DVDVR Message Board

2023 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

If they're going to squeeze more out of the Toy Story franchise, I've always thought they should do a Woody prequel.

How did a 1950's cowboy toy make his way to Andy in the 90's? I feel like there's a good story there.

• Like 3

I really, really, really didn't like Toy Story 4. In my canon, Toy Story was a trilogy. Rather see The Incredibles 3 with how popular comic books films are.

Loved Zootopia/Zootropolis as it's called in the UK. All in for the sequel. Tough act following the predecessor.

Never seen the Frozen films.

Per the article - Universal is banking on "viral marketing" in the same vein as M3GAN though acknowledges that R rated comedies tend to have a tough time that pretty much anything else

Apparently the budget for Cocaine Bear is in the mid-30s and the projections I can find (so far) say they are expecting it to make roughly $80 million worldwide. So.... who knows

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

A trailer for Air

I am more and more convinced that the biggest selling point to Affleck for doing this movie was cosplaying as Phil Knight

I get that Affleck and Damon are buddies but come on! The most WASPY dude on the planet playing Italian-American Yinzer Sonny Vaccaro? 

4 hours ago, Log said:

If they're going to squeeze more out of the Toy Story franchise, I've always thought they should do a Woody prequel.

How did a 1950's cowboy toy make his way to Andy in the 90's? I feel like there's a good story there.

Or go the Lightyear route:

Woody -- A western starring Timothy Olyphant

• Like 2

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Based on the Rock starting to more than slip a bit, I'm betting he's either in this or he'll be in the final one. Everyone else is in it. Fuck, why not bring in literally everybody? Bring in Roman Reigns and his whole family. Fuck it, give me CGI Paul Walker or just cast his brother. Go full crossover and get Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill involved.

I just want the most forced and dumbest fucking version of Endgame possible. What other dumb shit does Universal have to crowbar into a shared movie universe?

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I just want the most forced and dumbest fucking version of Endgame possible. What other dumb shit does Universal have to crowbar into a shared movie universe?

All the monster movies - have Dom fighting The Mummy, Invisible Man, Wolfman, etc...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

All the monster movies - have Dom fighting The Mummy, Invisible Man, Wolfman, etc...

Yes. Do it. Not only is it in the movie, but it's in. The. Movie.

I also noticed that the dude playing Reacher is in Fast X.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the explaination is this time of why Brian isn't around but Mia is (or why Mamoa isn't going after him too considering it looks like Mamoa's character is directly tied to, um,  yeah. 5 was the Brazil one.

They wouldn't do it, but I would laugh so damn hard if the guy from Reacher is playing Brian and the just hand wave the difference in looks by saying he's been getting ultra jacked and somehow taller in his time off taking care of the kids.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

They wouldn't do it, but I would laugh so damn hard if the guy from Reacher is playing Brian and the just hand wave the difference in looks by saying he's been getting ultra jacked and somehow taller in his time off taking care of the kids.

Rictchson is actually only 6'2", which is the same as what Walker was, so it's just the jacked part.

• Like 1