DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Sting 3-16-15

MGFanJay

Opening heel promo stuff went on too long and set up a goofy Orton promo. Nikki beat AJ in a bad match, but looked amazing in doing so. Henry-Roman hype vid led to nothing. Ryback beat Miz in another nothing match, but this time, Miz attacked Mizdow afterwards. THUS ENDS HOUR ONE. Rusev and his new, super-fake Russian lawyer were amazing. The accent was among the worst you'll ever hear and was buried by Booker and Cena, while Rusev said WW FASTLANE! Team Factual Friendship beat the New Day, but bumped for the bull. AMAZING inset promo by the champs though. Brock was AMAZING with this promo. Oh my God it was great!

Then Show killed Rowan, BUT IT'S OKAY - IT WASN'T A MATCH. Awesome Larry HOF vid. That was the best HOF video this year - they covered his whole career and if you didn't see it, you got a sense for how good he was in the WWF, WCW, the AWA, NWA, on commentary, and on promos. 6-Being Interspecies Tag Match? Why couldn't WWE get more money for their rights deal again?

So that's the first two hours. Hour three begins with a Heyman promo. It was amazing, and then Roman came out and said words too. Has Roman's name been changed to Daniel Bryan? If so, he's getting over huge! IC Champ jobbed again in another 6-man, but left with the belt. Young Bucks signs was behind Harper when he confronted Truth. Steph cut Seth's balls off. Then HHH did, and then Steph did it again. WWE'S FUTURE IS BRIGHT!

Recap of Cena-Rusev and Taker-Bray. BRAY'S PROMOS ARE NOT WHAT I NEED WHEN I'M TRYING TO STAY AWAY AT NEARLY 11 PM! Loved loved loved loved Sting running wild. That may very well be the peak of Sting in WWE.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/03/wwe-raw-3-16-15.html

Screens - 

0dc774397686003.jpg

Vogue
5ae9cb397682997.jpg

a98fe8397683050.jpg

86367c397683077.jpg 

bf19cc397679145.jpg

5a0340397672539.jpg

bc4682397672947.jpg

1a479f397680038.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/15jj87oc4aazmbgiwndy1lq1i6d1erqf

Sting is awesome.  The six man tag was real good.  Loved the Brock interview too.  I'm gonna fuck Roman Reigns up.

Where is Lana though and will she return at Mania. Hopefully she doesn't turn face.

I believe she's doing a movie.

Seth is a moronic villain. Wouldn't it had made more sense to start the match with Orton, let The Authority come out, let them linger with uncertain ties and then suddenly attack Orton?

Also, why is Sting randomly in Des Moines, Iowa?

Exactly didn't Orton at that the start of the show say he expected Seth to have the odds in his favor, but if it was the only way to get him at mania he would wrestle him in the main event?

Sting is awesome.  The six man tag was real good.  Loved the Brock interview too.  I'm gonna fuck Roman Reigns up.

Where is Lana though and will she return at Mania. Hopefully she doesn't turn face.

Lana returned to Russia to help find Putin.

• Like 2

if someone can give me an explanation of the lawyer's accent it would be great.  At first it was Russian then took a turn to Texas and all of the sudden turned into Jimminy Click (Martin Short character).  Even Russev was like "what the fuck is this"

Someone needs a gif of Jack Swagger's elimination in that joke of a battle royal tonight.   Eva Marie would laugh at how gentle it was.  

Roman Reigns has been cutting some really good promos lately.  Well great by the standards of 2 or 3 months ago.   I have to think that Heyman is helping him

I have no idea why they feel the need to have Bill Simmons and Snoop Dogg on the RAW before WM.   This Wrestlemania needs a build up badly and doing comedy schtick or a JBL vs Simmons angle isn't it

Seth is a moronic villain. Wouldn't it had made more sense to start the match with Orton, let The Authority come out, let them linger with uncertain ties and then suddenly attack Orton?

Also, why is Sting randomly in Des Moines, Iowa?

Wherever there is injustice.

Wherever those with power oppress the powerless.

Wherever the trust of good men is betrayed

What the hell? Undertaker can summon lightning and Sting can't be in Iowa?

• Like 3

Brock Lesnar is fucking awesome. Vince should give him a blank check. Seriously.

Orton turning on Sting would have stayed loyal to the established Sting character of 25 years or so. It is going to suck, though, when Sting jobs to HHH.

I feel like I could watch Ambrose vs Stardust for 60 minutes easily, and I hope that is the feud we get coming out of Mania.

If you hated that RAW you have no soul. Scanty match-wise, but really great angles. Rusev's lawyer was fantastic, I went into 2015 think Rusev was overpushed, now I'm convinced he's the best guy on the roster.

And for a second or two, I couldn't help but think Randy was going to turn on Sting, just cause it's Sting. Sting looks like he's really been in the gym, I'm not dreading that match nearly as much as I was a couple weeks ago.

• Like 1

Above average show, tonight. Enjoyed the hell out of the six-man chaos, and can't wait to see what happens when they introduce a ladder into the mix. 

Is it just me, or is Jamie Noble kind of turning up his accent some? I don't ever recall him being that twangy, even during the "hillbilly wins the lottery" storyline with Nidia.

And speaking of accents, Rusev's attorney had the worse Russian accent since Nikita Koloff. I loved JBL and Booker burying the guy. 

• Like 1

I'm watching this now and Rollins just gave the best look when Noble called himself the "secret weapon of the authority."

Oh, god, now Mercury is weeping in Big Show's arms.  Should I stop watching now because that may be the two greatest moments of 2015 so far.

• Like 2

I liked tonight's show a lot. Roman's promo was really good, that shirt is absolute ass though, and the Brock interview was beautifully done. I enjoyed the cheers for Roman managing to drown out the Bryan chants. I still feel like Heyman's been cutting the same promo for a month now. Roman isn't there yet but he's getting better every single week on television and I'm enjoying watching his progress. I hope like hell he surprises people at Mania,  I'm really rooting for him to pull this off

Rusev's lawyer was so so soooo bad and he looked like a coke dealer, Lana's stock and value went up exponentially tonight by virtue of doing big American picture show. Seriously where the fuck did they find that guy? He was terrible, completely and utterly terrible.

Sting still manages to turn me into a little kid, I marked out huge for him tonight and cannot wait until Mania. I half expected Orton to turn on him in a total WTF moment as it was Sting but was glad that Orton left the ring and Cole just gave Sting the mic and let him do his promo by himself.

The worst part of the show was the Divas getting 11 minutes because the show was clearly running short. I hope the people who tweeted give divas a chance are happy with themselves for getting WWE to subject their viewing audience to that hellscape. Even more insane is the people on my timeline saying how great that match was. The NXT girls can go 10 minutes and in some cases significantly longer, AJ and Nikki Bella cannot.

I also figured out why I hate Rollins' promos so much, he delivers them like a whiny Cody Rhodes when he was doing the Doctor Doom gimmick.

Rusev BROUGHT it tonight in that promo.

Heyman BROUGHT it tonight in his promo.

Brock BROUGHT it tonight in his promo.

Suddenly, Wrestlemania doesn't look so bad.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that Rusev's lawyer was doing that terrible accent on purpose. It was a good way to make sure that Rusev didn't draw any sympathy heat after Cena attacked him last week. People might feel sorry for beautiful bombshell, but no way they feel sorry for Rusev with that tool. I wouldn't mind him being with Rusev for a while.

This was an awesome Raw, but the absolute best part was Sting jumping out of his boots and bringing the bat up when Randy Orton hit the mat for his taunt. It was like he just assumed he was about to get turned on for no reason.

• Like 3