DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUNE 2023

Should be noted for Pride Month that AEW is (unless something happened last night that I'm unaware of) running into June with an openly bi champ!   

tonititle.jpg

The over/under on one of those two goofs turning on her is 1.5.  Place your bets folks!

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Should be noted for Pride Month that AEW is (unless something happened last night that I'm unaware of) running into June with an openly bi champ!   

tonititle.jpg

The over/under on one of those two goofs turning on her is 1.5.  Place your bets folks!

I want Shotzi to jump and the join the outcasts so all four of them can ride to the ring on her tank

then The Originals recruit Abadon to even the score who promptly bites Toni on the butt

• Like 3

Here's my problem with Statlander's  "More Than a Woman" -- is there something WRONG with being a woman? If she's special because she's MORE than a woman, doesn't that imply that women are inherently LESSER? Just seems like a weird thing for an apparently progressive company to trout out there.

37 minutes ago, Dog said:

Here's my problem with Statlander's  "More Than a Woman" -- is there something WRONG with being a woman? If she's special because she's MORE than a woman, doesn't that imply that women are inherently LESSER? Just seems like a weird thing for an apparently progressive company to trout out there.

I thought she was an alien or something. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

They kind of branded her away from that after her last return. Now she's... got Night Fever instead of Big Bang Theory as her finisher, so basically, Emi Sakura is to Queen as Kris Statlander is to the Bee Gees?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dog said:

I too watched the Statlander episode of Hey EW.

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

They kind of branded her away from that after her last return. Now she's... got Night Fever instead of Big Bang Theory as her finisher, so basically, Emi Sakura is to Queen as Kris Statlander is to the Bee Gees?

It's a Bee Gees song get off my goddamn lawn you young people

• Like 6

I do have to say, back when I'd see Statlander on indies on IWTV from like 2018 or '19, "More Than a Woman" was a pretty awful entrance song.  Disco is so dated it only works if you have a disco gimmick or if you're Eddie Gilbert.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2

I could see a heel using an ABBA song, maybe Money Money Money. 

and, well, the default intro music of our pod is Rasputin by Boney M (is that considered pop or disco). Although I prefer this version of late.

Edited by odessasteps
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I could see a heel using an ABBA song, maybe Money Money Money. 

and, well, the default intro music of our pod is Rasputin by Boney M (is that considered pop or disco). Although I prefer this version of late.

In the critically acclaimed Chinese neo noir film "The Wild Goose Lake" from a few years ago, one of the key scenes (also in one of the trailers) uses Rasputin. That's gotta be one of the only times I remember Boney M used in a motion picture, which is crazy since their hit songs are abnormally popular for a group that (1) had a lip-syncing singer and (2) never made it big in America.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

In the critically acclaimed Chinese neo noir film "The Wild Goose Lake" from a few years ago, one of the key scenes (also in one of the trailers) uses Rasputin. That's gotta be one of the only times I remember Boney M used in a motion picture, which is crazy since their hit songs are abnormally popular for a group that (1) had a lip-syncing singer and (2) never made it big in America.

Their version of “No Woman No Cry” was the main sample for Naughty by Nature’s “Ghetto Bastard”

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Matt D said:

So Tupelo is...

• Darby/OC vs Bill/Ethan Page
  • Britt vs Ruby
  • Dax vs Garcia

Any of those can hit the concession stand, really. Hopefully someone's taping it.

Dax seems the most likely to demand that it be his match. They just better have a giant bag of popcorn ready

• Like 1

My biggest wish for Punk (babyface) would be a three month feud with LFI:

If Punk is going to be a face, feud him with LFI for three months. Punk vs Rush, Punk vs Andrade, Punk vs Dralistico, Punk vs Vance. Tags with FTR and Punk vs these guys. Bloody dog collar match with RUSH, Punk and Darby vs RUSH and Andrade in a double coffin match. Punk/Sting/Darby/FTR vs Andrade/RUSH/Vance/Dralistico/... uh.. La Bestia del Ring? Marco Corleone? La Mascara (Is he even active?)

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

My biggest wish for Punk (babyface) would be a three month feud with LFI:

If Punk is going to be a face, feud him with LFI for three months. Punk vs Rush, Punk vs Andrade, Punk vs Dralistico, Punk vs Vance. Tags with FTR and Punk vs these guys. Bloody dog collar match with RUSH, Punk and Darby vs RUSH and Andrade in a double coffin match. Punk/Sting/Darby/FTR vs Andrade/RUSH/Vance/Dralistico/... uh.. La Bestia del Ring? Marco Corleone? La Mascara (Is he even active?)

There's got to be some sort of lucha de apuestas in there, maybe hair vs. hair as the final payoff?