DVDVR Message Board

2023 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

46 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

This is gonna get by on Jack Black's performance and that it looks very pretty.   

I'm guessing this is just going to be an overstuffed mess though. 

• Like 2

Full trailer for the live action Little Mermaid (this is the one that debuted during the Oscars)

• Halle Bailey = Ariel
  • Javier Bardem = King Triton
  • Jonah Hauer-King = Prince Eric
  • Jacob Tremblay = Flounder
  • Awkwafina = Scuttle
  • Daveed Diggs = Sebastian
  • Melissa McCarthy = Ursula

They better have had a huge scenery budget, because going by that trailer, I'm pretty sure McCarthy is going to chew the fuck out of every piece she can get her hands on.

Great day today seeing Scream VI (2023) with my Sister, her first cinema trip in 18 years as she has right bad anxiety. For that reason, it's a day I'll long remember. We really enjoyed the film with nods to past entries, rules references and what the past can do to us. Scream slasher staples (check that alliteration out). You do need to stay when the credits roll as there's a post-credits scene. Here's how I'd rank the Scream films:

6. Scream 3 (2000).

5. Scream 4 (2011).

4. Scream (2022).

3. Scream VI (2023).

2. Scream 2 (1997).

1. Scream (1996).

• Like 2

Joy Ride

Red band because of language

No affiliation with the Paul Walker, Steve Zahn movie

I was confused until Seth Rogen's name showed up and then I wasn't confused

Daisy Edgar-Jones has agreed to star in Twisters per Hollywood Reporter

Also from the same report - the movie is no longer a sequel to the original movie (Twister) and instead will be a "new chapter" and there are now no plays to bring back any of the original characters

On 3/17/2023 at 3:30 PM, The Natural said:

Great day today seeing Scream VI (2023) with my Sister, her first cinema trip in 18 years as she has right bad anxiety. For that reason, it's a day I'll long remember. We really enjoyed the film with nods to past entries, rules references and what the past can do to us. Scream slasher staples (check that alliteration out). You do need to stay when the credits roll as there's a post-credits scene. Here's how I'd rank the Scream films:

6. Scream 3 (2000).

5. Scream 4 (2011).

4. Scream (2022).

3. Scream VI (2023).

2. Scream 2 (1997).

1. Scream (1996).

I’m glad to hear you had such a wonderful day with your sister. I think you two definitely chose the right movie to check out (I just went to see it yesterday). 

I do have a question for you though. Of the four new mains which character is your favorite? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LF2 said:

I’m glad to hear you had such a wonderful day with your sister. I think you two definitely chose the right movie to check out (I just went to see it yesterday). 

I do have a question for you though. Of the four new mains which character is your favorite? 

Cheers, pal. It's a time together I'll always remember.

That's a tough question. I like all of the core four in Sam Carpenter, Tara Carpenter, Mindy Meeks-Martin and Chad Meeks-Martin. Probably Sam the most seeing if she'll give into her urges or defeat her demons. I can relate to the latter.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Cheers, pal. It's a time together I'll always remember.

That's a tough question. I like all of the core four in Sam Carpenter, Tara Carpenter, Mindy Meeks-Martin and Chad Meeks-Martin. Probably Sam the most seeing if she'll give into her urges or defeat her demons. I can relate to the latter.

I’m hoping it’s the latter as she’s my favorite, but I’m not going to be shocked if she (or another legacy character) ends up as the villain in Scream 7. Now that I know that about you I wish you the best of luck in defeating any demons you have too. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LF2 said:

I’m hoping it’s the latter as she’s my favorite, but I’m not going to be shocked if she (or another legacy character) ends up as the villain in Scream 7. Now that I know that about you I wish you the best of luck in defeating any demons you have too. 

I hope Sam doesn't end up the villain in Scream VI either. It's depression for me and thanks for the well wishes xxx.

Edited by The Natural

You Hurt My Feelings

RELEASE DATE: May 26, 2023
DIRECTOR: Nicole Holofcener (Enough Said, Please Give)
CAST: Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Tobias Menzies, Michaela Watkins, Arian Moayed, Amber Tamblyn, David Cross, and Jeannie Berlin

Quasi

The next movie from the Broken Lizard folks.

I guess the thing to note is that Kevin Heffernan is directing this one (as opposed to Jay Chandrasekhar)

Since I posted the first one in this thread - I will now post the final trailer here too

Renfield

As per usual - this trailer gives away a lot of the movie if you care about that sort of thing

THE LOST KING

Starring Sally Hawkins, Steve Coogan, Harry Lloyd, and Mark Addy

Directed by Stephen Frears (Dangerous LiaisonsHigh FidelityPhilomena, The Queen)

--

This is getting the big "Indie movie you should see" push.  It releases in the US this weekend.  Notably, it came out in the UK last October. 

Average Height, Average Build will be Adam Mackay's next movie.  

It will star Robert Pattinson as a serial killer that gets into politics to pass murder-friendly laws.  

(This is extremely my shit.)

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Press screenings for the Mario movie have started, so be on guard for spoilers/Easter eggs. 

There's already a big one out there:

Spoiler

Turns out, the Princess is in another castle.

• Haha 3