DVDVR Message Board

Money in the Bank VI

Dolfan in NYC

Holy crap, and I just realized.  An openly gay man now holds a WWE Championship.  

Congratulations to Darren Young.  It's a good LGBT Pride month indeed. 

• Like 5

Holy crap, and I just realized.  An openly gay man now holds a WWE Championship.  

Congratulations to Darren Young.  It's a good LGBT Pride month indeed. 

You mean unlike the closet gay man that held the first ever IC title?  

• Like 3

Paige's spot calling surpassed Cena and reached Sid levels of don't give a fuck that I'm exposing the business. That match did nothing for me, and once again they had enough time to do something good.

Holy crap, and I just realized. An openly gay man now holds a WWE Championship.

Congratulations to Darren Young. It's a good LGBT Pride month indeed.

Well, closeted is the opposite of open, so...very?

• Like 2

Holy crap, and I just realized. An openly gay man now holds a WWE Championship.

Congratulations to Darren Young. It's a good LGBT Pride month indeed.

He did say "openly".

I enjoyed the MITB match ok enough. It was a nice showcase for Reigns. I'm fine him not winning it. There were some interesting directions they could have gone, but none that probably wouldn't have seen the audience crap on him again. Reigns' rehabilitation is still an ongoing thing. I think he needs just  little more time. I see Sheamus either losing his title match or losing the briefcase.

Women's match was solid. I didn't hate the finish though they really need to give up on this twin magic bullshit. The Bellas are just way too different now. Nikki is an entire size or two bigger now than Brie body wise, and they have been way too lazy not even having Brie dye her damn hair to make it the least bit believable.

Ryback/Show was just kind of there. I was disappointed as they had a great bomb throwing match a year or two ago on Raw.

Cena/Owens II was great. I'm not entirely sure it was better than the first match though I kind of prefer it if only for Cena going for some new shit that feels crazy for a guy like him. I thought it helped push how dangerous Cena saw Owens as. I also loved the utter shock from Cena during Owens' big kickout moments. The post match stuff was great as well. Owens laugh added a whole other layer of psycho to him.

New Day vs. Prime Time Players was ok, but too short and in a terrible spot. I'm honestly disappointed this was the PTP's big title win as it feels like they deserved something bigger.

Ambrose/Rollins was too long, but had good moments. The finish was just damn stupid. They should have just had Seth take the belt after the last powerbomb. Really wish Ambrose won here as I don't see much else in Seth as champ other than being killed by Brock. I guess the idea was to make Seth stronger for said match.

4.  Roman Reigns vs Bray Wyatt was something two years ago we were dying to see.  Now it is a complete time waste of a feud for reigns.  Tells you how far Bray has slipped

It was terrible two years and exposed both guys as not being singles ready at the time. Their last match actually was good and sort of has me interested in a feud.

Watched Owens/Cena and I feel like this match might be ripped apart if it were done by two different guys in a different company. ;)

It was fun for the atmosphere and the wow factor of Cena attempting new moves. Their next match needs to be brawl, though.

• Like 1

The Reigns-Wyatt feud can get interesting if Bray pushes so hard, Roman taps into his dark side/absorbs some of Bray's juju/whatever and becomes a beatdown machine, and essentially turning heel.  They've been hinting at Roman getting darker with his moveset already.  We'll see if this is the final push toward that.

• Like 1

Rollins just isn't very good at making his movez mean something. He's easily the 3rd most charismatic of the Shield alum. and with every week that passes I have less of an idea of what HH sees in him to make him think "that's the guy." Just a black hole of interest.

Sheamus is garbage. Pasty, spiky garbage.

Thought it was too soon to take the belts off of the New Day. I'm wondering if the fact that Woods was pinned will have any significance moving forward.

Cena/Owens was dope. Crowd seemed into it.

• Like 1

Rollins just isn't very good at making his movez mean something. He's easily the 3rd most charismatic of the Shield alum. and with every week that passes I have less of an idea of what HHH sees in him to make him think "that's the guy."

I'm more sold on Rollins than you, but I understand your POV.  Just how many times did he scream HOW YOU GONNA CLIMB WITH ONE LEG?  YOU PIECE OF CRAP!  Like geez, say something else. 

• Like 1

Ambrose has lost all but 2 of his singles ppv matches with one win being over Harper and the other being a dq win. He has lost every feud he's been in decisively, and is still a top 3 most over baby face in the company. When he isn't doing movez Seth Rollins is boring as shit. His reign has done nothing but devalue the belt to the point Cena is working guys a majority of the main roster audience doesn't even know, and is blowing Rollins out of the water.

Good show. R-Truth rules. Liked the MITB. Orton's RKOs were a highlight. Wyatt/Reigns feels like a test for Reigns to see if he can drag something good out of that. Then again, they just wrestled on Raw two weeks ago but it feels like every other Bray feud, started for no reason that will have no point throughout and ultimately end up meaningless.

Loved Nikki/Paige in the longest divas title match ever. Felt like a twist on the Dusty Finish after Paige said she'd be doing it for Dusty. Thought both worked hard throughout and everything looked good. I hope Nikki breaks the longest reign record but still doubting that she'll make it another 90 days.

Ryback/Show was enjoyable while it lasted, a quick five minutes. Figured the feud would continue. I'd guess Miz is in to take the fall next month then they can do Ryback/Show blowoff at Summerslam. Hoping for a good reign from Ryback.

Cena/Owens was amazing. As it got started, I didn't think they'd match the first match but I ended up loving it just as much. Felt a big emphasis on Cena busting out all the new moves. Especially dug the Code Red, as it looked like things were gonna go wrong but they held on and made it work. The crowd was just cheering the match in general at points even without any chants. Came off like a big deal and an earned victory when Cena won. Great match/series/feud.

Shocked to see PTP win the titles, especially so quickly after the long matches New Day had with Cesaro & Kidd. Definitely seemed to come out of nowhere as I figured the New Day were in for a long run. Guessing the PTP will feud with Harper & Rowan soon.

Thought the main event was really enjoyable. Didn't expect them to get that much time at all. Loved Ambrose always coming back for more, it at least added some intrigue to what going in seemed like an obvious outcome. The finish was rather anti-climatic but I liked that they somewhat protected Ambrose even if the goal was more to make Rollins strong, or at least stronger than he's been booked as champ thus far.

Looking like I'm in the minority, as I loved the main event. Possibly one of my favorite ladder matches of all time, mainly because to me it felt more like a streetfight that happened to have ladder match stipulations. I loved Rollins targeting the leg early on, and also loved Rollins leaving Ambrose for dead out in the aisleway and the crowd to try to sneak getting up the ladder with Ambrose somewhere further away. I got really sucked into the storyline of Rollins basically realizing that he would need to kill Ambrose in order to escape with his championship. Finish was a little screwy but it played great into Triple H motivating Rollins to be a real champion and find a way to do it on his own, which he ended up doing.

• Like 1

Happy Prime Time Players are back together. I wouldn't have split the team when they did. I prefer the New Day to still have them. Hopefully Harper/Rowan will get the Tag Team Championship they should have had already.

Reigns vs. Wyatt could be a Buried Alive match with Wyatt getting built up only to lose when it matters against John Cena, The Undertaker and Reigns.

OK.....here we go.

Only glanced at the pre-show for a minute. I guess R-Truth was on for a minute.

The Dusty tribute was very well done. My allergies must have kicked up for a minute or two...

The MItB was a thing. I generally don't like this sort of match. This one did nothing to change my mind. It was there. I don't hate Reigns or Bray as much as some so I don't mind seeing what they do here as both guys need something. They both have potential in my book. Mind you, as I'm a cable cutter, I don't watch Raw at all so I won't be subject to the craptastic fuckery that could follow from here. Sheamus eh? I've always ignored him. I reckon I will continue that trend.

Ryback and Show...ok, throw a bomb or two. Fine. Then Miz was involved and I realized that a Ryback/Show/Miz program makes me even happier I don't have the ability to watch Raw.

I don't watch the main roster women's matches. This one was no different. I literally left the room.

Cena/Owens II was another fantastic match. Did it look like (as another poster earlier label it) the PWG match ever? Maybe. However, I enjoyed the shit out of it. Are there still folks out there that want to pretend Cena can't work? 2015-putting-dudes-over-Cena is an awesome Cena. Owens is a heel. Not a "cool heel," not a "chicken shit heel," just a heel. I missed heels in wrestling. Good to see a real one.

The tag title match was fun. A lousy place in the card and they had a tough act to follow. Not a classic but not a suck-fest by any means.

The main was looooooong. SOOOOOO LOOOOOONG! Look, I'm an AJPW/70's NWA guy so I love a long match when it's done right. This one was easily 10 minutes too much. When they went out of the ring I realized that the WWE hired all of the camera crew from Cloverfield. The match itself wasn't bad but Rollins is the main roster version of Finn Balor; a super athletic dude with ZERO reason for me to care about what he does. Tyler Black was more interesting than Seth Rollins. I like Ambrose and I'd like to see him a get a run. He reminds me of a 21st century version of Terry Funk.

Overall not a terrible show.

• Like 1

Haven't watched the show yet.

Divas' Title goals right now:  a) Nikki beats AJ's record.  b) Put it on Charlotte the instant they think she's ready.

Hopefully the Tag Title loss will add an edge to New Day.

Will probably skim over the show later today.

WWE on referees counting pinfalls: "Treat it as a shoot! We don't want you to look bad by holding up a count- the referee's integrity must be preserved!"

WWE on last night's Divas finish: "...blugh? Something something integrity? Fuck it, we'll do it live!"

Seriously, way to make your officials look like complete blithering idiots.

There was a whole mess of cat dander in the room during the Dusty tribute. Which is weird, because we don't even own a cat.

Loved the visual of Seth's walk of shame past everyone who was leaving him out to dry for the main. I actually didn't mind the finish- it was a bit screwy but not nearly as big a cluster as it could've been. Seth gets elevated for finally doing it all by himself and Ambrose gets elevated for going through all that horrific abuse and still having a shot to win at the very end. I can dig it.

DVDVR ‏@D_V_D_V_R  14h14 hours ago
Is it wrong that the thing I am most looking forward to tonight is that I will earn XBox One achievements while watching the PPV?

Just for the record - if they air a Dusty Rhodes tribute video, it is a lock I will cry.

I love Renee but it really looks like she got dressed in the dark

I don't think Neville's shirt could have been any tighter. I wonder what it is like to be that confident in your own body.

Best Rebound Superstar? Saxton is just a speak 'n' spell at this point.

I still don't understand why Rollins wants that hideous monstrosity back

DVDVR ‏@D_V_D_V_R  13h13 hours ago
In case you were wondering - the moment I lost it was the clips of the Rhodes boys inducting Dusty. The rest was a blur.

And Renee completely losing it just started the process all over again...

I think at this point - the WWE would sooner acknowledge Sandow winning the briefcase than Punk

There is something wonderful about Sandow & Axel being in their full MetaPowers garb during the 10 Bell Salute. Dusty would have LOVED that.

Columbus loves Randy Orton. Columbus is stupid.

For the length of time Reigns has been down - maybe Kane should start calling that Chokeslam '15

Hey Columbus - you can't celebrate Reigns not winning and then boo Sheamus winning

I think most of us have watched long enough to totally believe that the WWE refs are that stupid that they would miss Twin Magic

Lawler: "I think all women secretly despise each other!" #bitchesbecrazy #amirightguys - Pete

DVDVR ‏@D_V_D_V_R  12h12 hours ago
Paige from the John Cena school of spot calling

Brie stuffing her chest is amazing

The Ref not calling a DQ in that is actually worse than not spotting Twin Magic

Okay Brie pointing out the tattoos in her nether region was even better than the bra padding.

Aww... I thought Ryback was bringing back the Stump Puller. Now I am sad

Somehow Jericho looks like a bigger douche than the rapper who is going to be on RAW tomorrow

Pop for the THE CENA THE sign. - Pete

INDY MOVE CENA is awesome. - Pete

Again - what the fuck is people's problem with Cena?

DID CENA JUST DO THE FUCKING CANADIAN DESTROYER?!?!??! WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!?!?!?!

If Sasha Banks didn't exist - John Cena would be the best wrestler in the world right now

They are going to do an Ironman match and I am going to love every second of it.

The way this commercial is cut - it's like they want people to buy Brock's penis tattoo

DVDVR ‏@D_V_D_V_R  11h11 hours ago
Safe Home Dusty... Safe Home

I love all these guys but they have to follow the Cena/Owens match AND the Dusty tribute.

POUNCE! PERIOD~!

YES!!! IT IS TOTALLY THE WRONG DECISION BUT PTP ARE TAG CHAMPS!!!!

It so will be a one day reign but I don't fucking care.

So when do they concede that their talking point about looking after their talent is complete horseshit? - Pete

DVDVR ‏@D_V_D_V_R  10h10 hours ago
Or you could- you know- go for the belt instead of doing all this. - Pete