DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUGUST 2023

Dolfan in NYC

Just now, zendragon said:

So the "Real" world title is going back on MOX? Seems to have found the weight he lost

If you'll indulge a little fantasy bullshit for a moment, I'd start Collision by having Hook walk out with the FTW title, grab a mic, and declare "I'm the real World Champion now." With Jungle and Punk out, you set up an automatic issue with he and Starks (with the added bonus of Team Taz history for the day one viewers - shit, get Hobbs in the mix).

• Thanks 4

30 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I really liked this laptop, but now it must be destroyed.

In light of this discovery and the fact wrestling is running out of names for their tentpole events, I propose an event named "A Peg Above the Rest". The hope is to bring pegging awareness to those not enlightened.

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Cole vs Punk for the world title, you HAVE to pick a winner or Miro gets his hands on you, who do you go with

Punk. 10/10 times. Punks a pretentious dipshit, but he has a basic understanding of pro wrestling. Adam Cole is out there doing movez and yelling his name…

Also, as an mma enthusiast/weekend warrior, I’d love to test my skills against a dude like Miro. He’d unequivocally whip my ass, but that’s never stopped me before.

Edited by just drew
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

In light of this discovery and the fact wrestling is running out of names for their tentpole events, I propose an event named "A Peg Above the Rest". The hope is to bring pegging awareness to those not enlightened.

And maybe turn SafeSearch on just in case one has a weak constitution or is on beta blockers until they know they can handle it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

FWIW I'm sure Kingston is a total pro and I'm sure they can function on the same show, I was just spitballing about TK being afeared of more drama. Which apparently there is a lot more of that we know about in the seven hours since I posted that.

Old Man J.T. not knowing what pegging was is killing me over here 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So Zakk didn't do the homework, J.T. did the wrong homework, and just drew wants to sacrifice himself to Miro for our enjoyment.

It's been a hell of a long day, but I will say this...

I am kind of sort of ready for them to announce another couple of Dynamite matches and I really wasn't earlier today. Bring on Eddie vs Yuta or something.

• Haha 11

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I know you're making a (pretty good) joke here, but I wanna use this as a jumping off point: This is the shit that i'm talking about when I say that despite Punk's value, as things stand now, I believe his presence is detracts from actual, sustained growth. He turned so many off last year, and is gonna turn around and do it again this year. I was talking in another thread about ticket sales yesterday and someone told me they're only opening Ashe up for under 10K people. 11,000 less people than 2021 in NEW YORK. Instead of playing babysitter to 45 year old and 26 year old men, respectively, TK and those in charge should be working on licensing deals and all that stuff Bischoff always talks about that no one is interested but me. Luchasaurus is a dinosaur that wrestles. How does every single fucking child in America not have a Luchasaurus doll??!?! We're all about touting that WBD relationship - where's the Luchasaurus Cartoon Network show at??? Can't do it, busy Tweeting.

Edit: @Octopusand @SparklefaceI only gave you guys the trophy cause we don't have a 😉

Somewhat off this but I’m going to armchair EVP here. I’m not even kidding, it is a shock that the merchandise is so lacking in this department. BTE/ The Young Bucks (run I guess by Dana Buck) had such a great machine of merch. They were in Hot Topic as an Indy and New Japan. They made a deal with Cracker Barrel and it seemed like a mutually beneficial partnership. I assumed AEW would be killing it with so much fun swag. On the shirt side, the moment you’d get a memorable blood spot from Brit or OC it would get on a best selling shirt. But it’s basically just wrestler based PWT shirts that get linked to a base AEW page. Outside of the video game, do they not have a team that is hustling out deals with various companies and forms of media. They were known for a fun YouTube show, put money and a team behind that. The AEW Games YouTube has poor production values. Jungle Express should have had a cartoon. Best Friends a board game or something. You have a once in a lifetime roster and fun characters to work with. So much money is left on the table. I’d watch an adventures of the Dark Order. Plush dolls! Something!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The only thing that I really want out of all of this is to hear Tony Khan strip CM Punk of the real world title even though it’s not recognized, after allowing him to carry it around and defend it like it was real for two months. 

Edited by YouHaveUntil5
  • Like 3

They could make a meal out of segments with MJF and Cole spending quality time cleaning the X off the belt and then taking a pub crawl across Chicago doing shots off of it, letting randos in the street cut pipe bomb promos wearing it, etc. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The story with Miro and Punk has changed. Again. I’m sure you’re all shocked at these “reporters” chasing their dicks around and not being able to report anything accurate.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Old Man J.T. not knowing what pegging was is killing me over here 😄

GET OFFA MY LAWN~!

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Jerry’s Seafood > Jimmy’s Seafood 

🦀💣

Facts.  Timbuktu has the second best crab cakes behind Jerry's.  Koko's is also awesome.. 

Jimmy's crab cakes have too much breading for my liking.  Their clam fritters are fucking sensational, though.  They serve them with this delicious spicy mayo.  It is almost obscene how tasty it is.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1