DVDVR Message Board

APRIL WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Sorry guys. I know I'm the biggest troll on the board. I'll cut it out.

Anyway, the streak ending is on the front page of Yahoo.com right now, which is pretty surreal.

Yeah it's pretty surreal that anyone would go to yahoo

It's my personalized home page where I can see what the weather is like, check on my Sears stock, and find out what time Murder She Wrote is on.

ON THE SAME PAGE.

Meanwhile, you're clicking like crazy.

• Like 2

So I decided to look at the number of hits the torrent sites got for Mania.  I was feeling relieved when I saw that a total of maybe 3000 people downloaded from XWT and PWT.  I'm thinking "ok, that's not too bad".  It should be much less, but I expected higher.  Then I look at kickass.to and they have over 20,000 people getting it.  I say this as someone who has zero investment in what WWE does, but if you are still illegally downloaded instead of only paying $10, you have no rights to complain and really are what's wrong with the business.

So I decided to look at the number of hits the torrent sites got for Mania.  I was feeling relieved when I saw that a total of maybe 3000 people downloaded from XWT and PWT.  I'm thinking "ok, that's not too bad".  It should be much less, but I expected higher.  Then I look at kickass.to and they have over 20,000 people getting it.  I say this as someone who has zero investment in what WWE does, but if you are still illegally downloaded instead of only paying $10, you have no rights to complain and really are what's wrong with the business.

While I won't pretend to justify it, it is worth remembering that they could almost all be based outwith America, where the Network is not available.

While I won't pretend to justify it, it is worth remembering that they could almost all be based outwith America, where the Network is not available.

That is very much a possibility, and I'll justify bootlegging a $70 show lol.  I was pleasantly surprised at how low the XWT numbers were though.  Mania typically does about 20k on there every year.

Congrats to WWE for doing the right thing, but let's not forget that until Punk split, Bryan was going to wrestle Sheamus.

I wish people would stop parroting this, acting like it was remotely real. It was one, in a long line of failed or bullshit predictions by Meltzer based off of sources that have been working him for years. Anyone recall Punk showing up in Chicago?

I was always under the assumption that the plan all along was either Bryan vs HHH or HBK, more so HHH after it seemed like they were edging towards Punk/HBK.  This is based on limited viewing, but Bryan/Hunter has been the logical match since the fall.  I don't think he was even considered for the main event of Mania until the backlash towards Batista started.

• Like 1

I was there for this. It was fantastic. He just kept jumping in the crowd, not a care in the world. Eight hours later taking photos and signing autographs for hours. Great dude. Fandango and Del Rio were also there but they weren't as crazy.

Congrats to WWE for doing the right thing, but let's not forget that until Punk split, Bryan was going to wrestle Sheamus.

I wish people would stop parroting this, acting like it was remotely real. It was one, in a long line of failed or bullshit predictions by Meltzer based off of sources that have been working him for years. Anyone recall Punk showing up in Chicago?

I'll concede the point that I don't know that Bryan-Sheamus was the original plan (any more than you know that it wasn't) but if it's all the same with you I'll continue to give Dave the benefit of the doubt.

Also, saying "I've been told [Punk] will be there" is not the same as saying "Punk will be there."

That is very much a possibility, and I'll justify bootlegging a $70 show lol.  I was pleasantly surprised at how low the XWT numbers were though.  Mania typically does about 20k on there every year.

Of course, its also interesting to ask how many subs to the Network currently are people from outside the US. anecdotally, on twitter or even here, seems like dozens of people i know from the UK and Canada have it.