DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Random thought: This could just be me, but I want to see if Sasha can get something decent out of Dana Brooke. I don't want a TakeOver special match between them, but a ten-minute match on NXT. 

I don't see any way on Earth Balor loses in Tokyo. Him losing really would be one of the most stupefying and mind boggling booking decisions in some time.

'How they arrive at him winning, I'm not sure, but it would be spectacularly dumb if he didn't.

So you think they'll book Balor to lose, right? 

Random thought: This could just be me, but I want to see if Sasha can get something decent out of Dana Brooke. I don't want a TakeOver special match between them, but a ten-minute match on NXT. 

I'd love to see Sasha call that match.  Over/under on the number of times she quietly whispers through gritted teeth "stop flexing and rubbing your armpit!"

I don't see any way on Earth Balor loses in Tokyo. Him losing really would be one of the most stupefying and mind boggling booking decisions in some time.

'How they arrive at him winning, I'm not sure, but it would be spectacularly dumb if he didn't.

So you think they'll book Balor to lose, right?

Him losing would be TNA stupid not WWE stupid. He probably will after I said all that but if would be WWE going full TNA.

Is Big Cass the most protected worker besides Owens? His tag team with Enzo is predicated on the fact that once Zo tags in Cass, the other team's gonna get their ass kicked and Cass is good enough of a friend to let Zo get the win.

Maybe at the moment, simply because of the formula all their matches use, but Cass did a lot of jobs when Enzo was injured so I doubt they're intentionally protecting him.

I do think there's been an uptick in how Cass has been portrayed. This feud with Blake and Murphy, in particular, with them making a conscious effort ot keep Enzo from tagging out, has done a lot to establish Cass as a guy who will just tear off and whip ass...

Also there was a singles match with Big Cass against Blake at the NXT Columbus show that was taped for TV he looked rather dominate but shenanigans with Murphy and Carmella cost him the match. Looking through his match history, I was surprised to see that he has a win over Neville. Also he has early losses to Big E, Bray Wyatt (as Husky Harris), and Roman Reigns (As Leakee). Also his first tag partner was Rusev. And now I want to live in a world where Rusev/Cass team up with Lana and Enzo as their managers. Maybe that's how they get Rusev as a babyface on the main roster, have Enzo and Cass take a liking to him and bring him to New York City to teach him how to be a Certified G

And now I want to live in a world where Rusev/Cass team up with Lana and Enzo as their managers. Maybe that's how they get Rusev as a babyface on the main roster, have Enzo and Cass take a liking to him and bring him to New York City to teach him how to be a Certified G

But you can't teach that.

• Like 14

And now I want to live in a world where Rusev/Cass team up with Lana and Enzo as their managers. Maybe that's how they get Rusev as a babyface on the main roster, have Enzo and Cass take a liking to him and bring him to New York City to teach him how to be a Certified G

But you can't teach that.

You can't teach that, but you can take Rusev to get his New York state G certification exams, which stands to reason, if you can't teach 'dat, there is mostly just paperwork and the written test isn't that hard to deal with. 

It might be harder to make Rusev a bonafide stud since there is no exam for that, however.

• Like 1

It's obvious they have a lot invested in Balor, but him as NXT champ does nothing for me. I don't see any interesting heels lined up for him either.

Rhino.

Balor as babyface champ until Hideo is healthy: then it's revealed Balor injured Hideo to steal his big moment in Tokyo.

• Like 4

in the dark match for NXT TV tapings tonght it is Uhaa Nation (not sure what they are calling him) vs Johnny Gargano of all people.  I know he was one of the people in the last tryout so hopefully he gets a chance.  

Surprising if it was- I thought the line going around from the last tryout is he was the biggest name to really flame out in the exercises with questions about his cardio.

Am I mistaken, or did they give away the outcome of the Tokyo main event by referring to Owens as NXT champion?

They didn't The last show he appears on airs before 7/4.

Tonight's tapings were good but the injury bug has really hit NXT hard. Bayley and Becky are apparently injured along with Hideo(out 3-4 more months) and Sami(out till next year). 

The big thing of the night was the build up to Finn/Owens on 7/4. Hideo was doing a interview when Owens interrupted. Hideo called him a bad guy and Owens was going to attack him when Finn made the save. Then Rhino attacked Finn which lead to the main event of week 1. Finn beat Rhino after Owens interference backfired. Owens/Rhyno attacked Finn and Joe made the save. This lead to the main event of week two where Finn/Joe beat Owens/Rhyno in a good match with a great finishing sequence. Finn beat Owens after Rhyno gored Owens on accident..

Lots of ladies matches on the tapings. Dana and Emma both had two matches. Dana beat KC on week 1, Emma beat Carmella on week 2. Sasha and Charlotte beat Dana and Emma on week three. After the match, Charlotte said she aggreed to team with Sasha after Sasha promised her a title match. I guess this was taped backstage. Sasha beat Charlotte in the main event of week 4 in a awesome match. Best match of the night. It really seemed like this was Charlotte's goodbye to NXT but they've done this before so who knows? Sasha is a babyface now and I'm guessing will feud with Dana and Emma.

Other matches during the tapings were really filler. The Hype Bros(Mojo and Zach) beat Dawkins/Fulton. Vaudevillans beat Enzo/Cas to become number 1 contenders for the tag titles. They have new music that isn't very good. Jason Jordan finnally found his tag team partner in Chad Gable. Chad is really good and over already. The finish to the match needs to be seen to believed. Samoa Joe beat Axel Tischer in a somewhat surprising competitive squash match. Axel got more offense than I thought he would

Biggest news of the night is Eva Marie has her NXT debut this time around at the next tapings on July 18th. Between her and Dana Brooke, no other act in NXT gets bigger heat than those two.

• Like 1

in the dark match for NXT TV tapings tonght it is Uhaa Nation (not sure what they are calling him) vs Johnny Gargano of all people.  I know he was one of the people in the last tryout so hopefully he gets a chance.  

Surprising if it was- I thought the line going around from the last tryout is he was the biggest name to really flame out in the exercises with questions about his cardio.

Do we really need to spoilertag this?

Surely Gargano appearing at the NXT taping has something to do with the WWE/Evolve deal we were talking about last week, right? Has anything new come out about that?

Really? Hasn't he had some pretty long matches in DGUSA/EVOLVE without apparent difficulty?

I hope there is some good explanation on why Sasha and Charlotte are facing Emma & Dana because Sasha Banks as a babyface is a horrible idea right now in my opinion.

Oh if I should stop the spoiler tags let me know   :unsure:

Maybe both Sasha and Charlotte are getting called up and this is their curtain call before leaving.