DVDVR Message Board

Raw 8-3-15

MGFanJay

I don't think that the plan has ever changed from Reigns being the man, just delayed is all. Looking at how much his ringwork has improved and his mic work (on the occasions where he doesn't have to recite awkwardly-written promos) he's there now. Last year with DB's popularity and the backlash against his status as "the chosen one" would have been too early and would have failed miserably. Now it's not a Roman or Daniel thing, DB is done for all practical purposes; it's a clear field where they can start the build of the new ace and finish up at WrestleMania with Reigns (a.) beating Brock, (b.) taking the strap, or (c.) both!

It's as if the WWE may have known that Daniel Bryan has a history of severe injuries and might not be able to physically hold up to the demands of being the face of the company. Especially since they invested one whole year in his chase of the title, had him win it in the biggest way imaginable, only to see him end up on the shelf without a run defending the title.

Now that it's Title for Title in their match at SummerSlam, I don't see how Cena doesn't win. Perhaps then setting up Reigns to be the man to beat Cena in the lead-up to WrestleMania, perhaps at Survivor Series or the Royal Rumble, leading to the Reigns/Brock rematch for the title at Mania.

Summerslam is the anti WM and is where faces go to die so of course Cena will drop his belt to Rollins so he can either J-Crown it or the bookers can retire the belt.

Taker will get his win back because Taker is Taker.

I don't think that the plan has ever changed from Reigns being the man, just delayed is all. Looking at how much his ringwork has improved and his mic work (on the occasions where he doesn't have to recite awkwardly-written promos) he's there now. Last year with DB's popularity and the backlash against his status as "the chosen one" would have been too early and would have failed miserably. Now it's not a Roman or Daniel thing, DB is done for all practical purposes; it's a clear field where they can start the build of the new ace and finish up at WrestleMania with Reigns (a.) beating Brock, (b.) taking the strap, or (c.) both!

It's as if the WWE may have known that Daniel Bryan has a history of severe injuries and might not be able to physically hold up to the demands of being the face of the company.

So they stuck him in a multi-man ladder match.

• Like 1

It's as if the WWE may have known that Daniel Bryan has a history of severe injuries and might not be able to physically hold up to the demands of being the face of the company.

So they stuck him in a multi-man ladder match.

Where he didn't take one dangerous bump. 

• Like 1

Pretty good show. All the main things were well done.

I felt robbed that I didn't get to see Seth Rollins vs Torito, though.

Had Brock cost Rollins the title to Torito via run-in shenanigans, I would have lost my shit.

I was really excited about an El Torito vs Seth Rollins match and then Neville came out and I stopped paying attention.

And Heyman's promo buried Taker so hard I can't see how it doesn't lead to Taker winning at SummerSlam which is really stupid.

I can just imagine Vince crying with laughter when the chair got stuck to Owens.

Miz was gold throughout that segment.

I need a figurine version of Brock standing on the steps asap, in fact, it should be the new slammy award template.

I hope they fight outside of the arena, Brock F-5s Undertaker on the ground, then digs a giant hole, tosses Taker in and buries him and this time no hand comes up out of the ground. The end.

• Like 2

I hope they fight outside of the arena, Brock F-5s Undertaker on the ground, then digs a giant hole, tosses Taker in and buries him and this time no hand comes up out of the ground. The end.

Hand comes up, Heyman sprays liquid nitrogen on it and Brock shatters it with one stomp.  Then stomps a few more times, just to be sure.

• Like 1

As much as I don't like the name - if they make a shirt with TAP in greek letters on it - I will buy it

They'd need a kick ass Latin motto. too..

At first I thought up

"Sic Semper Jabronius"

as simple obvious parody.  But then I wanted to wander into Listamania, so I started looking up Latin Mottos that might work

"Qvae nocent docent"

And started riffing on them

"Pulchritudo Est Potentia"

"Melius Te"

And then I had way too much fun with Google Translate and went off the deep end:

"Qui est omnibus melior nos? Nemo!"

"Heja, id effodiamus!"

"patet responsio a te putas, quaestiones mutamus"

"Quid acturo? Cum mania effusior licentia tui?"

"Noli credere Anguis"

"Regnabit, oportet vincere regem"

I had to fudge a little to accommodate modern slang but these have me giggling way too much.  I'm sure you can figure them out.