DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

Who says bran can alter the past?  That was obviously meant to happen... Hodor wasnt cutting promos on anyone from season 1 on up, Hodor has always Hodor'ed.  Its 6am here, and ive had 5 hours of sleep since friday night/saturday morning, so excuse me if im not able to neil degrasse tyson some space/time shit.    I know there's a point I was trying to make, but I lost it....goddamn marijuana.

Like...maybe the voices rhaygon (I cant spell his fucking name right now, wtf?) Was hearing that was telling him to "burn them all"was the old raven dude trying to warn him how to defeat the white walkers, but it split his mind like how bran fucked hodors shit up...I dont think its that simple though.  

I think I should have left the last paragraph out. But fuckit im going to sleep, I just confused myself

I honestly wasn't sure, did Bran somehow possess Hodor in two different times at once, or did Hodor himself warg into his future self and save Bran, sacrificing decades of his life for one moment of saving the world?

I do highly disagree that it was said too many times, i thought it built beautifully to the tragic end. Hold the door

• Like 1

What is most unsettling to me is that i don't think Hodor was choosing to sacrifice himself.  He was terrified and I think wanted to run away but Bran was controlling his body.  He knew what was going to happen once the situation kicked in but he was trapped in a body being controlled by someone else while being fully aware of what was happening.

He may have died in a greater state of helpless panic than any other person on the show.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jingus said:

-Aside from the very end, this whole season has been one long string of babyface victories on a show which really doesn't do that sort of thing.  The only shocking deaths have been stuff like "Dornish royalty whose names you don't remember" and "Roose's wife and kid whose names you don't remember".  Otherwise, we've been getting a whole lot of long-awaited reunions and heroic badassery and Fuck Yeah moments... unless you're a direwolf, of course.  The direwolves are pretty much taking it right in the ass, here in season 6. 

I think they're giving us a sense of comfort before Ramsay absolutely fucks everybody up. It's going to be awful.

On a show where they kill babies and rape everybody, nothing gets to me more than killing the direwolves. They could have at least let Summer go out with a roar and not a whimper.

8 hours ago, Jingus said:

-Was that massive closeup of a dick in our face strictly necessary?  I mean, I recently marathoned through all of Oz for the first time, and even on THAT show I don't think we ever got THAT close an examination of someone's genitals.  Dude was practically teabagging the lens.  

Between that and Sansa talking about her rape, there was a lot of fan service (that I appreciated) going on here.

The biggest problem I have with time travel stuff is that with scenarios like this, it makes it seem like the future is already written. Willis doesn't become Hodor as a child without Bran travelling back to the past and Hodor hearing Meera from the future. I've seen some complain about how they didn't want time travel shit to rewrite the future, but that's not what we're seeing. Hodor sacrificing himself was very sad and tragic, but thinking about it deeper reveals a mess and I doubt B&W delve into how making one change in the past instantly creates a tangent universe that is different than the prime course of history. 

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

What is most unsettling to me is that i don't think Hodor was choosing to sacrifice himself.  He was terrified and I think wanted to run away but Bran was controlling his body.  He knew what was going to happen once the situation kicked in but he was trapped in a body being controlled by someone else while being fully aware of what was happening.

He may have died in a greater state of helpless panic than any other person on the show.

Also he wasn't just unwillingly sacrificed in the moment.

His entire adult life and normal existence was sacrificed 20 years ago.  Everything he could've been, not just what he actually was, was sacrificed for Bran.

And it seems Hodor got a terrifying glimpse of his future fate/helpless panic and possibly knew his destiny (and was mentally overwhelmed by it) all this time.

• Like 3

3ER, Summer, Hodor, and all(?) the COTF died just to cover Bran's escape.  Also, Jojen died just to get him there in the first place.

And in Hodor's case, he didn't just wreck his life at the end, he wrecked it all the way along.

If Bran doesn't learn how to use his powers for greater good/saving the world he's pretty much the biggest asshole in Westeros now (which takes some doing).

• Like 2

To be fair, he was a stable boy and Westeros isn't exactly known for its upwards mobility. He would've been a servant that spoke more than one word.

Jojen knew his fate before he left on the journey and chose to go anyway.

Did Ghost join Jon on his trip? Could we get three consecutive weeks of direwolf deaths? 

1 minute ago, Oyaji said:

To be fair, he was a stable boy and Westeros isn't exactly known for its upwards mobility. He would've been a servant that spoke more than one word.

Jojen knew his fate before he left on the journey and chose to go anyway.

Did Ghost join Jon on his trip? Could we get three consecutive weeks of direwolf deaths? 

Seems highly possible that Hodor with his mind would have wound up being in the northern army for the Robert's Rebellion, and basically the North's version of the Mountain.

Just now, piranesi said:

There's still time for zombie Hodor to get some good kills in. He's going to be something.

Oh fuck I didn't even think about that. Fuck

• Like 1

As someone who is invested in the Stark story line and sees everything else (except for Dany but I don't really care about her story arc) on the periphery, the direwolves dropping like flies is a real kick to the nuts. When Lady was killed and when the Red Wedding happened, those felt like huge moments. Rickon's dog was killed off camera and Summer died moments before the big Hodor death which overshadowed the direwolf death. I always imagined the direwolves possibly dying in the big battle at the end of the story... not going out with a whimper. I read that they are killing them off to save on the CGI budget. If that is the only reason,that fucking sucks. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

With the way his eyes cleared up at the end I almost got the feeling he was actually his old self.  A fleeting moment of clarity at the end of a 30+ year trance.

I'm beginning to agree with JT that the endgame of this story is the White Walkers obliterating everything.

Which is starting to make me uninvested in the show.

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I honestly wasn't sure, did Bran somehow possess Hodor in two different times at once, or did Hodor himself warg into his future self and save Bran, sacrificing decades of his life for one moment of saving the world?

I do highly disagree that it was said too many times, i thought it built beautifully to the tragic end. Hold the door

Bran warg'ed Hodor future/past in stereo

Here's a penis and some balls.  2 seconds later, guys, we know you had to see that, so here's some titties.

Some goddam unnessecary nudity this week.

'The actor Kevon Eldon' is my Ned Stark.  British comedy legend!

5 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Ser Duncan the Tall grew up a homeless beggar/ mugger in Flea Bottom and rose to be Lord Commander of the Kingsguard. And all he had to distinguish him from all the other poor boys was that he was seven feet tall... like Hodor (who is probably his illegitimate son; Ser Duncan's legitimate daughter almost certainly married Ser Selwyn Tarth, Brienne's Dad. He might be the Mountain and Hound's grandad too).

6 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

It will be interesting to see who Sir Friendzone runs into on his travels to find his cure.

"I'd like to become the first stone man politician. Y'see, I'd like to, but...I'm afraid..."

" I don't know what you're trying to say!"

"I'm saying... I'm saying I-I'm a stone man who dreamt he was a flesh man and loved it. But now the dream is over...and the stone man is awake.  I'm saying...I'll hurt you if you stay."

Your post made me go look him up and read the spoilers he dropped a few months ago.  It's kind of hilarious how out of touch he seemed with how fandom works nowadays that he thought he could say that much and somehow everyone wouldn't immediately know what he was talking about and wreck what was probably meant to be one of the big moments of the season.

That or he's just a goddamn scoundrel he delights in winding people up.

Either way it makes me like him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Here's a penis and some balls.  2 seconds later, guys, we know you had to see that, so here's some titties.

Some goddam unnessecary nudity this week.

'The actor Kevon Eldon' is my Ned Stark.  British comedy legend!

There was nothing unnecessary about fake Sansa's nudity. 

• Like 1

So, Euron wins the Kingsmoot, yet Yara  has the loyalty of the entire Iron Fleet,  so much so that they all leave without question with her at its command?  And somehow with the whole fleet leaving, there are enough men to build and man 1000 ships?

Do D&D even think about this shit anymore, or do they just write what seems cool?

• Like 2