DVDVR Message Board

2023 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Next Goal Wins

The next Taika Waititi movie

For the soccer fans - Michael Fassbender is playing Thomas Rongen which is just weird

Fassbender playing anytime real is usually weird. Him as Steve Jobs was bizarre. I couldn’t not think about his awful attempt at an American accent that whole movie.

Only I'm going to care about this stupidity but if you're setting a movie in 1994... why set the trailer to a song that was released 5 years later?

Regulate, Sabotage, Big Poppa, or fucking Players Ball are all *right there*.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

If Transformers were around in 1994...then how would nobody except that one government unit know about them until they appeared in the 2000s?

I am not sure if this is what you are talking about but...

Bumblebee and this movie (which is a sequel to Bumblebee) are not related to the Shia LaBeouf ones

Basically Bumblebee rebooted the franchise and was set if the late 80s if I remember correctly (I haven't seen any of them since Transformers 2)

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Bumblebee and this movie (which is a sequel to Bumblebee) are not related to the Shia LaBeouf ones

Basically Bumblebee rebooted the franchise and was set if the late 80s if I remember correctly (I haven't seen any of them since Transformers 2)

Look, I'll be honest, I only ever watched that first Transformers movie and never watched anything else. I just figured everything was connected because it all looks the same.

• Like 2

WISH

Starring  Ariana DeBose, Chris Pine, and Alan Tudyk

Directed by Chris Buck (Frozen, Frozen 2) and Fawn Veerasunthorn (Raya and the Last Dragon)

Opens this Thanksgiving.    (that's Nov. 22 for you non-Americans)

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I hate that I know this, but: Bumblebee is a prequel to the LaBeouf movies and all exist in the same continuity.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

A Haunting in Venice

Technically could go in horror but it is the next Hercule Poirot movie

Written and Directed by Kenneth Branagh again

Kyle Allen (“Rosaline”), Camille Cottin (“Call My Agent”), Jamie Dornan (“Belfast”), Tina Fey (“30 Rock”), Jude Hill (“Belfast”), Ali Khan (“6 Underground”), Emma Laird (“Mayor of Kingstown”), Kelly Reilly (“Yellowstone”), Riccardo Scamarcio (“Caravaggio’s Shadow”), and recent Oscar winner Michelle Yeoh (“Everything Everywhere All at Once”).

Saw this trailer last night. Really dug how they presented it as a horror until you see Poirot.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Look, I'll be honest, I only ever watched that first Transformers movie and never watched anything else. I just figured everything was connected because it all looks the same.

To be fair none of the movies after the first are worth catching aside from Bumblebee which is the best of the live films so far. 

• Like 1

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes

When we were talking about that other movie being made about the bully - all I could think about is this fucking movie

On 4/27/2023 at 8:20 AM, RIPPA said:

A Haunting in Venice

Technically could go in horror but it is the next Hercule Poirot movie

Written and Directed by Kenneth Branagh again

Kyle Allen (“Rosaline”), Camille Cottin (“Call My Agent”), Jamie Dornan (“Belfast”), Tina Fey (“30 Rock”), Jude Hill (“Belfast”), Ali Khan (“6 Underground”), Emma Laird (“Mayor of Kingstown”), Kelly Reilly (“Yellowstone”), Riccardo Scamarcio (“Caravaggio’s Shadow”), and recent Oscar winner Michelle Yeoh (“Everything Everywhere All at Once”).

Yeah, Kenneth Branagh's Poirot joints are getting progressively better.  We will see what he can do with Agatha Christie's shittiest piece of work, Hallowe'en Party.  It's Dame Agatha Christie so even her shittiest work is not half bad.

Edited by J.T.

13 hours ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, Kenneth Branagh's Poirot joints are getting progressively better.  We will see what he can do with Agatha Christie's shittiest piece of work, Hallowe'en Party.  It's Dame Agatha Christie so even her shittiest work is not half bad.

As long as enough of my beloved British character actors are represented then I'm in for a watch.

12 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

HOLY JESUS CHRIST GODDAMNED SHIT

John Hillcoat Will Finally Bring BLOOD MERIDIAN To The Big Screen - Fangoria

Prepare to vomit directly on your shoes.

I feel that this movie would've only gotten made in today's political climate.  Here in the era of anti-wokeness and convenient amnesia is the perfect time for a movie to come around and shove the face of US History in its own bile.  I await the social chaos and backlash this movie will bring.  I will need to go to the store and buy lots of popcorn.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Log said:

I think the key to adapting it will be nailing the casting of The Judge. Vincent D'Onofrio?

It's a good choice, but I'm not sure if he's short or stout enough. The book has him looking like a cherub. If he were still alive I would almost think Bob Hoskins. 

15 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

It's a good choice, but I'm not sure if he's short or stout enough. The book has him looking like a cherub. If he were still alive I would almost think Bob Hoskins. 

Ah, I must've misremembered. I thought he was super tall and huge, but hairless. Like a giant baby.

Until they start principal photography, I wouldn't hold my breath on Blood Meridian being released in theaters. Better yet, I would wait until filming is done.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Until they start principal photography, I wouldn't hold my breath on Blood Meridian being released in theaters. Better yet, I would wait until filming is done.

Esp if it's HBO/Discovery. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Esp if it's HBO/Discovery. 

Anything WBD, I would have wait until I am either watching it on my computer or in the theaters. They could film something and then some dude use the actual film to heat his fireplace.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1