DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING CHIT CHAT THREAD

RIPPA

He was overshadowed by Above Average Mike Sanders, who was a hell of a shit-talker and pretty entertaining in the ring, too. 

Mike Sanders was like a much better version of what everyone's tried to do with Ken Anderson, but failed because Anderson lacks any sort of charisma.

If you had to choose right now, I'm curious who everyone thinks is going to win the Royal Rumble in January?

Bryan looks like the obvious choice after HIAC. I could see it being Punk too, since he's the other big name currently that hasn't won it. No way Cena gets it again. It's a chamber year for him.

I loved Vic Venom in the magazines. I always felt like he was telling some kind of crazy secret like Sid ate Owen's tuna sandwhich so they might be feuding soon.

Has there ever been a feud based on a premise like this?  If not, then why not?

Does Edge & Booker T. feuding over shampoo count?

GODDAMN IT I THOUGHT MATT MORGAN WAS MARK JINDRAK.

You see? I never confused Billy Gunn for anybody.

O RLY?

Posted Image

First of all, if one were to confuse anything it would be Dolph Ziggler for Billy Gunn, not the other way around. And two, I confuse Dolph Ziggler with no one also. We're very close.

Just don't let him know we're still close, because there's a restraining order and I'm not a great judge of distance. I mean how far is 500 feet? That's not something I can just eyeball.

• Like 1

I loved Vic Venom in the magazines. I always felt like he was telling some kind of crazy secret like Sid ate Owen's tuna sandwhich so they might be feuding soon.

Does Edge & Booker T. feuding over shampoo count?

Chris Jericho accidentally spilled coffee on Kane once.  That was the basis of a 2-3 month series.

Punk attacked Cena apparently for spilling Punk's Pepsi when he had that brief run of being the color commentator on RAW.

(Also, it was Hunter's dog, that Steph kept custody of, iirc.)

The only two things I remember about Mark Jindrak in WWE are that he teamed with Luther Reigns (remember him?) as Kurt Angle's enforcers, and that he had a match on Velocity with Doug Basham that was surprisingly good. Oh, and his knock-out punch finisher wasn't Big Show-level atrocious.

I thought it was Nathan Jones that was with Luther Reigns as apart of Kurt Angle's enforcers? I think you're messing with me.
Nathan Jones was part of Team Brock in 03.
Nathan Jones and Matt Morgan were Heymans muscle for awhile in the fall of 03. Speaking of guys whose WWE run you don't remember it's Nathan Jones.

Even worse, Jones had two "runs" in WWE, first as a heel and then later as a face, totally ignoring the first run.  And apart from the totally botched spin kick, I can't remember a single thing Jones did.  He did, however, have a shockingly good match against Scott Steiner on one of those WWA PPV's.

Man, remember the pump handle fad of the late 90's? That was weird.

Sitting out was all the rage in the early to mid aughts.

And they treated "sitting out" like it somehow made all moves more dangerous. My brother and I used to joke that the most dangerous indy move in the world would be a sit-out superkick... ON THE FLOOR!