DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 2/13 - 2/19/2023

Dolfan in NYC

So am I the only one waiting for Rey to press charges against Rhea and we get a first: a potential deportation storyline? I mean she's a multiple offender at this point, including property invasion... Rey tries to be a good dad with Dom, but Rhea is clearly a bad influence on his hijo and he's bound to reach his breaking point before too long.

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

So am I the only one waiting for Rey to press charges against Rhea and we get a first: a potential deportation storyline? I mean she's a multiple offender at this point, including property invasion... Rey tries to be a good dad with Dom, but Rhea is clearly a bad influence on his hijo and he's bound to reach his breaking point before too long.

I can't see that going well, half the people will wonder why Rhea would be under threat and not Rey.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/15/2023 at 2:07 AM, Red King said:

Too bad Bron and Boogs aren't a tag team.

Looking forward to Bron's match against WWE legend Jinder Mahal. Gtg.

I’d give Bron 6 months or less after he’s called up to be in a comedy tag team.

Getting chumped by Jinder in the mic is yet another fell omen for his main roster run.

Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler are legit bad asses.  Natalya is a legit bad ass.  Shotzi is going to get mauled, I'm assuming. And they do but Rousey goes up BIG for a Released German Suplex.  Rousey is bumping all over the ring for Shotzi!  Well, this is WAAAAY better than I thought.  After the commercial. Shotzi is being mauled finally.  Rousey is making Shotzi look like a total KILLER, taking a bump directly on her head on the apron!  Natalya is great after the hot tag!  Ronda Rousey taps Shotzi.  Rousey was mothrfucking GREAT in that match.  The Viking Raiders and Sheamus and Drew McIntyre are about to go at it!  OH YEAH!  THAT'S THE STUFF!  Ivar applies a nerve hold.  Sheamus and Bald Guy beat the hell out of each other.  Drew tag in and throws the eight million pound Viking dudes around the ring!  MICHINOKU DRIVER by Drew!  FOR TWO!  JESUS!  SHEAMUS CRUSHES IVAR FROM THE TOPROPE in a Overhand Air Raid Crash!  We go to a commercial.  We return and Sheamus and Drew are beating on the Viking Raiders like drums.  Erik hits a Powerbomb on Seamus!  TOPE CON HILO by DREW!  SHEAMUS saves Drew!  Ivar hits a PREPOSTEROUSLY GIGANTIC SPLASH ON DREW!  FOR TWO!  Sheamus kicks Ivar!  McIntyre Claymores Erik!  FOR THE WIN!  THAT was fucking GREAT.  Asuka and Liv Morgan have a match!  Random women wrestlers pop up around the announcing table.  Asuka takes a toprope LUNGBLOWER like a fucking KING!  And we go to commercial.  Asuka and Liv do a bunch of stuff!  Nikki Cross is all weird!  Postmatch, everybody beats everybody up!  That was good.  Madcap Moss takes on GUNTHER!  GUNTHER is awesome and he brings the STIFF!  Moss makes with the Spinebuster!  Moss looks good in this, as GUNTHER takes the low grade power offense really well.  Nice Vertical Suplex and Swinging Neckbreaker by Moss.  Moss with the Samoan Drop off the second rope!  GUNTHER finally procures the Sleeper and he puts Moss away with Powerbomb.  GUNTHER made Madcap Moss look great.  GUNTHER rules.  That was really good.  That was a good batch of wrestling.

• Like 3

Getting into a feud with Bray Wyatt might be an incentive for either Bobby or Brock to lose tomorrow night

It feels like they're gonna pair Bray with Lashley, but Brock Lesnar getting wrapped up in the Brayverse has the potential to be delightfully dumb television, and they're bringing back the Funhouse next week so that feels relevant here.

On 2/16/2023 at 7:52 AM, Pete said:

Sounds like you want Rhea to enter into a sham marriage with Dominik to keep Rhea in the country. Yeah, I know the actual law is a little more complex than that.

Shotzi/Nattie vs. Shayna/Ronda was a nice little match with decent action and solid team work from Shayna and Ronda.

Sheamus/Drew vs. Viking Raiders was a fucking great match once again with the two teams busting out bombs and beating the crap out of each other. 

Asuka/Liv was pretty solid, maybe even better, but the EC participants coming out once gain distracted from the action in the ring. Its a shame since Asuka and Liv worked way better together than expected.  

GUNTHER/Moss was somehow way the hell better than expected. Moss was an house of fire constantly getting cut down by Gunther only have comeback attempt in burst again and again. Didn't think it would be bad, but this really was a nice reminder that Moss actually a solid-good wrestler even if he isn't the most interesting character/personality wise. Was interesting to Gunther so loved by the crowd. Poor Moss was getting booed the first half, but the crowd seemed ok with him in the end due to his strong performance. 

Sami's moment with the crowd was wonderful. The promo he gave was short and spirited and somehow riled up the crowd even further.  Its so good to see Sami get a moment like this after so long. 

Edited by Eivion

5 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Can't help but wonder with Bray challenging Lashley or Lesnar if HHH will continue the time honored tradition of cutting any momentum Wyatt has out from under him by having him lose on high profile PPVS.

We can only hope.

I have zero interest in a Bray match, but the backstage politics would be fascinating.  I want to be in the room when Hunter tries to convince Brock to put Bray and his spooky mumble-jumbo over.  Would Brock really agree to not only do a job, but let Bray no-sell all his (Brock’s) power moves.

Same problem with Lashley.  Lashley generally gets to steamroll the roster.  Are they really going to cut him off at the knees for Bray (answer: probably).

I probably won’t end up watching the matches or whatever leads up to it, but it’s fascinating backstage politics.

You would have to think that Lesnar is beating Lashley.   So if the loser is going to Bray Wyatt fine although it sucks for Lashley.   but given that the rumored WM watch is Brock vs GUNTER, if it ends up being Brock vs Wyatt that would be like telling your wife you are going to Ruth Chris Steak House for dinner and taking her to Crystals

Re: Smack-down-town-daddy!

I started this show just short of 32 minutes after skimming things I largely wasn't interested in. I do like the Shayna-Rhonda Rousey duo, but I just wasn't interested in a match with Shotzi and Nattie. Am I overlooking Nattie? She hasn't shown herself to be inefficient or anything, but she's clearly an enhancement talent, and character wise very unfresh. I wonder what a potential jump to AEW might do for her as far as freshening her up. Getting her into some potentially memorable matches with the likes of Toni and Hayter. I also stopped to see the Windham Brothers for a sec. This is how I was hoping they would potentially come into AEW. I'm glad they didn't, but clearly there's a deep connection that Bray makes with this audience. No matter how shitty his segments have been, the crowd wants to dig him. This was not such a shitty segment. I was further impressed by the B Fab mic work that I stopped for. B Fab's got something. They need to get her with a top act. Following the skim, I started in as the bell rings for Drew, Sheamus and the Viking Raiders. Such a hard hitting and excellent bout. An in ring highlight of the week. I'd love for Eric and Ibar move passed this Viking bullshit into something less cosplay. Whatever the case they let these guys go, and they're clearly sooo talented. I think Killer Kross is doing a solid job with the material. He and Scarlett haven't connected well enough with the audience, but I like that they're sticking by him enough with the hope of developing something. I love Asuka, but I just didn't really have this one in me. Looked like a lot of INTENSE horseshit on the skim. Really dug both the Madcap Moss and Gunther promos. I like Madcap and Tenille Dashwood. Gunther is just unbelievable. I loved hearing the strong babyface 'pure respect' heat for Gunther in MTL. He's easily top 3 for me right now with Danielson, Kenny and Gable. Honorable mention to Roosh. And FTR as soon as they come back. And Mark Briscoe is right there too. I feel so much goddamn emotion for that guy. A very much different circumstance with Sami Zayn, but similar feelings this evening. Something about the celebration of life I'd have to suppose? Zayn is clearly the hottest act in wrestling. With easily the most incredible chops in the business. It is impossible for me not to love this character. I've skimmed a lot of Bloodline material just for Zayn. This match this evening is the most I've been interested in a WWE match in a very long time. It was really wonderful sharing in seeing him get his goddamn flowers in the world class city of Montreal! Just so fantastic! 

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mario said:

We can only hope.

I have zero interest in a Bray match, but the backstage politics would be fascinating.  I want to be in the room when Hunter tries to convince Brock to put Bray and his spooky mumble-jumbo over.  Would Brock really agree to not only do a job, but let Bray no-sell all his (Brock’s) power moves.

Same problem with Lashley.  Lashley generally gets to steamroll the roster.  Are they really going to cut him off at the knees for Bray (answer: probably).

I probably won’t end up watching the matches or whatever leads up to it, but it’s fascinating backstage politics.

& why you putting him up against either of the 2 most credible tough guys in the company of all people on the roster. I'm sure you can come up with a better money match for Brays second progam since returning.

44 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

& why you putting him up against either of the 2 most credible tough guys in the company of all people on the roster. I'm sure you can come up with a better money match for Brays second progam since returning.

Unless Vince really is back booking and like usual, they kill Bray dead at Mania.

• Like 1