DVDVR Message Board

APRIL WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

She's been in the business for 9 years, maybe she's picked something up.

There was some kind of Aces & Eights battle royal that I don't remember the purpose of but I do remember Christy Hemme announcing it as being scheduled for one fall.

There was some kind of Aces & Eights battle royal that I don't remember the purpose of but I do remember Christy Hemme announcing it as being scheduled for one fall.

Still more knowledgeable than Vince Russo.

But, does Hemme know how to overcharge $98.00 for Rochelle, Rochelle?

• Like 1

But, does Hemme know how to overcharge $98.00 for Rochelle, Rochelle?

She convinced WWE to pay her $250,000 for winning the Diva Search. That's the biggest con game ever pulled.

It was worth it for "my butt is hungry" and "Carmella, you're a c-m-guzzling gutter sl-t".  If i was a billionaire, I'd pay 250k for that any day of the week.

Went and looked those up and found this:

I vaguely remembered those diva search episodes, but I guess I'm a bit used to the PG era, cuz....

Ron_Simmons_(6).jpg

Well, the Knockouts actually mean something to TNA and should be interesting having a former female worker helping book. Or I could remember that Christy really wanted to be a great worker but was cursed from the beginning.

I think TNA blew a solid opportunity with Christy Hemme. They should have had her be a plucky underdog babyface who beats Kip James in an inter-gender match. Instead, they had her turn heel in a way which people can point to as an example of "Russo has problems with women".

It was worth it for "my butt is hungry" and "Carmella, you're a c-m-guzzling gutter sl-t".  If i was a billionaire, I'd pay 250k for that any day of the week.

Went and looked those up and found this:

I vaguely remembered those diva search episodes, but I guess I'm a bit used to the PG era, cuz....

Rewatching that is really weird.  Joy and Amy both trash Carmella, say nothing mean to Christy.  Carmella trashes Joy and Amy and tells Christy that if Carmella, herself, doesn't win than she hopes Christy wins, which leads to Christy trashing the two who said nothing terribly mean to her, than calling Carmella the above AFTER Carmella said "I hope you win".  Imagine if Carmella had said something nasty to her!

I think TNA blew a solid opportunity with Christy Hemme. They should have had her be a plucky underdog babyface who beats Kip James in an inter-gender match. Instead, they had her turn heel in a way which people can point to as an example of "Russo has problems with women".

A list which includes "anything Russo has ever written or booked involving a woman."

Rewatching that is really weird. Joy and Amy both trash Carmella, say nothing mean to Christy. Carmella trashes Joy and Amy and tells Christy that if Carmella, herself, doesn't win than she hopes Christy wins, which leads to Christy trashing the two who said nothing terribly mean to her, than calling Carmella the above AFTER Carmella said "I hope you win". Imagine if Carmella had said something nasty to her!

Well I was just thinking of the language they used (even bleeped), I wasn't so much trying to plot out the kayfabe logic of it.

Just want to quote myself here from a week ago.

I've been thinking for some time, that Paige should get the Gail Kim treatment and win the Divas Championship from AJ on her debut.

The Raw after Wrestlemania would be a perfect opportunity for that.

• Like 5

Maybe I'm alone on this, but I'm kind of bummed that Paige is on the main roster now. I don't think she's going to be treated any differently than Emma, AJ, or heck, even Natalya. The majority of her matches will be two minute joke/squash matches, and like the rest of the women on the main roster she'll never be treated with respect or given the time to shine as a wrestler. Sure, I'll dig the occasional fifteen minute Paige versus Emma/AJ/Natalya/whomever match on Main Event, but that's about the same as her still being in NXT. I'm someone who doesn't have many complaints with what the WWE is doing lately, but their divas division (first thing they need to do is get rid of that name for the division, but I know they won't) isn't going to suddenly change because Paige is there, it will just be the same old same old if last night, and history, are any indication.

Well it makes sense IF Paige continues to do the anti-Diva thing because that naturally builds to feuds with the Total Divas cast.

The sticky wicket (God I am probably going to regret that choice of words) is if AJ is sticking around, then she fills that same spot and I dont see them pairing AJ and Paige anytime soon

I really, truly think they need to market Paige/Emma/Bailey as inspirational for young girls everywhere somehow, maybe not as a unit but as sort of a new trend and I think the chances that they do that, especially in an age of Total Divas, is nil.

• Like 1

Yeah, that was the weirdest feud. Kip was acting like a sexist, demeaning jackass, yet Christy was the heel. Very strange booking there. 

Can someone explain the whole Anti-Diva thing to me? Is it because she doesn't have any pigmentation on her skin?

She posted a pic doing that goddamn duck face and was lucky they did that debut in front of that crowd.

Michael Cole has been commentating for over 15 years and still has no idea what "shoot the half" means.

Can someone explain the whole Anti-Diva thing to me? Is it because she doesn't have any pigmentation on her skin?

She posted a pic doing that goddamn duck face and was lucky they did that debut in front of that crowd.

Not a knock on you, but just a general thought: I don't get how someone posts on this board and doesn't watch NXT. 

Didn't know watching NXT was mandatory. But I don't watch because I really don't care to. I tried but the few times was like idk. Didn't get into it.

So, you can't explain what makes Paige so Anti-Deverrish. Kinda like why people can't explain Emma's charm despite the fact she looks disinterested as all kinds of hell since coming to Raw.