DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Sting 3-16-15

MGFanJay

This was an awesome Raw, but the absolute best part was Sting jumping out of his boots and bringing the bat up when Randy Orton hit the mat for his taunt. It was like he just assumed he was about to get turned on for no reason.

I appreciate the character evolution

Like Lemmy said, Evolution is a mystery.

• Like 1

This Reigns promo needs a slow jam backbeat.

"I wanna talk to someone special now who can't be here wit me.  I know you ain't here with me now, Baby, but I just want you to know that am waitin' for you an' you on mah mind an' ah can't wait to put mah hands all over you sweaty self."

• Like 1

I guess I don't see what's wrong with that divas match. It wasn't memorable and AJ still wrestles like she rather be doing something else, but did like the end with both Bellas dropping Paige and AJ back to back. Tho why is Hossy Bella bumping around for little AJ? The parts of the match that got a good reaction was when Nikki was in control and AJ found a way to weasel out of the move. It can't be that hard to book, can it?

I didn't think it was THAT bad either.  And I said two weeks ago that I thought AJ was the worst of the "worker" divas (i.e. not the ones that get paid to stand around, flirt with hosts, dance)  which was the biggest flaw with the match.  She's just not very...good.  Any other combination of the Bellas or Paige would result in a much better match.  I kinda thought this was WWE saying "Ok, you want to give divas a chance, here's your chance" to AJ.

• Like 2

And really, they've done a good job getting the strong-strike thing with Nikki over. That's rare for average sized Divas.

Chyna, Beth Phoenix, Victoria, etc were huge by comparison. But the only thing on par with Nikki's forearm is the Chick Kick.

I I enjoyed the cheers for Roman managing to drown out the Bryan chants.

Yeah, because the same production crew that made several front row fans change their attire is above muting crowd reaction that is unfavorable to their golden boy.

That Larry video and seeing him as "Crusher Larry Zybysko" in the Dangerous Alliance recently made me actually want to watch Larry matches; what should I check out?

The tag title match vs dustin and steamboat

First thing I noticed on RAW was the five or so guys in the front row all dressed up as former WWF wrestlers: Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair, IRS and I think Paul Bearer & maybe a Hogan.

After the first segment, they were wearing WWE branded shirts and not dressed up anymore.

How much you want to bet during commercial they made those guys take off their costumes?

EDIT: YUP

https://twitter.com/Laufered/status/577635506306994176

That Larry video and seeing him as "Crusher Larry Zybysko" in the Dangerous Alliance recently made me actually want to watch Larry matches; what should I check out?

The tag title match vs dustin and steamboat
FTR, it was The Cruncher. As in him crunching Barry Windham's hand in a car door.

First thing I noticed on RAW was the five or so guys in the front row all dressed up as former WWF wrestlers: Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair, IRS and I think Paul Bearer & maybe a Hogan.

After the first segment, they were wearing WWE branded shirts and not dressed up anymore.

How much you want to bet during commercial they made those guys take off their costumes?

What the... What do WWE even get out of that?

There's another guy on Reddit in the thread about this, for as reliable as that's worth, whom said this:

I was at the show tonight, I had two Daniel Bryan signs with me I made, they said as I walked in "you can't take the signs in, we've got enough Bryan signs in tonight", and made me leave my signs.

Of course, no idea on the validity of it, it is Reddit after all, but it's not like I would put something like that past WWE at this point.

I can't remember if it was at the Rumble or Fastlane, but there were two guys dressed up like Money, Inc right behind the commentary table.  I didn't notice them that much till the end of the show so I'm not sure if they were there the whole time, but obviously no one had made them leave.  People dressing up as their favorite wrestlers has always been an integral part of the live experience, I don't see why they'd try and keep people from doing it.

• Like 1

Right before Cena's big MURICA! FREE SPEECH! promo, no less. Tone deaf much?

Dug Larry's video, especially his spectacular 80s hair period. He looked like an SNL sketch waiting to happen.

Apparently for ebbie, a Bellas match needs to descend to rarely-reached Trish/Bradshaw vs. Gayda/Nowinski level before it's worthy of criticism.

Yeah, I just don't see what's so fucking terrible about the Bellas.

Brie keeps things simple so shit doesn't get fucked up and has intensity in her matches. She bumps pretty good and doesn't spam out her moveset. If she's in there with greener than fresh shit divas, she doesn't have to worry about botches and shit because she isn't going to try to break their necks doing shit they can't do. She doesn't have much charisma, but if she was a dude, she'd be a good mid card jobber who gets the occasional win.

Nikki is trying to hard to get the heel heat in her matches, but it's better than just going from spot to spot to spot like most of the divas, especially AJ, do. But Nikki will knock someone the fuck out and can be quite hurty when she wants to. Her matches may not have a lot of flow and she's totally a spot monkey.

I know they are former models and are fucking top stars, but they do deserve credit for the shit they do. Brie does suicide dives better than Dean: where's her fucking cookie at?

• Like 3

What the... What do WWE even get out of that?

Why do I feel there's more to the story