DVDVR Message Board

APRIL WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Has anyone heard of Kay Lee Ray? She's a UK women's wrestler that clueless local indy promoter booked for their weekly show this week, and I was wondering if she was worth missing the "midnight" (actually 8pm) showing of Winter Soldier for.

There was an incredible Kay Lee Ray man vs. Woman match in the 2013 internet matches of the year thread. I mean, it was really damn good. There were points where I legitimately thought she died. And the jumping point of the feud was her getting powerbombed out of the ring. Find that match!

Has anyone heard of Kay Lee Ray? She's a UK women's wrestler that clueless local indy promoter booked for their weekly show this week, and I was wondering if she was worth missing the "midnight" (actually 8pm) showing of Winter Soldier for.

There was an incredible Kay Lee Ray man vs. Woman match in the 2013 internet matches of the year thread. I mean, it was really damn good. There were points where I legitimately thought she died. And the jumping point of the feud was her getting powerbombed out of the ring. Find that match!

This is the one, fantastic.

From what I've seen, she's alright in the ring, solid babyface who bumps like a freak, though usually not as much as in that match.

Edit: Looking at results, it looks like she's touring with Nikki Storm, who is ridiculously entertaining. If she's on the show too, maybe check it out.

Edit: Looking at results, it looks like she's touring with Nikki Storm, who is ridiculously entertaining. If she's on the show too, maybe check it out.

She's wrestling Angelus Layne, going by youtube matches I've seen Angelus isn't anything special, but Kay seemed better.

New segment (well kind of new) by WWE hosted by Joey Styles and they go down the WWE basement and look at stuff.  Had no idea that the ring for last year's WM was actually heated

They should just put the Hall of Fame in the basement of the corporate offices.  Looks like all the cool shit is down there

This video is great.  The bit at the end had me laughing.  

Was Gordon Solie gay?

His wives probably didn't think so.

He was Mormon?

Divorced and remarried.

Though this makes me wonder why no one has done a heel Mormon character that comes to the ring with 16 wives and preaches about purity. Thanks for nothing, Attitude Era. 

• Like 3

I've seen her live three times, and she was pretty great all three times. First time was vs Awesome Kong, and it was better than most of Kong's TNA run (barring the Gail Kim series). KLR also had a great intergender match with Martin Kirby, which got the balance of offence just right.

I jest regarding Mikey Whiplash, he is actually pretty good.

I watched him vs. Robbie Dynamite during March Madness, which led me to a match that took place in the smallest six sided ring in history.

Part 2 of which here -

"Mikey Whiplash"

Didn't work too hard on that name, did he?

Neither did his tag partner Yoshihiro Bajiri or their manager Slim Mitchell.

Oh man that cracked me up, but I'm out of likes.  Bajiri had a sick feud with Super Hazy.

Then they tagged and took on Rob Van Gram and Fabu

I jest regarding Mikey Whiplash, he is actually pretty good.

I watched him vs. Robbie Dynamite during March Madness, which led me to a match that took place in the smallest six sided ring in history.

Part 2 of which here -

I just love those adorable little European rings.

This is the one, fantastic.

From what I've seen, she's alright in the ring, solid babyface who bumps like a freak, though usually not as much as in that match.

Had to look for the powerbomb. Holy Shit that was insane.

Was there a better Bagwell match than him and Scorpio vs. Eaton and Benoit at Slamboree 93?

The Bagwell v Benoit from 92 WCWSN beneath Cactus v Ordorff holds up really well. I mean Bagwell pretty much only does a hammerlock reversal but it's a super pretty hamerlock reversal.

Also he's in a couple of those 6 man 8 man matches opposite Dangerous Alliance where he's fine. He looked like he might get really good during his NJ run too.

so i finally watched Royal Rumble 2014. hadn't seen it earlier. was familiar with some of the stuff that happened but no specifics.

Bryan/Wyatt was very good. the crowd was SUPER into Bryan and it really brought life to the match and made it feel super important.

Lesnar/Show was decent for what it was. the announcers killed it for me tho. Lesnar broke THREE CHAIRS on Show but it didn't really feel like anything special.

Cena/Orton was OK. i really dislike Cena and i'm not big on Orton either so i tuned in and out.

the Rumble match itself was great. the standout for me was Cesaro. i couldn't stop watching him when he was in the ring. i was also surprised at Nash appearing, and the pop he got.  Reigns must've really made himself a star here. the crowd completely shitting on the match after #30 came out was amazing.the No! No! No! for Sheamus' kick was hilarious too. poor Rey Jr. got cheered when he was eliminated. and Batista getting BOO'd to hell was a pretty terrible way to end the show.

in a couple days i'll check out Elimination Chamber. can't wait to watch Shield/Wyatts.