DVDVR Message Board

2023 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

BIG GEORGE FOREMAN - Official Trailer - YouTube

BIG GEORGE FOREMAN: THE MIRACULOUS STORY OF THE ONCE AND FUTURE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD

In theaters April 28.

The George Foreman biopic with a title destined to save the theater marquee lettering industry.

I'll give this film a billion stars if anyone mentions Hulk Hogan rejecting the grill for the meatball maker (or he turned off his phone in the school carline -- depending on what the urban legend trend is).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Speaking of biopic's

Michael Jackson's nephew - Jaafar Jackson (Jermaine's son) - will play Michael in the Antoine Fuqua directed movie

https://deadline.com/2023/01/michael-jackson-nephew-jaafar-jackson-portray-king-of-pop-in-antoine-fuqua-directed-movie-lionsgate-1235244128/

I think I forgot to mention this last week but this movie is approved by MJ's estate so it will have his music in it

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 9:37 AM, RIPPA said:

• Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (Feb. 17)
  • John Wick: Chapter 4 (March 24)
  • The Super Mario Bros Movie (April 7)
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 (May 5)
  • Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (June 30)
  • The Marvels (July 28)

holy shit, i will have a 6 month (at least!) streak of going to the theater. longest stretch in probably more than a decade. usually i only go see 3-4 movies per year. Marvel and Star Wars, mainly.

• Like 1

GUY RITCHIE'S THE COVENANT

Starring: Jake Gyllenhaal and Dar Salim

Written and Directed by Guy Ritchie

---

Honest question, has Guy Ritchie done anything over the past 15 years or so to warrant "Guy Ritchie" plastered everywhere in this trailer? 

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Honest question, has Guy Ritchie done anything over the past 15 years or so to warrant "Guy Ritchie" plastered everywhere in this trailer? 

Sherlock Holmes is in the last 15 years!

(And while you might hate it you can find many folks who like the live action Aladdin)

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Production has begun on the Fede Alvarez (Evil Dead '13, Don't BreatheTexas Chainsaw Massacre '22) led project, Alien: Romulus 

I kinda wanted the next step after Covenant (I think I'm in the minority that actually really liked it), but I'll take a standalone.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

They're still working on an Alien TV show, no?

Yes but it ain't coming for awhile

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a36940045/alien-series-fx-plot-release-date-cast-explained/

The show is still in the early stages of development, but after months with no news, there's finally some hope on the horizon. FX chief John Landgraf said during the Television Critics Association press tour, "Noah is currently in production on the fifth season of Fargo, but he’s in active preproduction on Alien; he’s written scripts. I think he’s meeting with his production designer in Austin this weekend, gearing up for production this year after he completes the fifth season of Fargo."

Noah = Noah Hawley

• Like 1

First teaser of WHITE MEN CAN'T JUMP

Starring Jack Harlow and Sinqua Walls

---

Debuts on Hulu on May 19.  I love the original, and like I said when I heard this was being made....  I'm fine with this, so long as the makers realize this is not a movie about basketball.

Count me in for also wanting a follow up to Alien Covenant. That movie isn't nearly as bad as some people made it out to be. It's totally fine and pretty good at times. You could see the twist coming from a mile away, but I'd still like to see what happens next.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Doc Townsend said:

Just read that Cocaine Bear was directed by Elizabeth Banks.  If I had to name the director, she probably would not have been in my first 500 guesses.  Just a really random bit of trivia.

I am not sure if this was the article you read (or a story based on this story)

https://variety.com/2023/film/features/elizabeth-banks-cocaine-bear-gory-1235515340/

Basically - Banks implies that if Cocaine Bear tanks, it will end her career (at least as a Director)

(Partially due to the Charlie's Angels reboot bombing and the aftermath of that)

Toy Story shouldn't have had a part 4, but they pulled it off. There absolutely shouldn't be a part 5. Figure out another way to make money. Make another fucking Tangled movie that builds off of what they did in the Tangled series or something.

Zootopia 2 feels like it's been in the works for about forever and a day. And after Frozen 2, it felt like that would be some sort of a trilogy so that makes sense. I may be the rare person that liked Frozen 2 more than Frozen, but that's what happens when it feels like a D&D adventure and you give Jonathan Groff more to work with.