DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-4-16

MGFanJay

Is anyone keeping track of how many surprise debuts/returns Jericho had in his career? He must hold some kind of record.

Something like

1. Surprise Debut (August 1999 - August 2005)

2. Save_Us Return (November 2007 - September 2010)

3. Punk feud Return (January 2012 - August 2012)

4. Surprise Return (January 2013 - July 2013)

5. Wyatt feud Return (June 2014 - September 2014)

6. Highlight Reel Appearances (November 2014 - December 2014)

7. Reigns & Ambrose Mystery Partner (September 2015)

8. Surprise Return (January 2016-)

I thought his 2013 return was a fun little run

Do they use Armstrong as a ref usually these days or do they just cart him out twice a year when they need a heel one?

Just the heel ref now I think.

• Like 1

Bo should be the leader of the jobber cult. Slater, Axel, and Rose should all be his Bo-lievers. Curtis Axel and Adam Rose should be the tag team of the group, just so we can call them Axel Rose.

That just reminded me of how disappointed I am that Curtis Axel and Mick Foley never teamed in a Beverly Hills Cop gimmick.

• Like 1

The Jobber Cult should have a constant power struggle among the four members. One week Bo tries to make them all Bo-lievers. The next week Heath tries to make them a fake rock band. Adam Rose tries to get them to tell bad jokes. Axel makes them dress up like 80's wrestlers.

The Jobber Cult should have a constant power struggle among the four members. One week Bo tries to make them all Bo-lievers. The next week Heath tries to make them a fake rock band. Adam Rose tries to get them to tell bad jokes. Axel makes them dress up like 80's wrestlers.

I believe Stevie Ray tried to do the same with the nWo B-team and make them all yaks, putting them in dresses and making them sit down to pee.

• Like 2

I believe Stevie Ray tried to do the same with the nWo B-team and make them all yaks, putting them in dresses and making them sit down to pee.

Do NOT google "Horace Hogan dress sit down to pee"

• Like 1

Axel should make them dress like his dad, and try to do things perfectly after watching the Mr. Perfect vignettes. Of course, it all fails miserably.

They should become a Knights of Ren style cult worshipping Ziggler as the jobber who managed to hold the belt for like two days.

They could have his old stupid heel shirt in a glass case and instead of doing promos they would just bump wildly on the ramp and then lay their shoulders down.

• Like 3

I really hope they don't have HHH win the Rumble. Or Reigns for that matter. I kind of want their deal far away from the title and this is as good a chance as any to do that.

I almost want to see Triple H win the rumble just to see certain portions of the internet cheer and other portions explode. It would be like the wrestling version of the whole Marvel Civil War thing.

They really have backed themselves into a corner with this because Reigns now has to start at number one right and presumably go the distance (unless he gets "taken out" so he can get in a breather for 20 minutes on the floor). Either way I see it as the rumble coming down to Reigns, Brock, Cena, maybe Bray (they like to get our hopes up) and one random midcarder in the give someone hope spot.

Only option I see is either Roman wins in some sort of miracle or the McMahon's make a deal with the devil/Heyman and back Brock and Brock destroys Roman and wins the Rumble setting up for the rematch at Mania.

But part of me does want to see Triple H eliminate Roman just to get his revenge.

The only credible heel they have left besides the whole roster is HHH, hence the Rumble stip. Which tells me that's the only way this ends with Trips winning the belt and rematch at Mania. 

If the crowd cheers HHH winning, I am afraid it officially becomes the "Rumble Tradition" of the crowd going opposite. 

They really have backed themselves into a corner with this because Reigns now has to start at number one right and presumably go the distance (unless he gets "taken out" so he can get in a breather for 20 minutes on the floor). Either way I see it as the rumble coming down to Reigns, Brock, Cena, maybe Bray (they like to get our hopes up) and one random midcarder in the give someone hope spot.

Did they say he's coming in at #1? I thought Show announced he was coming in at #1 but I only skim recaps nowadays.

The Rumble winner getting the title shot is such a big part of the Road to Wrestlemania that it just feels odd to do something else.  Granted I know they've re-worked that several times, but this just portends some massive clusterfuck that is likely to get rebooked on the fly depending on audience response.  So the winner gets the belt and then there is A.) no one who has a guaranteed title shot at the rumble and B.) a champion who isn't necessarily guaranteed to be champion come mania time. 

Reigns winning again sounds like a terrible idea that will go over like a fart in a subway, so maybe he is in the last couple of guys and gets eliminated due to authority fuckery leading to him taking on HHH at mania with the belt out of the picture.  That leaves Brock winning the obvious choice, but who do they build up as a credible opponent for him and how?  Cena's obviously going to be back, but hopefully they'll set up a match with some newer guy or a match with Taker, which would probably be the best use for Taker.  I'm hoping they do the NXT battle royale with the winner getting a Rumble spot which leads to Samoa Joe getting a good showing, or maybe even starting a program with a debuting AJ Styles (one eliminates the other or some such).

What if Taker was in the Rumble and won it?

I bet it's on the table, at least in theory.  It could have an interesting twist--Roman's blood enemy Bray Wyatt kidnapped Taker to consume his soul.  Let's say Bray managed to take some of it. Roman beats Taker at WM and somehow inherits some of the Deadman's powers.  In 2017,  they wage a new feud with Bray being shocked to find that Roman can shoot lightning from his Superman fist or something otherwise crazy.

It's my booking, and I'll fantasize if I want to, be goofy if I want to, be a mark if I want to. . .

• Like 1

Did they say he's coming in at #1? I thought Show announced he was coming in at #1 but I only skim recaps nowadays.

Big Show said he's the first entrant, not the #1. As in first guy announced for the match.