DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] WELCOME TO MARCH MADNESS 2016 - ULTIMATE SURVIVAL

RIPPA

And two other things

A) Some of you have really short memories for how voting has gone around here the last few years

B.) Some of you have also forgotten the subtle art of pimpage. For example - There is a wrestler I now want to lose immediately thanks to the board. I don't think that was the intention of the folks championing a cause

• Like 1

Roderick Strong is actually by far my favorite wrestler of the past year. Have the people who hate him so much actually seen any of his matches (outside of ROH)?

Welp, through one match of viewing, I really don't like Isami Kodaka, Anyone have any thing that I should be watching from him?

vs. Konosuke Takeshita, vs. Yukio Sakaguchi, vs. Masa Takanashi

Hell, El Ray has put up all of there main event matches up in full on youtube themselves. If you can't find the time to watch the LU stuff, you are just being lazy.

A lot of the matches that matter (Muertes / Puma, Muertes / Fenix casket match) are on the Youtubes.

There is also a tribute compilation of Pentagon Jr's march to Ultimate Lucha on the crushed arm bones of his enemies on the Youtubes.

I just encourage everyone to watch as many of everyone's matches as possible and make informed decisions.  I have new found love for Timothy Thatcher and dat elbow drop.

And two other things

A) Some of you have really short memories for how voting has gone around here the last few years

B.) Some of you have also forgotten the subtle art of pimpage. For example - There is a wrestler I now want to lose immediately thanks to the board. I don't think that was the intention of the folks championing a cause

Subtle!

mZ7Z8O.gif

But we all knew Ziggler was going out round one

And two other things

Good credit is over rated

Not to Bassett Furniture, man.   If I don't buy some counter length chairs for the kitchen pretty soon, I will be sleeping in the garage. 

We still only have a futon in the loft and folding chairs on the terrace.   Thank God I work in VA so I don't have to hear about it every night.

Counter length chairs? I just hope you can afford an XBox One by the time the new Power Puff Girls game comes out, Sally.

And two other things

tumblr_inline_o29euiMmqm1t9ufjt_500.gif

• Like 2

Roderick Strong is actually by far my favorite wrestler of the past year. Have the people who hate him so much actually seen any of his matches (outside of ROH)?

Welp, through one match of viewing, I really don't like Isami Kodaka, Anyone have any thing that I should be watching from him?

The Masa Takanashi one was the one that made me really dislike Isami Kodaka. Not a good sign?

The Masa Takanashi one was the one that made me really dislike Isami Kodaka. Not a good sign?

Try the Takeshita one at least. I liked the Takanashi match, too, but that one was definitely better.

So, offering opinions here:

Roderick is not beating Brock Lesnar. MM isn't as WWE-centric as it used to be, but that's still not happening.

The biggest surprise to me when filling out my bracket with what I think will happen is somehow Corbin ended up in the elite eight.

And I don't even mean that as a slight on Corbin at all.

Man, I think Corbin doesn't even get past Kenny Omega, who probably had his least "God this guy just annoys teh fuck out of me" year" Even further, you would have him getting past Meiko and Thatcher, and I don't see that.

Well, again, what I think will happen. As in, "I watch NXT, who are these losers?"

I love NXT as much as anyone, and I'm not voting for him over Omega (and I also don't consider that a slight on Corbin.)

While Pentagon is my favorite, Fenix is the Lucha Underground star that actually should get to the end, but the cut-off being before this Wednesday isn't gonna help him or Cuerno at all.

But we can't really post Fenix vs Sydal from BOLA on here legally, either.

While Pentagon is my favorite, Fenix is the Lucha Underground star that actually should get to the end, but the cut-off being before this Wednesday isn't gonna help him or Cuerno at all.

Ok, ok, peace offering. I like Fenix too. Let me find a Fenix gif...

hmm...

Ok, how about this?

wpnp7w.gif

I guess it's more of a cameo. 

• Like 1

Honestly, my main thoughts on LU is that it's seemed to raise Fenix's stock the most. I was hearing about Pentagon being badass before he ever showed up, Muertes has had really cool points in his career, we knew what Ricochet could do, etc. But Fenix? When he first showed up the word was that he had some impressive spots but wasn't really a good wrestler. But he was consistently good until we got to Grave Consequences, and it kinda changed the entire outlook on him as a performer. He's just been consistently great in that setting. 

In all seriousness, with the exception of 1/2 of Mundo's work (his rudo stuff is so much better than his tecnico), all of the Lucha Underground people who made it in to the tournament really do deserve to be there, and really, they could have expanded further into the field. I saw the atomicos match from episode 35 in the last twenty-four hours and that was a blast, with some of those guys not even in this. That sort of spot-heavy multi-man style isn't usually my thing, but they generally do a very good job with it and past some frustrations (and Sexy Star vs Pentagon was a big one because Pentagon deserved better), I think that most people who like the structure and pacing and build of NXT would like Lucha Underground too because despite what some people might think, both utilize the advantages that some of the better territory studio TV had. It's like if someone mixed the best parts of 2009 WWECW and 80s Memphis storytelling, though with more done through high-quality vignettes as opposed to Dave Brown/Lance Russell interviews. It's a lot of fun and people should be watching it.