DVDVR Message Board

2023 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

18 hours ago, Craig H said:

Your daily/weekly reminder that Tom Cruise is out of his motherfucking mind. Dude really is the American Jackie Chan and is probably going to be a broken, broken, broken man. He may look younger than Wilford Brimley did at his age, but his body is probably going to feel worse that Wilford's did.

It will take years for his body to metabolize all of the cortisone in his system.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

https://youtu.be/XuDwndGaCFo

Heart of Stone

Gal Gadot, Jamie Dornan, Alia Bhatt, Matthias Schweighöfer

Basically Netflix's version of James Bond

Not to be an ass, but wasn't The Gray Man suppose to be that? Then before that, 6 Underground or whatever that was. I mean both of those shits cost as much or more than a Bond movie would be to produce.

Dumb Money

This is the movie based on the Gamestop stock bullshit

Dumb Money stars Paul Dano, Pete Davidson, Vincent D’Onofrio, America Ferrera, Nick Offerman, Anthony Ramos, Sebastian Stan, Shailene Woodley and Seth Rogen. Directed by Craig Gillespie, written by Lauren Schuker Blum & Rebecca Angelo, based on the book “The Antisocial Network” by Ben Mezrich.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2023 at 4:26 AM, Tabe said:

New trailer for this load of trash. I cannot believe Jennifer Lawrence agreed to this movie. WTF. 

NSFW for language again:

I thought the trailer looked alright, but I just saw a clip from this where a nude Jennifer Lawrence gives a guy a full-on Dr Death backdrop driver after getting karate chopped in the vagina so I'm all in on this one now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

We saw the trailer for the Hunger Games movie yesterday and boy that looked awful. 

The Solo Coen Brothers movie looked bad too. 

On the other hand, Poor Things looked bonkers crazy in a good way. Has that trailer been posted here recently? 

8 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

On the other hand, Poor Things looked bonkers crazy in a good way. Has that trailer been posted here recently? 

Pretty sure I posted a trailer for it in the Horror thread - not sure if it is the same one you saw

• Like 1

So, I'm kinda hoping the only real other change they make from the book (as it seems they're giving Irulan more to do in this than she did originally), is they wrap more stuff on screen (and let Gurny get his promise) than they did in the book and previous adaptations.  That's one of my big knocks on the first book, too much happened off page, even if I get the idea of not everything has the satisfying ending. 

• Like 1

It's becoming clearer and clearer that Barbie and Oppenheimer aren't just being released on the same day, but they are set in the same universe, and are directly related to each other.

• Haha 1

So apparently Netflix is doing some version of The Chronicles of Narnia (I say some because it is unknown if it is a totally reboot or if they will be continuations of the books already filmed)

Either way - 2 of the said movies will be written and directed by Greta Gerwig

That is per The New Yorker

On 7/3/2023 at 2:36 PM, RIPPA said:

So apparently Netflix is doing some version of The Chronicles of Narnia (I say some because it is unknown if it is a totally reboot or if they will be continuations of the books already filmed)

Either way - 2 of the said movies will be written and directed by Greta Gerwig

That is per The New Yorker

Probably will end up like the recent movies where they give up as interest wanes for each movie after the first.