DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

DVRVR Kickstart to buy TNA

I'm on board.Only if Nikita can be the commissioner who debuts and claims that Mother Russia has begun her invasion of degenerate American wrestling.
I accept this position wholeheartedly! This will be the top championship:http://yfrog.com/mm7sccgj:medium

Will the title belt be given to the winner of the match, or will the result end with everyone saying "Well, AJ Styles did "technically" beat Bully Ray, but Bully Ray had better punches- so he wins..."

"But AJ Styles did that missle dropkick, he wins!"

"...the title's in abeyance.

What is the big deal?  If he makes it to the WWE they are only going to change his name anyway.  If he is good and deserves to be there then I wish him the best.  

Not sure how changing his name would help when everyone knows who he is anyway.

And he is pretty much the spitting image of Chris too.

What is the big deal?  If he makes it to the WWE they are only going to change his name anyway.  If he is good and deserves to be there then I wish him the best.  

Not sure how changing his name would help when everyone knows who he is anyway.

And he is pretty much the spitting image of Chris too.

I don't see why it matters. It's his life. Maybe he really likes wrestling. Maybe he's trying to work through some unresolved feelings about his father. Maybe it's one of a thousand other things. It just seems inappropriate to single him out for doing something that, while weird to some of us, isn't some sort of criminal profession or something. 

Don't want to do a little armchair psychoanalysis, but maybe if he's great at wrestling he can try and reclaim his last name from infamy and maybe that's what he's thinking. I don't mind that he's thinking about becoming a wrestler, though it is certainly a strange profession to go into considering circumstances. What worries me is how wrestlers and promoters will treat him. It's a delicate situation, and I don't think I can handle guys trying to get heat by talking about his daddy trading holds with Satan in hell.

It's all very odd and surreal, but I hope that regardless of what he does with his life, he succeeds at it. If anyone needs some good fortune it's the children left behind by this horrible tragedy.

• Like 1

I would never tell anyone how to live their life, but that doesn't change the fact that him getting into wrestling is, all things considered, a pretty bad idea. And it would be disingenuous of me to say "You go, kid! Live your dreams! Prove them all wrong!" because I do not see this ending well at all.

I accept this position wholeheartedly! This will be the top championship:

http://yfrog.com/mm7sccgj:medium

Will the title belt be given to the winner of the match, or will the result end with everyone saying "Well, AJ Styles did "technically" beat Bully Ray, but Bully Ray had better punches- so he wins..."

"But AJ Styles did that missle dropkick, he wins!"

"...the title's in abeyance.

As commissioner, I assure you that this type of silliness would never occour. The title changes hands in the ring folks.

I would hope that other wrestlers/promoters would try to look out for David. But you know shit in one hand.  

Even if they do, how are they supposed to stop the fans in the arena saying/chanting offensive things?

I would hope that other wrestlers/promoters would try to look out for David. But you know shit in one hand.  

Even if they do, how are they supposed to stop the fans in the arena saying/chanting offensive things?

He could just stay in Japan, right? No indy promos, no bullshit chants, etc. 

You know for all these statements about him never being signed by the WWE because of what happened to his Dad. Remember this is the same company that won't mention him on camera, but they'll sometimes sneak his finisher into matches as a subtle way of saying "He might have been a horrible monster, but we still care about him". 

Completely unrelated to Daniel Benoit, I was wondering recently if you could make a character who was basically a smark troll (Like moreso than Triple H), take someone who smart fans hate  and basically make his unspoken gimmick that he interrupts feuds the smart fans are into (Dolph-Bryan etc.) and 5 Star MOTYC type matches.  Would that draw the right kind of heat?  Because one of the problems WWE has is every time they have a top heel, they gradually get so over that the crowd just stops booing them and starts to like them (Has happened recently with Henry, Bryan, Ziggler, even, to an extent, the Shield and happens even more so in NXT with guys like Tyler Breeze getting better reactions than guys who are pushed as faces), so if you were able to push a guy whose entire purpose is to annoy the fans that end up turning these guys, would it result in good heat (Say, buying PPVs to see him get his comeuppance after ruining "good matches") or bad heat (Where they would just stop watching).  

Because that's exactly the gimmick I would give The Miz.  Have him interrupt various beloved wrestlers matches (Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, a newly-turned Shield) and hit his zenith by having his music play during the Wrestlemania main event (So he can brag to be the first wrestler to ever crash the Wrestlemania main event, whether it's true or not).

You think Sandow used the crossface as a call-out to Benoit? Hell, Cole called it "his (Cena's) move", which, while it proves that Cole can't tell the difference between a crossface and an STF, doesn't exactly scream "homage" either.

Shawn Micheals was using it three months after the murders. It was not a homage, but they were definitely trying to take ownership of the move. 

Really why do the move at all? "Taking ownership" doesn't sound like a good excuse. 

And it hasn't been just Shawn, and Sandow that have used it since the murders.

I believe Triple H used it at one point, too.  That was like the perfect storm of internet wrestling fan rage.

I hope if Bryan's trainer turns on him (HBK), his mentor (regal) shows up to even the odds.

This would lead to Regal coming out and giving his Eugene speech to HHH again. Only to eventually turn on Bryan and explain that he and HHH go way back, and that guys like them (Bryan/Regal) don't make it to the top because it isn't best for business. Then, when Bryan gets pissy about it, Regal drops the "do you think you're better than me, sunshine?", leading to the first ever six-star match.
  • Like 7

Completely unrelated to Daniel Benoit, I was wondering recently if you could make a character who was basically a smark troll (Like moreso than Triple H), take someone who smart fans hate and basically make his unspoken gimmick that he interrupts feuds the smart fans are into (Dolph-Bryan etc.) and 5 Star MOTYC type matches. Would that draw the right kind of heat? Because one of the problems WWE has is every time they have a top heel, they gradually get so over that the crowd just stops booing them and starts to like them (Has happened recently with Henry, Bryan, Ziggler, even, to an extent, the Shield and happens even more so in NXT with guys like Tyler Breeze getting better reactions than guys who are pushed as faces), so if you were able to push a guy whose entire purpose is to annoy the fans that end up turning these guys, would it result in good heat (Say, buying PPVs to see him get his comeuppance after ruining "good matches") or bad heat (Where they would just stop watching). Because that's exactly the gimmick I would give The Miz. Have him interrupt various beloved wrestlers matches (Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, a newly-turned Shield) and hit his zenith by having his music play during the Wrestlemania main event (So he can brag to be the first wrestler to ever crash the Wrestlemania main event, whether it's true or not).

They basically did this with Steven Richards starting the RTC.

Really why do the move at all? "Taking ownership" doesn't sound like a good excuse. 

Training the young fans who have no idea what we're talking about that the move is just a move. 

• Like 5