DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Sting 3-16-15

MGFanJay

If you want me to be perfectly honest, I don't really feel much one way or the other about WWE happenings.  It's been pretty clearly established that the people I like aren't important and I shouldn't consider them as such.  I honestly don't care one way or the other about any of the Mania match outcomes because I have no real emotional investments in the characters or storylines.  I would have trouble explaining why I still watch, other than force of habit.  The in-ring content is really good, but it takes away from things when there's no real desire to see a particular outcome.  I tend to fast-forward through most Raw/SD promo segments nowadays.

• Like 2

And, you know what, I'll accept that some of this apathy is on me.  I watch a LOT of wrestling nowadays and there are other places where I can watch enjoyable wrestling.  If you like it, good for you.  It's just not for me.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Cena fans aren't complaining because their guy got a 10 year run on top, and 15 world title runs. Just a slight difference from the treatment Bryan has gotten.

If Bryan had been given Cena's run, Bryan fans would still be bitching about how heels were allowed to clown the shit out of him without him firing back.

no offense, but this is forever one of the stupidest things people say regarding the whole situation.

Only it's kinda weird in that Reigns isn't as good as Cena in 2005/2006 and I don't think he's going to get any better until they start putting him with bad guys of this day and age.

Reigns is better than Cena 05 and probably early 06. Like Cena did, Reigns will grow taking on better opponents in singles over time.

nowhere near and even if that was true, the crowds aren't responding accordingly. cena's matches with angle, big show, benoit and undertaker are all far better than any singles match reigns has ever had, including the match with bryan. 

Well, he's not a heel.

Yet.

He spent a good portion of the past two Wrestlemania seasons trying to get a title shot he didn't earn. This year Reigns was gonna tell Hunter to fuck off until Bryan basically called him a coward. Bryan is a greedy sneaky heel.

i know you're just trolling now but bryan quite clearly deserved the shot last year considering the storyline became how the authority specifically kept him out of the rumble, presumably out of fear of him winning it. this year he had no play on the shot, which is why the whole thing made both guys look so terrible and killed a lot of bryan's momentum - exactly as it was meant to do. 

Obviously the ship has sailed, but I was wondering if they could've built to the match by having Lana use Rusev's award as a weapon. Like if she went after Cena's eye with it while he was locked into the STF.

• Like 1

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Cena fans aren't complaining because their guy got a 10 year run on top, and 15 world title runs. Just a slight difference from the treatment Bryan has gotten.

If Bryan had been given Cena's run, Bryan fans would still be bitching about how heels were allowed to clown the shit out of him without him firing back.

no offense, but this is forever one of the stupidest things people say regarding the whole situation.

Except that it's not given the scenario put forth and the way Bryan fans react to anything negatively said about the character.

Well, he's not a heel.

Yet.

He spent a good portion of the past two Wrestlemania seasons trying to get a title shot he didn't earn. This year Reigns was gonna tell Hunter to fuck off until Bryan basically called him a coward. Bryan is a greedy sneaky heel.

i know you're just trolling now but bryan quite clearly deserved the shot last year considering the storyline became how the authority specifically kept him out of the rumble, presumably out of fear of him winning it. this year he had no play on the shot, which is why the whole thing made both guys look so terrible and killed a lot of bryan's momentum - exactly as it was meant to do. 

Was Daniel Bryan ever listed as being an entrant in the 2014 Royal Rumble? I don't believe he was.

Did the fans boo Rey Mysterio for drawing number 30 because they thought it wasn't fair he should get a late entry like that? Or because they'd been waiting for Bryan to enter all match long, and that was the moment when they realised he wouldn't be.

He wasn't announced as specifically not being in the rumble match either. And generally, everyone who's even slightly over is in the Rumble, whether or not they worked the undercard.

Well, he's not a heel.

Yet.

Was it the Authority that kept him out of the match or the fact that he ate two Sister Abigails including one into the barricade? Even if the Authority kept him out, it would've been more for his own health, not just because they didn't want him to win it (even then they didn't want Batista to win it either at the time). Face it, Daniel Bryan is a whiny heel who is a face because people like to say "Yes!" and "No!"

D-Bry's #1 fan's argument was that the AUTHORITY kept him out of the Rumble on purpose. That wasn't an angle at all. He wasn't announced for the Rumble, and then wasn't in the Rumble.

I like Bryan a lot, but his fans on the message boards make me want to see Sheamus beat him in 18 seconds again just to see them all lose their shit.

• Like 1

So if Bryan's a heel, and Cena's a heel, does that mean Rusev is actually the most over babyface in the company?

I love how this has turned into Bryan fans always being entitled dicks and that they should just shut up and take what the E gives them. Take your Batista/Orton main event from last year that clearly everyone was dying for and be fucking happy!

How dare you actually express how you think the booking of the company is fucking retarded! You've never booked, so you should have no say in the matter!

• Like 11

The angle, after the rumble, was how Bryan was left out of the match, yes. He interrupted Stephanie and Triple H the next night talking about he had came to them often saying how he wanted to be in the match but they said no, their argument being that they didn't want him wrestling twice. He then, correctly, pointed out that they had made him have 2 or 3 matches often in the last year. The idea was quite obviously that the authority had done a number on Bryan and didn't want him in the match. 

I know a lot of people on here like to play anti-smark but this is just absurd. It was clear why he was getting the shot once they were in damage-limitation mode. 

• Like 1

Greggulator, on 18 Mar 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

I'm trying not to post in wrestling threads but I can't resist. But can you imagine the reaction if Cena ate two Sister Abigails and then came back to win the Rumble?

It would probably be less of an uproar than when Cena dismantled the entire Wyatt family single handedly.

I love how this has turned into Bryan fans always being entitled dicks and that they should just shut up and take what the E gives them. Take your Batista/Orton main event from last year that clearly everyone was dying for and be fucking happy!

How dare you actually express how you think the booking of the company is fucking retarded! You've never booked, so you should have no say in the matter!

Seriously, some of these comments are really confusing.  I'm not going to be happy with something that I obviously dislike.  I was at the 14 rumble, everyone in the stands the entire damn match was talking about when Bryan would make a surprise entrance.  You cannot tell me that there are more than a handful of people in the fanbase that outright like Reigns more than Bryan.  They don't have to give the fans what they want, but really they should or at least pacify us.  

This Mania honestly feels like HHH might just be letting vince book whatever.  I'm only saying that considering the article with HHH and Steph where they changed the plans last year to put Bryan in.  HHH and Steph seemed high on Bryan in that article and knew pushing him at Mania was 'best for business'.  This years Mania is completely different though.  the once a year viewers at my mania party will not be happy Bryan is not in the title match, one dude even asked me already if he still had the belt.  

Lots of random thoughts there, sorry

• Like 1

D-Bry's #1 fan's argument was that the AUTHORITY kept him out of the Rumble on purpose. That wasn't an angle at all. He wasn't announced for the Rumble, and then wasn't in the Rumble.

I like Bryan a lot, but his fans on the message boards make me want to see Sheamus beat him in 18 seconds again just to see them all lose their shit.

how very unique an opinion. I'm all for that too, to be honest, it would probably get him over even more and pretty much destroy whatever show it was happening at. But I guess when the show is so bad you have to find enjoyment in annoying other fans. 

how very unique an opinion. I'm all for that too, to be honest, it would probably get him over even more and pretty much destroy whatever show it was happening at. But I guess when the show is so bad you have to find enjoyment in annoying other fans. 

This post right here is where you lose all credibility.  You've asked us to give reasons/opinions why we see this a certain way.  We give them to you in a rational, polite tone.  Instead of agreeing to disagree, you go into 'you just want to annoy us, I hope everyone but my favorite fails, that'll show them!' mode. 

If you can't see the correlation between that mindset and why SOME of us find SOME Bryan fans irritating, then there's not much more to say on the topic.  We won't see eye to eye, and it is what it is.

Bryan is a cool guy, both in and out of the ring.  But he's not the only one.  But again, SOME of his fans have--IMO--become overinvested and are determined to avenge him  in some grand fairytale where they slay the evil Vince McMahon and Authority when Bryan doesn't even seem to be avenging himself right now.

Most of us like Bryan, appreciate him.  But he's not the be all and end all for us.  And that's OKAY.   If that is unacceptable for some of you, then it just is.  None of us are going to change our minds because the other is screaming "Change your mind!"

Maybe some of us just enjoy the carny aspect of it all.  What's wrong with that?

No one is telling you or anyone else what to like.  I would hope you extend the same courtesy to those who don't agree with you.

• Like 1

This post right here is where you lose all credibility.  You've asked us to give reasons/opinions why we see this a certain way.  We give them to you in a rational, polite tone.  Instead of agreeing to disagree, you go into 'you just want to annoy us, I hope everyone but my favorite fails, that'll show them!' mode. 

If you can't see the correlation between that mindset and why SOME of us find SOME Bryan fans irritating, then there's not much more to say on the topic.  We won't see eye to eye, and it is what it is.

Bryan is a cool guy, both in and out of the ring.  But he's not the only one.  But again, SOME of his fans have--IMO--become overinvested and are determined to avenge him  in some grand fairytale where they slay the evil Vince McMahon and Authority when Bryan doesn't even seem to be avenging himself right now.

Most of us like Bryan, appreciate him.  But he's not the be all and end all for us.  And that's OKAY.   If that is unacceptable for some of you, then it just is.  None of us are going to change our minds because the other is screaming "Change your mind!"

Maybe some of us just enjoy the carny aspect of it all.  What's wrong with that?

No one is telling you or anyone else what to like.  I would hope you extend the same courtesy to those who don't agree with you.

dude, i was replying to a guy who said he hoped sheamus would beat bryan in 18 seconds again haha. where's your problem with that? clearly my post was in jest in reply to that; i don't think his was. 

but no, don't worry about credibility. there's things we're debating here that aren't even debatable, like the utterly asinine comment that Bryan is actually a heel, which is clearly just trolling or dumb, take your pick. 

you also seem to think i have a lot more invested in this than i do, so i'll be clear: i actually have more fun talking about this stuff than actually watching the show, which i rarely do these days, so don't mistake me posting a lot here for me being really stressed or upset by this. i find it interesting, and i find it interesting that so many people here are taking what, to me, seems like a very pro-roman reigns stance and anti-bryan stance. we can make all sorts of "if bryan/cena/reigns did this, imagine how everyone would have reacted" or switch people around or compare fanbases. i think the facts are simple: bryan is the most popular guy and is being treated like anything but. do you agree with that?