DVDVR Message Board

APRIL WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin at WrestleMania 13 gets my vote as the best finish in the history of WrestleMania. The two others, Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart at WrestleMania X and The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XXV.

• Like 3

Hard to top a dude covered in blood passing out from the pain/blood loss, refusing to quit.

Wanted to paraphrase my take on this, without the chintzy FTFY vibe:

"Hard to top a dude trapped in his mortal enemy's submission finisher, refusing to quit, almost powering out of it in a last ditch effort to get back to destroying said enemy, then passing out from pain, blood loss, fatigue, who then, in defeat, becomes a hero."

You would think a Straight Edge cat vacationing in New Orleans would a akin to a vegetarian vacationing at the National Barbecue Championships.

Nah man, you can be straight edge and love jazz and tits...

Twit: Did you ever consider MMA earlier in your career?

Trips: No, while I like it and respect what they do, sometimes the story lines are silly.

Twit: Who is the outsider to win the Andre the Giant Battle Royal?

Trips: Keep your eye on @TrueKofi

• Like 1

I tuned into the live stream just as they were wrapping up HHH/Brock from last year, and I realized I had no idea what was coming up next.  Sat through the HoF hoopla, the XXX venue announcement, and the attendance still having no idea where in the show I was.  Cena comes out and I couldn't recall who his opponent was, Rocky comes out and as I was trying to figure out where the WWE title match had been on the card, Rock holds it up.

I had absolutely no memory of last year's Wrestlemania main event.  I *think* I went to sleep after the Punk/Undertaker entrances because I knew how everything was going to play out.  (For whatever reason I actually thought Punk had a chance of breaking the streak, but being third from the top blew that idea out of the water.)

• Like 1

"Mikey Whiplash"

Didn't work too hard on that name, did he?

Neither did his tag partner Yoshihiro Bajiri or their manager Slim Mitchell.

Oh man that cracked me up, but I'm out of likes.  Bajiri had a sick feud with Super Hazy.

Then they tagged and took on Rob Van Gram and Fabu

I so want fan art of these two.  RVD with more weed and a sparkly Sabu.

To be fair to Mr Whiplash, he was probably named by Brian Dixon at All-Star. As a UK Fan, you know when you see his name that you're getting a decent, experienced worker so that's probably why he sticks with it.

Twit: Did you ever consider MMA earlier in your career?

Trips: No, while I like it and respect what they do, sometimes the story lines are silly.

Twit: Who is the outsider to win the Andre the Giant Battle Royal?

Trips: Keep your eye on @TrueKofi

I've just realised: Kofi needs to come up with 2 non-elimination spots a year now.

Punk's just in New Orleans to get The Ultimate Warrior's autograph.

Unfortunately, for Punk to join the pantheon of mortals that have acquired the mark of the Warrior, he will have to recite, in alphabetical order, all of the gods that have bestowed their power into the blood that flows through the veins of The Ultimate Warrior.

• Like 2

Punk's just in New Orleans to get The Ultimate Warrior's autograph.

Unfortunately, for Punk to join the pantheon of mortals that have acquired the mark of the Warrior, he will have to recite, in alphabetical order, all of the gods that have bestowed their power into the blood that flows through the veins of The Ultimate Warrior.

Well, let's see...

Anadrol, Deca-Durabolin, Depo-Testosterone, Dianabol, Oxandrin, Winstrol.

What do I win?

• Like 13

I was going to make a "reclaiming" sort of note for Mania 20 with Natural, since it was probably the key moment of our community as fans and it's gone for us now, but it was in the middle of march madness and we were all just having too much fun so I said screw it.

I was going to make a "reclaiming" sort of note for Mania 20 with Natural, since it was probably the key moment of our community as fans and it's gone for us now, but it was in the middle of march madness and we were all just having too much fun so I said screw it.

It really chokes me up.

• Like 1