Low Ki vs. John Morrison

La Sombra vs. New Day

Becky Lynch vs. Timothy Thatcher

King Cuerno vs. Lucha Dragons

Kimber Lee vs. Dave Mastiff

Mil Muertes vs. Briscoes

Emma vs. Marty Scurll

Pentagon Jr vs. Young Bucks

What Zack Sabre Jr. matches do I absolutely have to watch? There's no way in hell the Zack Sabre Jr. of 2-3 years ago was even in Virus' league, but I'd believe that in a year that Virus didn't have a ton of title matches, that he may have improved enough to be considered. 

Also, no negative Pentagon anything til he gets past the Bucks. I'm going to watch Pentagon vs Vampiro soon, so I'll be glad to talk him up, I'm sure.

I guess mainly, I need to be focused on the Brock Lesnar hit.

Reposting:

My issue with Brock is one of diminishing returns. I think the whole Suplex City thing goes entirely against what he should be doing and means less and less with each outing. We're in an age where the roster is injury-depleted, where I think every wrestler they have has to be a little worried about the new test that Bryan took, and Brock, who is such a force and so relatively well protected that he could get away doing almost anything or almost nothing, is going out there devaluing moves that are brutal as what anyone else on the roster does by throwing out a double digit amount of them per match.

The Summerslam match with Cena from 2014 made some sense in that regard as it had to be striking and unique, like nothing we'd ever seen, and absolutely devastating, but the point of pro wrestling is to accomplish as much as possible with as little as possible. The key to that is to make every single move mean as much as possible. When he's throwing suplexes around in the first minute of a match, there really can't be much of a sense of escalation, except for multiple F5s, which isn't any better. The matches are absolute spectacles at the time, but they hurt not just the rest of the card but subsequent Brock matches. That first match with Cena when he did it was striking. Nothing he's done since has lived up to that because every suplex he throws means less and less.

I think the best thing he did in the period was the first minute, or so, of brawling with Taker at Summerslam. If they had done another ten minutes or so of that before going to the suplexes, the match would have been so much better and it would have meant so much more when he started to utilize them. 

It's trainwreck pro wrestling so you can't look away, but it's got about as much poise and sense and pacing as a New Jack garbage match, maybe less. Brock has become a complete caricature of himself. That he's set himself up so that he literally cannot have good, compelling, matches with guys like Del Rio and Rusev without breaking the structure of the card is just a symptom to the bigger problem.

Someone try and counter that.

Just for double dipping sake - try to get a hold of Progress 19

Sabre wrestles Cimapa, Marty Scurll and and Ospreay in different matches

Oh and Evolve 47/48 would give you against Hero and Thatcher

So at least you are maximizing your viewing

• Like 1

Just for double dipping sake - try to get a hold of Progress 19

Sabre wrestles Cimapa, Marty Scurll and and Ospreay in different matches

Oh and Evolve 47/48 would give you against Hero and Thatcher

So at least you are maximizing your viewing

Thanks. I'll see what I can do. 

On the pick 'em front, after going 15-1 with the first half of the round, Natural fell back big time, going 8-8 in the second round and falling back to the pack. 26/32 is the best score so far.

On the other end, with 17/32, Jamie Walker would have been better off flipping a coin.

• Like 2

If I may attempt to poorly paraphrase Matt's Brock argument, Brock's lost his allure. Off the top of my head, his high point for me was when he did 37 running knees to Brazo Steamedham during the Rumble. His low point was when he just walked away after being eliminated. The Brock Lesnar they've built up wouldn't do that, but the Brock Lesnar they've built up can't really function or interact with other WWE Superstars because he's all murderdeathkill at any slight. So he had to just walk away because of the story they were trying to tell required him to. As a result, he really isn't special anymore.

If I may attempt to poorly paraphrase Matt's Brock argument, Brock's lost his allure. Off the top of my head, his high point for me was when he did 37 running knees to Brazo Steamedham during the Rumble. His low point was when he just walked away after being eliminated. The Brock Lesnar they've built up wouldn't do that, but the Brock Lesnar they've built up can't really function or interact with other WWE Superstars because he's all murderdeathkill at any slight. So he had to just walk away because of the story they were trying to tell required him to. As a result, he really isn't special anymore.

Apter mag Matt Brock?

On the pick 'em front, after going 15-1 with the first half of the round, Natural fell back big time, going 8-8 in the second round and falling back to the pack. 26/32 is the best score so far.On the other end, with 17/32, Jamie Walker would have been better off flipping a coin.

I am THE worst at this...

Mr 51%.

On the pick 'em front, after going 15-1 with the first half of the round, Natural fell back big time, going 8-8 in the second round and falling back to the pack. 26/32 is the best score so far.

On the other end, with 17/32, Jamie Walker would have been better off flipping a coin.

That's why I made the most of it as I knew it wasn't going to last lol.

Counter away. We can be pals in April.

He thinks gifs are called gifts

You two deserve each other.

If I get a top ten score and am the highest of the late votes can I be crowned the true champion of apathy or something?

Trying to figure out how the hell I ended up as #4 since I picked who I'd like to win in the pick 'em. Well that'll die soon anyway since I'm gonna start countering my own bracket in the next round (not spite voting, just didn't think through some votes enough).