DVDVR Message Board

AEW DYNAMITE- 4/5/2023!

DEAN

Ah crap!  I'm too good at washing dishes.  I was hoping to get a little leeway so I can avoid MJF rambling.  Maybe I'll check on the baseball on my DVR.  I'm sure you fine people will hip me to the fact that he does or says anything I need to see or hear.  Yeah, fuck it, I'm going to start watching at 8:30.  SET ME FREE, FAST FORWARD!  It's Ricky Starks!  It's ROCK HARD!  JAY WHITE!  HA! I FUCKING KNEW IT!  I KNEW IT!  IT ALL sorta MAKES SENSE!  BLADERUNNER!  AWESOME!  Oh MAN, Ricky Starks vs Jay White will fucking RULE!  Adam Cole versus Chris Jericho will be good.  Keith Lee?  Okay.  Malakai Black!  Bud Matthews!  Brody King!  And lil Julia Hart!  It's Jefferson Starship!  FREEDOM AT POINT ZERO!  SUE RETURNS!  Trent and Black are good in the ring together!  Bud and Cassidy go total Lucha Libre to get Cassidy our face in peril!  Brody CRUSHES Chuck at ringside!  Trent gets CRUSHED at ringside!  Brody beats on Trent as we ENJOY picture in picture.  Brody CRUSHES Black and Bud!  GREAT BRAINBUSTER by Black!  GREAT PILEDRIVER by TRENT!  AND ANOTHER!  AND ONE ON BRODY!  Chuck and Bud have a NEARFALL FESTIVAL!  PHAT ASS ANNA J!  Matthews smashes Chuck's skull and gets the pin!  That was waaaay fun!  It's Riho!  Could this be her heel turn?  I'm feeling it!  Man, Jamie Hayter takes Riho's offense like someone in the Toni Storm/Jamie Hayter/ATHENA school.  Hayter breaks Riho in half on the apron!  In picture in picture, Riho fucking LAYS IT IN!  Oh man, that Double Steak Grilled Cheese Burrito looks good.  OH! WRESTLING!  RIHO ON A COMEBACK AND CROWD IS MOLTEN!  SWEET GERMAN SUPLEX by Riho!  Lesser Dragon Suplex!  GNARLY LARIAT by Hayter FOR TWO!  RIHO WITH THE DDT AFTER THE SUPERPLEX!  Maaaan, Hayter is so fucking good at taking moves.  Riho with the Toprope Frankensteiner!  Riho is fucking LAYING IT IN with Hayter! HAYTERADE!  RIHO KICKS OUT! ANOTHER HAYTERADE!  FOR THE WIN!  Jesus Christ, that was good.  JAmie Hayter is so fucking GREAT.  Riho is fucking GREAT too.  Man, that was fucking good.  I fast forward through the MJF stuff though I dug the three was staredown between MJF, Jack Perry and Sammy!  It's Sammy versus Komander!  Komander walks the ropes and Sammu counters it!  Sammy is a HEAT MACHINE while we revel in picture in picture!  Springboard Poison Rana!  Komander hits the rope walking spot and MAN does he get AIR!  Springboard Shooting Star Press!  Sammy CUTTERS Komander as Komander goes for one rope walking too many!  That was good.  Sammy finally GETS THE HEAT by slagging on Long Island.  They sent HOOK!  It's Ethan Page!  MATT TURNS ON ETHAN PAGE!  The end of an era.  So sad.  Ethan Page will not dance again....  heartbreaking.  AEW is running WEMBLY!  WHAT THE FUCK!  Doesn't that hold like 80,000?  Wild.  Oh man, dream big!  Blackpool Combat Club!  AmDrag is on the STICK~!  HAngman gets beaten to death!  AmDrag is AWESOME being EVIL!  AMATUERS!  HE SHOOTS ON VINCE!  So fucking great!  FTR! FTR! FTR!  GOING TO IMPACT!  IMPACT! IMPACT!  It's the ASS BOYS!  Colton is the third member of PRETTY DEADLY!  Cash Wheeler is our sympathetic babyface and the Gunns are fucking AWESOME as heel beating the HEAT~! onto Cash!  Man, Colton is the Barry Windham of the Gunn sons.  GREAT NEARFALL on the Shatter MAchine!  GREAT NEARFALLm on the FAme ASSER by Austin!  LOW BLOW!  GREAT NEARFALL ON A BELT SHOT!  DOUBLE ROLL-UP!  AEW's GAIN is IMPACT!'s loss!  MAN! That was fucking AWESOME.  AEW RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Doing a Louis Prima routine on live TV pretty much makes you a babyface forever in my book. I'm not even Italian. But if Young Sheldon opened with a full-cast rendition of "When You're Smilin'" I wouldn't change the channel. I'm the Iron Sheik of Araby.

• Like 3

Trying to fill a stadium in the UK feels like A LOT. AEW isn't as popular in the UK and last I heard had an inconsistent time slot for Dynamite, getting 100K to 150K viewers a week. That show better be super stacked and not with AEW homegrowns (no offense to them of course) but wrestlers that casual and WWE fans in the UK have heard of and want to see. I wish the best for them as it would be a hell of a sight, but they have their work cut out for them over the next few months.

• Like 3

I think Wembley's a reaction to how fast shows like the original All In, Grand Slam 1, and Forbidden Door 2 sold out. All of those could have sold out a stadium and one of em hasn't even happened yet. This isn't a brand-new market, it's a brand-new hempisphere. Go for it.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, MrKothoga said:

I can't describe how much I disliked Dark Order not coming to help Hangman after Danielson said that nobody loves Hangman and would help him.

Seriously?

I kind of hope the return of Stu Grayson will put the dark back in Dark Order.

• Like 2

Going in to this FTR bout with the Gunns I was 98% sure they were sticking around. The 2%, and weekend losses for Briscoe, Kingston and Rhodes, was enough amplification of the magic of pro wrestling that I was right on the edge of my seat. Fucking beautiful pro wrestling! 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Trying to fill a stadium in the UK feels like A LOT. AEW isn't as popular in the UK and last I heard had an inconsistent time slot for Dynamite, getting 100K to 150K viewers a week. That show better be super stacked and not with AEW homegrowns (no offense to them of course) but wrestlers that casual and WWE fans in the UK have heard of and want to see. I wish the best for them as it would be a hell of a sight, but they have their work cut out for them over the next few months.

Where did you hear that? Because of a better TV position, AEW does higher ratings than WWE in the UK.

https://www.sescoops.com/news/aew-crushing-wwe-uk-less-popular

Edited by Dog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Red King said:

AEW is now a company with 6 PPVS a year.

All Out likely isn’t happening this year. The week after All In 2 is Labor Day weekend, when All Out is traditionally held.

Edited by Casey

Dax looked like he’s been sitting home drinking tequila and hadn’t done a sit-up in three months. I bit on every nearfall because he looked like a dude who was on his way OUT, buddy.

• Like 8

Great show

Anyone else notice Tony randomly adding that the Wembley show would be celebrating 100 years of Warner Bros.?

I wonder if they try and get Dwayne Johnson to work a match. Warner would probably rather fund him wrestling at this point than deal with him on a movie set.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Dog said:

Where did you here that? Because of a better TV position, AEW does better ratings than WWE in the UK.

https://www.sescoops.com/news/aew-crushing-wwe-uk-less-popular

I assume these ratings are accurate:  http://backbodydrop.com/blog/uk-tv-ratings/  WWE will always have the advantage of being the globally known brand, and even they don't do big UK shows very often for a reason. I'd love for AEW to fill the stadium, or at least make it respectable, just saying they will need a really good game plan.

1 minute ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Great show

Anyone else notice Tony randomly adding that the Wembley show would be celebrating 100 years of Warner Bros.?

I wonder if they try and get Dwayne Johnson to work a match. Warner would probably rather fund him wrestling at this point than deal with him on a movie set.

More corporate synergy!

If it means we get Bugs Bunny wrestling a match, I'm sold.

• Like 2

On 4/4/2023 at 10:54 AM, JLowe said:

Trios match would be more interesting to me as a bunch of singles matches.

FTR-Gunns has some intrigue and FTR could carry Gunns to a good match.

Sammy-Komander will be a fun spotfest.

Will Hook-Ethan Page be the culmination of Matt Hardy's not-so-subtle betrayal plan? Maybe. Will it be a good match? Magic 8-ball says "Outlook not so good"

Hayter-Riho is face vs. face and is somehow going to involve the Outcasts, but should be an excellent match until that happens.

Starks-Robinson is going to tell a lot of story and be a solid match. Please tell me they're not going to try and do a Bullet Club angle.

Is this when Tony announces the Saturday show?

Setting the over-under on MJF-day segment at 15 minutes.

I actually thought the trios match was great! Really hit on all cylinders, fun, excellent storytelling.

FTR-Gunns was a really great story and an excellent match. Colten is really becoming a good wrestler, and Austin is, well, a really good cheesedick heel.

Sammy-Komander was a spot fest but not a good one other than Sammy’s perfect timing on the kick outside the ring when Komander did his first long rope walk spot. I will say Komander made the GTH look the best it ever has.

Called Hook-Ethan perfectly.

Hayter-Riho was a really good match, even if I am just never going to be able to buy Riho as a legitimate threat to a huge, strong opponent. Also, no interference! Also, who would’ve guessed that Ruby Soho would be the best promo of the Outcasts?

Starks-Robinson was everything I didn’t want, and it’s weird that they’re acting like Jay White wasn’t on AEW before.

Tony’s announcement was a legitimately huge announcement for AEW and a surprise.

MJF’s bullshit killed my enthusiasm after that solid first hour, and I’m pretty sure it went way over 15 minutes. Thank god for the mute button.

I like BCC bringing carnage but they maybe should’ve workshopped the whole “amateurs” line more, it’s pretty dumb.

• Like 4

I only fast forwarded through the MJF stuff. If be more into this if there were more focus on Darby and less on Jungle Boy and Sammy. Rest of the show was really solid.

Question, why are people so convinced Drew is leaving WWE? Did I miss something?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I'd love for AEW to fill the stadium, or at least make it respectable, just saying they will need a really good game plan.

Time to pull Anthony Ogogo out of mothballs.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jenalysis said:

I'm just happy  Jay White is there.

I didn't like that Starks started mounting a comeback during the 2 on 1 instead of getting laid out clean

Makes me think Jay/Juice are just going to be Kingdom-level goofs to bump for the established stars instead of a major act in their own right

• Like 1