DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

14 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think Tye is going do a Juice Robinson and completely re-invent himself. Honestly, who saw opening match jobber CJ Parker going on to have the success he's had since leaving WWE?

Juice was mid-20s, Tye s 38. I'm not saying he can't have a run somewhere (probably AEW), but he isn't going to the NJPW Dojo.

Personally if I was getting paid to sit in catering & hang out with my gf Peyton Royce........but that's me.

• Like 2

The best chance to turn Roman was around SummerSlam 2016 when they were going with Finn as Universal Champion. There were leaning that way with Roman beating the pulp out of Rusev in front of Lana and laughing about it. But Finn blew out his shoulder and that moment was gone before it started.

I think what gets lost in the Rock turn is WWE had Austin as the #1 face. They could take some time to do something different with Rock. Had Finn stayed healthy, they would have had a similar situation with Roman. It wasn't meant to be.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Pure fantasy, but it'd be great if Roman were the mystery returning superstar fighting Bryan at Mania. Under those circumstances, they might actually stand a chance of running a match where Roman gets cheered and Bryan gets booed. Suck on that, 2015 conventional wisdom! 

See, what happens with this crazy scenario is that everyone resents Reigns anyway because they want Kofi in that spot and it's the most hilarious/horrific thing ever. 

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

NSFW:

ECW and The Unholy Alliance: Yoshihiro Tajiri, Mikey Whipwreck and the Sinister Minister. One of my favourite wrestling combinations ever. Entrance music rocked as well.

I can't give enough likes to everything about this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

In case anyone was curious about Arn’s Chicken preferences

Not only does Arn have a deceptive age. He also has a very deceptive personality. From all the interviews, and behind the scenes stories, Arn comes across as a total goof ball. You would think just looking at him that he’s a very dry person.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

You say that...but do you remember the worst periods of that show?

Having sat through most RAW's from inception, yes.  But we're not getting the Attitude Era back, so we have to set the proper floor.

7 hours ago, Phil4126 said:

I know it's a god damn broken record at this point, but you could have made all the monies and then some if you had turned Roman heel at one of any of the opportunities you had over the years. Let the guy get booed, let the fans get it out of their system and he will get organically turned back by the fans anyway. THEY DID IT FOR THE ROCK AND IT WORKED LIKE GANGBUSTERS(no, I'm not saying Roman is anywhere near the equivalent of Rock). He's never going to turn, I know. He's going to get a hero's welcome(as he should)as the guy who beat cancer and now is coming to kick your ass. But man, what could have been

That's a catch-22, though:

The problem isn't that this would happen, but that every fan KNOWS that "if you just got Roman booed. he'd get organically turned back into a babyface by the fans."

As a result, fans know that would happen SO MUCH that it would NEVER happen, because every fan knows that fact, and as a result, if WWE ever turned Roman heel, the fans' response would become "You're only turning Roman heel because you think that'll make us like him! Well, FUCK YOU WWE! I WON'T like Roman and YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!"

7 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

That's a catch-22, though:

The problem isn't that this would happen, but that every fan KNOWS that "if you just got Roman booed. he'd get organically turned back into a babyface by the fans."

As a result, fans know that would happen SO MUCH that it would NEVER happen, because every fan knows that fact, and as a result, if WWE ever turned Roman heel, the fans' response would become "You're only turning Roman heel because you think that'll make us like him! Well, FUCK YOU WWE! I WON'T like Roman and YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!"

You’re overthinking it. 

• Like 1

Conrad sort of let the cat out of the bag regarding Bruce working for WWE again on the What Happened When podcast. He made an offhand remark that if Bruce could go back to work for WWE again then it's not out of the question that Tony could find his way back. 

Personally, I don't think Bruce has a good idea left in his body. Also, it's not like it's going to matter anyway. When he talked this week about how nonsensical it was to have Taker kill Paul Bearer, but Vince wanted to do it anyway I thought, well, that's basically this whole product in a nutshell. It's still going to be Vince's call at the end of the day and Bruce is just going to get screamed at and take the blame for what doesn't work. 

For those who aren't tracking fully - here is the full story

By Mike Johnson on 2019-02-23 13:26:00
World Wrestling Entertainment is going back to the past to help forge their future.

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that Bruce Prichard is returning full-time to the company to work in a top position on the creative team and will start back at WWE TV this Monday in Atlanta, GA. 

Prichard’s position was described to PWInsider as being “as important as possible” in creative and he be one of the top point people in the creative team going forward.   Prichard, 55 years old, was best known on camera as Brother Love but worked behind the scenes for a number of years as a producer and worked directly with Vince McMahon as one of his top lieutenants.  We are told that Prichard’s new role will be very similar to his former position in that he will be working directly with McMahon on all things creative.

Prichard left WWE in 2008 and has since become the host of one of the most popular pro wrestling podcasts Something to Wrestle With, where Prichard and co-host Conrad Thompson do deep dives into events and personalities from WWE’s history.  The podcast has become so popular that a version of it was brought to the WWE Network for a series of episodes with a second season planned for later this year.  There is no word what this hiring means for the future of the podcast itself.

Prichard originally broke into the business under the legendary Paul Boesch and worked for Impact Wrestling after exiting WWE in 2008.  He has made cameos at Brother Love on WWE programming in recent years. 

Meanwhile - these matches will be occurring on Smackdown

Johnny Gargano vs. Cesaro

Ricochet & Aleister Black vs. Rusev & Shinsuke Nakamura

Edited by RIPPA
Curse you nofuture!!!!
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1