DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

I think WWE would probably offer a lowball amount to get the TNA video library (be good for a four-disc Kurt Angle set if nothing else) then close it down.Or have another go at the invasion angle. Which could manage to be even more terrible than the first one.

It would have one advantage over the WCW Invasion. Most of the top WCW guys didn't come over. Hogan, Goldberg, Flair, Sting, etc. In this case, WWE would get all the top TNA guys except Sting. Maybe Angle.

Juliette Danielle (of The Room fame) is apparently a big wrestling fan. She spends about 20 minutes here bitching and tearing the booking team apart about how much of a state the division is in

I know that the WWE Divas have certainly not been anything to write home about for a long time, if ever. But on the PPV tonight, Summer Rae really impressed me. A.J. Lee is a good heel pinball champion. Brie Bella is improving (still has a long way to go but is improving). A returning Awesome Kong to dethrone A.J. would go a long way, I think. Naomi is also really athletic if she could get away from the reality TV & the anchor that is her Funkadactyl teammate.

The biggest misconception to me is people trying to convince themselves that Natalya is any good at all.

But WWE will never take the women seriously, or give them meaningful stories or give them a decent amount of time, really, so it's sort of all for naught.

• Like 1

I think WWE would probably offer a lowball amount to get the TNA video library (be good for a four-disc Kurt Angle set if nothing else) then close it down.Or have another go at the invasion angle. Which could manage to be even more terrible than the first one.

It would have one advantage over the WCW Invasion. Most of the top WCW guys didn't come over. Hogan, Goldberg, Flair, Sting, etc. In this case, WWE would get all the top TNA guys except Sting. Maybe Angle.

"top TNA guys" being a relative term, obviously. 

DVRVR Kickstart to buy TNA

Only if Nikita can be the commissioner who debuts and claims that Mother Russia has begun her invasion of degenerate American wrestling.
And buries someone under the russian flag and or hits someone with a little red shovel.
  • Like 1

Hogan leading an "invading army" of Bully, Aries, Joe, Storm, Roode, Magnus, and Bad Influence might possibly not be absolutely awful, right...?

That would be the most exciting thing in RoH in some time with the histories there, Hogan would be the only way to actually make this a heel faction there though. 

• Like 3

I think a DVDVR-owned TNA is the only way I'll get to live out my dream of seeing the reborn NEW BREED return from the future to right the wrongs of the past. But then an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE NEW BREED comes to stop them!

I'm down with the New Breed, as long as they feud with Tekno Team 2000 at some point.

I think a DVDVR-owned TNA is the only way I'll get to live out my dream of seeing the reborn NEW BREED return from the future to right the wrongs of the past. But then an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE NEW BREED comes to stop them!

I'm down with the New Breed, as long as they feud with Tekno Team 2000 at some point.

Tekno Team 3000 these days.

Him looking scarily like his dad probably won't help either.

You know, I don't want to guess about his motivations, but, it's like, couldn't he just do something else? It's hard enough to be a wrestler, never mind having that hanging over you.

The only adjustment Shawn made during his comeback was deciding to throw the worst chops in the history of professional wrestling.

That's not true.  He also started throwing horrible punches and missing his superkick by at least a foot too.