DVDVR Message Board

2015 RING OF HONOR DISCUSSION THREAD

Fun show is week.

-Ferrara (and his weird Abe Lincoln beard) vs BJ vs Moose vs Caprice was all right.  I can't tell if BJ is a really good heel because I don't wanna see him win, or if I don't wanna see him win because I don't like his wrestling.  For some reason, I really dig the Moose entrance with everyone, including his manager, chanting 'Moose'.  Also really dug the Moose tope.

-Cole vs ACH was pretty silly booking to set up a future tag match (I guess)

-Addiction-Red Dragon (No, I'm not spelling it that way) was pretty fun, though if you're a stickler for the rules, you're gonna wonder why they didn't just book this as a Texas Tornado or No DQ match because the last 5 or so minutes is basically all four guys in the ring.  I'm not a huge fan of O'Reilly, in all honesty.  If Daniels had discovered this character he's playing now about ten-fifteen years ago, he probably would have ended up in WWE at some point.  Liked the KRD reveal at the end.  I never knew ROH had to blur out blood.  Weird.  Especially since I DVRed the show at like 1am.

Boy, did I love that KES-War Machine match.  Just four big dudes beating the tar out of each other.

Lethal-Ciampa was good, too, but not as good.  The frequent commercial breaks kinda break up the momentum.  I like Dijak's smirk, reminds me of Chris Masters' persona.  Ciampa's post-match antics was actually way better than anything in the match, in all honesty.

• Like 1

I was surprised that they showed Davey Boy Smith Jr has been in the business since 1993 but since they have no issues with guys under 16 wrestling in Canada I probably shouldn't

The problem with the match is that Ciampa was kind of wrestling like he knew his time in ROH was finished.  Lots of comedy stuff which is kind of against his character

Yeah Killer Elite Squad vs War Machine was just 4 guys beating the piss out of each other.  It was sloppy quite a few times but so hard hitting.  

I was surprised that they showed Davey Boy Smith Jr has been in the business since 1993 but since they have no issues with guys under 16 wrestling in Canada I probably shouldn't

Per his wiki page, he started training at 8 with his dad, Uncle Bruce Hart and, er...Chris Benoit.  Same page says he teamed with Teddy Hart against Tyson Kidd and another guy who's name I don't recognize at a WWE House Show when he was 11!

The problem with the match is that Ciampa was kind of wrestling like he knew his time in ROH was finished.  Lots of comedy stuff which is kind of against his character

It might be against his character.  But, man the beatdown of the ref followed by him doing streamer angels was so good!

Boy, did I love that KES-War Machine match.  Just four big dudes beating the tar out of each other.

Lethal-Ciampa was good, too, but not as good.  The frequent commercial breaks kinda break up the momentum.  I like Dijak's smirk, reminds me of Chris Masters' persona.  Ciampa's post-match antics was actually way better than anything in the match, in all honesty.

Yeah that tag match was fn awesome!  All 4 were laying it in, that's the most hard hitting match i've seen in ROH in a while.  Loved it as well!

No idea whwere he's going with it, maybe just a  random goofy thing, but I like Ciampa's mask

Ciampa_zps3rxcjwfc.png

I know he's going for some sort of Grim Reaper thing but he looks like MF Doom, Dark Lord Of The Sith.

• Like 4

That was the stupidest match....like why was O'Reilly even wrestling with staples in his head?  Especially when Fish is right there and could have wrestled for him instead, with O'Reilly doing the run-in.  He would really risk permanently disfiguring his face for a throw away match on ROH TV vs Sabin?  *smh*

I've only watched the first 5 minutes of the latest show so far but for fuck's sake what is up with this O'Reilly vs Sabin match?  When Sabin DDT'd him on the steeeeel grate, I thought that was it and this would be just an angle, not a match.  But instead we get Kyle, already injured, getting up from that and working a match.  Fucking stupid.

I'm up for all kinds of indytastic unrealistic nonsense buy this was too much.

I was hoping that Sabin attacking Kyle from behind would prevent me from watching a Chris Sabin match. Unfortunately I was very disappointed.

Six-man main event was all kinds of fun though. Not a big fan of ACH, or even "Reborn" Matt Sydal (that just means he gets to smoke all the weed he wants now, right?), but liked the story that ACH finally wins a big match he's entered in.

As the youngest and most inexperienced wrestler in that match, ACH more than held his own. Perfect story too...finally gets a win in a big match, and goes on to face Swagasuke this weekend.