DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUNE 2023

3 hours ago, zendragon said:

Your close friends share there extreme  bedroom adventures with you?

Your's DON'T? 😮

Edit: All joking aside, when I wrote that I was thinking of a specific very close friend who is a key person in a very specific scene in my old hometown. I am not in any way trying to be funny when I compare her to Eddie Kingston in the sense that she found a thing she loves and she's good at and followed that dream all the way.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Thanks 1

new Meltzer hot garbage just dropped. Don’t listen to Fightful or anyone else, Meltz has the REAL scoops. and I guess according to him some top star left Dynamite angry (coughMoxcough)

• Sad 1

So apparently Punk/Kojima is going on first.  If you had "one party goes on early and leaves and the others arrive and go on later" on your "how does AEW work around this manbaby bullshit" scorecard, you win the day.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Have their actually been any confirmed reports that Punk and the Elite are refusing to be in the building at the same time? I mean, I know it certainly looks that way with the Elite taped stuff Wednesday, etc. But, I see so much talk like its fact, but I haven't seen confirmation of this. There were a lot of people talking about a brand split as fact, too, and that turned out to be speculation and nothing more. I don't keep up super-closely with the news, so it is entirely possible that I missed it.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Log said:

Have their actually been any confirmed reports that Punk and the Elite are refusing to be in the building at the same time? I mean, I know it certainly looks that way with the Elite taped stuff Wednesday, etc. But, I see so much talk like its fact, but I haven't seen confirmation of this. There were a lot of people talking about a brand split as fact, too, and that turned out to be speculation and nothing more. I don't keep up super-closely with the news, so it is entirely possible that I missed it.

Honestly, no idea.  From Punk intimating that he tried to reach out to apologize but was not allowed to, and from all the lawsuit talk, my best educated guess is that the Bucks are possibly suing Punk & Steele (as well they should!) and are not allowed to have contact because the suit is ongoing.  Again, all speculation and reading of tea leaves.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Log said:

I mean, from the moment it was announced that Punk would be returning, the other part that was being reported was that they won't work the same weekly shows, but PPVs would be a bridge to cross at a later date. So far, we've had two shows, one with no usage of the Bucks or Kenny at all, and then another where they decided to use Punk in Chicago and used the Bucks and Kenny for pre-tapes instead.

This is the dumbest bullshit. I also love when Alvarez or Meltzer say they don't want to get involved or they don't want to be seen as being anti-Punk, and yet they go on and on about how this is so Punk can look like he's the bigger person for wanting to show up to work and the Elite don't want to play ball because they don't want to be in the same building with the guy. That's all opinion. When they talk about shit like that though to their audience, it's going to feel like it's something they're actually reporting because Dave is a robot and Alvarez isn't very self-aware.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I mean, honestly, is this the most high school bullshit drama ever in wrestling? This is fucking stupid. You have Dave and Alvarez, who I normally like, as the primary shit stirrers and people gossiping to others, you have one group of friends who don't want to be in the same hallway or class as the other dude they got in a fight with, you have the dude with the big mouth who called out the group of friends for spreading other rumors to begin with, which was that guy didn't want to be in the same hallway or class with another guy they used to be friends with. And now someone's throwing a party, they're all invited, and most people going want them all to come, but one or both sides are like, "wah, I'm not going if they're going to be there."

Fucking grow up. All of them. Bunch of little bitches.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

I mean, honestly, is this the most high school bullshit drama ever in wrestling? This is fucking stupid. You have Dave and Alvarez, who I normally like, as the primary shit stirrers and people gossiping to others, you have one group of friends who don't want to be in the same hallway or class as the other dude they got in a fight with, you have the dude with the big mouth who called out the group of friends for spreading other rumors to begin with, which was that guy didn't want to be in the same hallway or class with another guy they used to be friends with. And now someone's throwing a party, they're all invited, and most people going want them all to come, but one or both sides are like, "wah, I'm not going if they're going to be there."

Fucking grow up. All of them. Bunch of little bitches.

“The most adult thing either side have done is get into a fist fight.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

my best educated guess is that the Bucks are possibly suing Punk & Steele (as well they should!)

On what grounds would the Bucks have for suing Punk?

It's been 9 months since Brawl Out and this the first time I've ever seen that suggested

Edited by Dolphman 3000

I've seen that speculated on plenty of times since Brawl Out. Both ways. Either the Elite lawyered up or Punk did or both. 

I also don't think it would be Moxley that would be the one to leave. He was there through the whole show and had the angle at the end. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Jericho. I would be even less shocked if it was no one at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

So apparently Punk/Kojima is going on first.  If you had "one party goes on early and leaves and the others arrive and go on later" on your "how does AEW work around this manbaby bullshit" scorecard, you win the day.

Damn. I’m gonna lose that $10 I bet on each member of the Elite walking up to Punk one at a time, shaking his hand, and saying “Thanks for the house, brother.” 

• Haha 6

18 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I've seen that speculated on plenty of times since Brawl Out. Both ways. Either the Elite lawyered up or Punk did or both. 

I also don't think it would be Moxley that would be the one to leave. He was there through the whole show and had the angle at the end. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Jericho. I would be even less shocked if it was no one at all.

Mox could still leave the leave show angry after the night is over, though? It wasn’t implied that this unnamed top star left midway through or anything like that.

If it was Jericho - oh, man, cry me a fuckin’ river. Denied a Punk feud, gets a Sting one instead and is lined up for Sting’s first singles match (maybe) at fucking WEMBLEY. Wah wah.

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Sticking a temporary plaster on an open wound. Embrassing.

22 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I wouldn't be surprised if its no one either but if it was, Chris Jericho was the first name that came to my mind.

• Like 1

At this point, I feel that AEW would be better off without Punk and the Bucks.  They're both obviously incapable of handling this shit professionally, whereas at least Omega has said he would like to move on and Hangman has just remained silent, despite Punk's repeated attempts to goad him.

31 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

At this point, I feel that AEW would be better off without Punk and the Bucks.  They're both obviously incapable of handling this shit professionally, whereas at least Omega has said he would like to move on and Hangman has just remained silent, despite Punk's repeated attempts to goad him.

I'm...of a similar mind, but honestly I would rather have Punk, Omega, and Hangman and just let the Bucks go and get a bag in WWE or something. They can pursue their dream matches with The New Day (if they're ever healthy again) and moreso with the Usos, which is probably one of the few dream matches left. A million superkicks for everyone and just let Punk, Omega, and Hangman do their thing in AEW.

I'm also being naive, but Hangman is such a chill guy that I could see him and Punk eventually hashing their shit out with each side saying they misunderstood the other and they feel sorry for the fans because they were both being dumb. Yeah, I'm probably just being naive.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm also being naive, but Hangman is such a chill guy that I could see him and Punk eventually hashing their shit out with each side saying they misunderstood the other and they feel sorry for the fans because they were both being dumb. Yeah, I'm probably just being naive.

Nah, you're being too hard on yourself - you're being what is apparently called 'a reasonable adult'

• Like 5

Hangman's loyal to the Bucks - if they go to WWE, he follows

I think Cody's Weird Friends showing up at Royal Rumble to set up a year-long feud between The Elite and The Bloodline would be great

Omega seems like the most-likely to make amends with Punk and work with him

The speaking on the condition of anonymity stuff is such a stain on journalism as a whole, but 10 times worse when it’s something dumb like sports or pro wrestling. 

It’s so shameful when Woj and Shams are just parroting some NBA GM and presenting it as news, but at least you can chalk that up as a way for all parties involved to make more money or get an edge in a trade or whatever. Metzler is such a hack any damn body can get whatever rumor or opinion they want published for any reason at all it seems.

Edited by Jrag
  • Like 2

It is what it is, but the product feels hotter this last week (across all areas) than it has for a year. It's not one thing but a lot of things coming together and all of them are important. This may not be the most sustainable thing ever, but if they can keep producing shows like they have and put together cards like they are, the experience for viewers will be great.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Wasn't the talk that there was a lot of positivity coming out of Collision from people actually involved? Letting a couple malcontents running to Dave after Wednesday ruin things is silly when things actually seem okay. 

Dynamite pulled a big rating without The Elite and now they're mad

Gotta passive-aggressively control that narrative instead of just admitting Punk's a draw

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Dynamite pulled a big rating without The Elite and now they're mad

Gotta passive-aggressively control that narrative instead of just admitting Punk's a draw

I usually try not to engage with this shit, but this is the problem right here. People spouting off like they know something.

You know jack shit about how anyone involved in this feels about anything. You know jack shit about who said what in any of this. Just stop.

Edited by Log
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

Re: the "counterfeit Bucks" line not being cleared, obviously nobody in this situation is exactly behaving like a functioning adult, but are we meant to think the Bucks cleared doing Punk's moves and mimicking his botches in Chicago while he was injured? Like yes, you have deliberately entrenched yourself in a situation where  you and this other guy are going to be continually extremely petty to each other until you're all dead, it kind of is what it is

Edited by Firebreaker Chip
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1