DVDVR Message Board

2023 - IN MEMORIAM - MOVIES & TV

RIPPA

Tom Sizemore had a stroke and related brain aneurysm back in the 18th and has been in a coma ever since. Doctors say he has no hope of recovery and his family is making end of life decisions now.

He was a great heavy before he screwed up his career with drugs. Heat and Saving Private Ryan get most of the attention but I always loved him in True Romance.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Tom Sizemore had a stroke and related brain aneurysm back in the 18th and has been in a coma ever since. Doctors say he has no hope of recovery and his family is making end of life decisions now.

He was a great heavy before he screwed up his career with drugs. Heat and Saving Private Ryan get most of the attention but I always loved him in True Romance.

Fuckin' this look....   JESUS.  You don't need to know any context of what is going on in the movie, in the scene, or anything at all, and Tom just nails "...the fuck you looking at". 

I know Michael Mann's a hyper-perfectionist, but whatever he got out of Sizemore that day was just astounding.  

Sizemore was also amazing in his episode of Always Sunny with the "you two split me open... like a coconut."

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Sizemore was also amazing in his episode of Always Sunny with the "you two split me open... like a coconut."

Oh my god I never realized that was Sizemore.

I also thought Sizemore had been dead for a while, which I think is a combination of his lifestyle and my frequently confusing him with James Gandolfini.

On 2/28/2023 at 12:32 AM, Zimbra said:

I always loved him in True Romance

True Romance - Police Query Scene (Tom Sizemore Cody Nicholson) - YouTube

"...ten Roman Gladiators". I never caught that before. 

His reaction to getting the bust. Him saying it's about "the action" in Heat. Goddammit. 

I love that dude. 

EDIT:

HEAT - "The Action IS The Juice" - YouTube

Just incredible. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

True Romance - Police Query Scene (Tom Sizemore Cody Nicholson) - YouTube

"...ten Roman Gladiators". I never caught that before. 

His reaction to getting the bust. Him saying it's about "the action" in Heat. Goddammit. 

I love that dude. 

EDIT:

HEAT - "The Action IS The Juice" - YouTube

Just incredible. 

I've said this here before, there should have been a sorta prequel to True Romance with Sizemore, Chris Penn and Ed Lauter, would have been way better than any Vega Brothers flick.

This b!ows. A lot of the best MST3K experiments (Amazing Colossal Man, Earth Vs the Spider, Tormented, Magic Sword etc) were Gordon's... and that's not a knock. Perfectly fine 50s/60s B-movies with some solid performances, bombastic music and wonderfully schlocky special effects. He did well.

RIP, Mister B.I.G.

• Like 6

Chaim Topol, who was best known for playing Tevye in both the stage and movie versions of "Fiddler on the Roof", has passed away at the age of 87

• Sad 1

I was already thinking it was about time for another Wire rewatch, but this news made it a requirement. Lance Reddick's Lt. Daniels is one of the few people on the show who is willing to risk anything in the name of his own moral compass. He isn't perfect,  but the way Reddick plays him,  you can't help but respect him. 

Loved him in Fringe and various video games and animations. The dumb comedy stuff he occasionally did like Toys R Me were super fun to see as well. Will miss his voice. Always felt his was unique and had something there that made you want to listen to him. Really didn't think we would be hearing new like this for another twenty years at least. 

• Like 1

Lance Reddick was so fucking awesome in everything he did. Oz, the John Wicks, Fringe, The Wire.... hell he was the only redeeming thing about that otherwise awful Resident Evil series Netflix put out last year. What a shame. Only 60 too. Dude should have been able to keep acting another 15 years at least.

• Like 2

Fuck fuck fuck. I just saw the news about Lance Reddick's passing. I'm heartbroken. Dude was one of my favorite actors and had an iconic voice. I can't think of anything I didn't like him in, from Lost to Fringe to the Wire and all of the voice work he did. Fucking brutal.

• Like 1