like they have something to prove. You can’t imagine Taylor or Hobbs or the Gunns or Diamanté or Starks or Reynolds aren’t going to give their all in this moment with this opportunity feeling this angst, let alone what Mox and Cassidy will do in the main event.

• Like 3

I can only speak for me and I know people on here have different opinions, but big upgrade for me. It would have been nicer with time machine build, but legit happy with this. ASSUMING Danielson is healthy. 

I’ll post non-zinger CM Punk thoughts eventually in the other thread (because there isn’t enough of that) but for now, Danielson: His MJF Ironman match is in my top 5 of favorite all time matches, I loved the series of matches before that as well, two great Hangman matches and I loved him stomping on the DO, a legendary aura against Omega, and I miss Regal but BCC brawls were fantastic. Seeing him back has taken me out of my AEW tailspin from the fun to joke about drama. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Not naming them is going to lead to some poor soul thinking Statlander and Ruby are catching strays. 

Stat always seems in her own world (on her own planet?). I’m not sure she was even aware that Punk was in the company in the first place. Ruby’s constant effort. Just her baseline state. They’ll do fine.

• Like 2

I am curious about how what happened tonight will affect morale tomorrow. Like will the roster feel beaten down and depressed over this state or if they will be motivated to prove themselves to the fans? 

Edited by TheVileOne

Mox vs. OC feels like the absolute most non-Elite AEW match you could possibly run as a main event so yeah, let's fucking go, OC's walk-n-brawl secret classic with Jarrett oughta be the template and I hope they kill each other/it.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I am curious about if what happened tonight will do to morale tomorrow. Like will the roster feel beaten down and depressed over this state or if they will be motivated to prove themselves to the fans? 

With no insider information, based on comments in the past from Jericho and Mox (either publicly or leaked), my assumption is that the vast majority of the roster ranges from indifferent to happy on Punk being gone. And even FTR, if the "neutral" witness account is the accurate one, should understand even if they aren't happy about it.

I'm still not buying the show but they managed to scrap together a pretty good looking card on short notice. Joe/Taylor still feels out of place and I think the ROH title match feels like a pretty low level defense, but Danielson/Starks is a big boost. I'd probably buy it if it was $30, just hard to justify $50 back to back weeks. But I think it'll be a good show.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

I am curious about how what happened tonight will affect morale tomorrow. Like will the roster feel beaten down and depressed over this state or if they will be motivated to prove themselves to the fans? 

In the past when a toxic coworker has been removed from my workplace, people were generally pretty happy about it.

• Like 3

Alright, 13 matches is plenty.  The card (SHOULD BE) final... 

And those in the NYC area, be sure to look at Alamo Drafthouse's site, as they're gonna show the PPV tonight!  

COME MEET YOUR MOD!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Am I crazy or is this a much better show on paper than the one scheduled in front of 80,000+ people?

I don't like the precedent of them doing a PPV where the AEW title isn't defended, but apart from that, yeah, I'd agree. Lots of fresh matches, a proper pre show, should be good.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Am I crazy or is this a much better show on paper than the one scheduled in front of 80,000+ people?

I'm not convinced those are the only two options, but if they are, then yes, you should seek out a mental health professional.

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

I'd say it feels like their best card in a year but a lot of that depends on how you feel about Samoa Joe vs Shane Taylor.

• Like 1