DVDVR Message Board

2023 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

This looks a billion times better than the Irishman. So stoked.

The book is amazing. It's a horror show that starts off terrible, wears you out in the first 40 pages, and just keeps getting worse. Such an awful (true) story. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tabe said:

The book is amazing. It's a horror show that starts off terrible, wears you out in the first 40 pages, and just keeps getting worse. Such an awful (true) story. 

The wealthy cattleman who was allegedly the mastermind of the whole plot was given a life sentence... and then paroled??  Anyone who has a low opinion of the US legal system should not read this book.  It is awesome and heartbreaking and will support your cynicism.  I'm looking forward to watching the movie even though I already know I will leave the theater enraged.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

The movie looks good, I may or may not watch it, as I don't have Apple, but I found the book to be okay to mediocre. Then again I am a history snob of the highest order. . . .

Think it's getting a cinema release as well, mate.

• Like 1

When The Irishman was shown in cinemas, was there an intermission? Longest film I've ever seen at the cinema is a tie between The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and Avengers: Endgame, both three hours. I struggle sitting long with the CP.

Edited by The Natural

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

The movie looks good, I may or may not watch it, as I don't have Apple, but I found the book to be okay to mediocre. Then again I am a history snob of the highest order. . . .

It seems everywhere you look Apple is giving away Apple+ for free for 3 to 6 months. I think I went nearly a year without paying for it.

The Color Purple

This is the movie adaptation of the musical which in and of itself was an adaptation of the novel and 1985 movie

Directed by Blitz Bazawule

Starring Taraji P. Henson, Danielle Brooks, Colman Domingo, Corey Hawkins, H.E.R., Halle Bailey, Aunjanue Ellis-Taylor, and Fantasia Barrino.

It is releasing Christmas Day so expect the full on Oscar blitz for this

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think my free year of Apple TV+ for having TMobile expires soon.

You should be fine. Got an Xbox? Playstation? A Switch? An LG TV? A Roku TV? A CB radio? A left arm? All of your toes? At least one Window? Then there's a good chance Apple has a deal for you! 

My friend and I were joking that the Apple+ business model is like WWE Network's where you can just always get it for free. At least with Apple we know where else they're making their money.

• Haha 2

Problemista

It is A24 and Tilda Swanson - we probably should all watch

Written, Directed and Starring Julio Torres

Also has RZA, Greta Lee, Catalina Saavedra, James Scully, Isabella Rossellini

24 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

People at Cannes seem to have loved Asteroid City, which is coming out in June. Feels like I should have to wait for like another 2 years for a new Wes Anderson movie. 

I think French Dispatch was supposed to be out earlier than it was, so it pushed this one closer.

• Like 1

Story I saw online:

"Jeremy Allen White reveals diet to bulk up to play Kerry Von Erich in "Iron Claw" movie and says Director Sean Durkin did a "beautiful job" with the film and he's been a wrestling fan since he was a kid"

LOOOOL sure.  Does A24 have the budget for the "Hollywood 2 chicken breasts, 1 broccoli, 1 rice" diet all the Marvel actors get on to get shredded and magically gain 10 pounds of muscle?

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

"Main" trailer for Barbie as in somewhat explains what the fuck the movie is going to be about

I just looked at the credits and one of the other Kens is 

Spoiler

John Cena as Merman Ken

• Haha 1