DVDVR Message Board

Raw 7-13-15

MGFanJay

Rusev is surprisingly sympathetic for such a stoic dude. I was watching UpUpDownDown with him in their SFIV tournament and he was just quiet as hell, but every time he talked, he was funny. He beat a dude trying to super him and, while everyone else in the room was going nuts, deadpanned a subtly sarcastic "I jumped over your super move" to his opponent. He's really funny, though in a quiet way. In the ring, though, he has that ability to sell so nicely and build sympathy for him. He's got massive personality and is a legit great worker at this point, IMO. Dude is a massive star unless they don't want him to be, I really believe that.

Cesaro isn't a good mic worker, but he has so much physical charisma that it doesn't matter. I feel like physical charisma is really undervalued by Vince McMahon if you look at what he seems to like in his stars. They should just put Zeb or someone with Cesaro to cut the promos and let Cesaro handle the rest. Another star if only they let him be one. 

• Like 2

Rusev's selling in the mini-match with Cena was so great, and I also liked how when the no-longer-triple-threat match called for him to get caught on the top rope by Cesaro, the crowd had happened to start chanting about Lana, and he opportunistically acted like that was what had got inside his head and distracted him up there

I would have liked if Cena wasn't so gung ho to fight Rusev after the match. Maybe show some of that John Cena sympathy and be like "we can do this on Smackdown" and Rusev could have been all "I DONT NEED YOUR AMERICAN CHARITY...WE DO THIS NOW".

Rusev still is one of the best faces they have, especially after last night.

And yes I laughed like mad when Rusev called Owens a stupid French American. Technically true if he considers all of North America to be whole. Would be hilarious the next time they're in Mexico and he rips on the crowd for being a bunch of stupid Americans.

I'm almost sure now that Owens will lose on Sunday and then they'll probably do a 4-Way at Summerslam where Owens can win the title without having to pin Cena.

I actually think Owens wins and moves immediately into a three way feud with Rusev and Cesaro. The way things have been booked so far makes me think they fully understand that someone should beat Cena clean (or at least "clean") for the title, especially since both Cesaro and Rusev have been on the verge of pinning him/making him submit before Owens interference the past two weeks.

Your version is definitely easier to reconcile with the history of WWE booking, of course.

I would have liked if Cena wasn't so gung ho to fight Rusev after the match. Maybe show some of that John Cena sympathy and be like "we can do this on Smackdown" and Rusev could have been all "I DONT NEED YOUR AMERICAN CHARITY...WE DO THIS NOW".

Considering that the Authority made the triple threat and the stip that they have the title match right after, I doubt Cena would've been allowed to do something like that.

You think Seth is gonna have the belt past Sunday, that's cute.

I don't think he wins the match outright.  I do think he keeps the belt, somehow.

Of course, if he does, that could mean a Kane-Rollins title program.   Ugh.

• Like 1

I was skeptical about this being the way they were going to debut Sasha & Charlotte but I think it turned out well and the segment ended up pretty awesome. I didn't expect to see Becky debut too and absolutely loved that. Perfect and the one logical backup for Paige. If we can't have Saraya Knight, at least we get 2/3s of the Knight Dynasty from 2011 Shimmer. Charlotte can make some sense there so I'm glad they didn't just have Sasha randomly come up as a face with her. Thought all three came off well and will certainly be the highlights of the division as they were in NXT. I do hope Nikki breaks the record but am expecting her not to with the more they bring it up. Excited for the matches upcoming and hope they get lengthy trios tags on the regular.

Triple threat was awesome as was Rusev's pre match mic work with Owens. Really liked the somewhat sudden finish of Rusev landing a last minute superkick and scoring the pin off it, felt like it reached a point where both guys were exhausted and Rusev hit the one last big move to win it.

I would really like to see Cena drop the title on Sunday, and after elevating the US division, decides to elevate the tag division.  I would 100% love to see a Cena/Orton super-team taking on New Day over several months (I expect ND to get the titles back this Sunday).

Best under-discussed moment of last night has to be Orton standing behind Sheamus mocking his thumbs down thing before RKOing him.

Dave:

Raw on Monday did 3.54 million viewers, the second lowest number in the last 17 years not on a holiday or during football season

Blame put on women in 4..3..2..1

Nah, that's impossible. Stephanie McMahon introduced them and we all know Stephanie McmMahon equals ratings.

Must have been that awful Cesaro/Owens/Rusev/Cena segment.

On July 4th, an Irishman won a Championship match while overseas (Finn Balor).

On July 11th, an Irishman won a Championship match while overseas (Conor McGregor).

On July 19th... Sheamus still has that MitB briefcase y'know. Might keep the streak going.

You know for a company that isn't pushing me, I don't think I'm volunteering to take a suplex to the outside apron.... 

They laid out it weird because Rusev was set up like an underdog face.  Even if they had Cesaro go over and drop the pin and be the frustrated underdog who can't get a break but whatever.