DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

This is actually the smoothest the live streaming has ever been for me. I mean it still crashed my android tablet after 3 minutes like it always does, but the laptop is fine AND we're streaming an on demand movie on the TV too.

EDIT: Nope. Saying that killed it. needed to reload.

I haven't had any issues watching on my iPhone, my primary means of watching, that weren't directly related to my shitty Comcast internet being shitty.

My stream was flawless tonight on my iPad. The only problems were two or three random quality drops, but those were due to my Comcast internet problem.

I am supposed to get 25 megabits down and 5 megabits up. My upload is fine most of the time, but my download is highly unstable. I haven't got around to calling them about it because I absolutely despise dealing with tech support of any kind, especially Comcast.

Anybody have a clue of what's going on here? I'm using the modem/router combo Arris tg862g that they rent out to me monthly. I'm thinking about getting my own router, but I honestly don't have a clue in what to get. Any help here would be appreciated.

I haven't had any issues watching on my iPhone, my primary means of watching, that weren't directly related to my shitty Comcast internet being shitty.

My stream was flawless tonight on my iPad. The only problems were two or three random quality drops, but those were due to my Comcast internet problem.

I am supposed to get 25 megabits down and 5 megabits up. My upload is fine most of the time, but my download is highly unstable. I haven't got around to calling them about it because I absolutely despise dealing with tech support of any kind, especially Comcast.

Anybody have a clue of what's going on here? I'm using the modem/router combo Arris tg862g that they rent out to me monthly. I'm thinking about getting my own router, but I honestly don't have a clue in what to get. Any help here would be appreciated.

General consensus is that most modem/router combos aren't as good as having a separate modem and router. As for suggestions, that depends on your setup: How far away is your computer from your internet setup? How many devices (and which ones) will you have connected to your internet setup and where are they in reference to it?

Is there a consensus on whether PS3 or laptop is better? Both would be wired to the router.

Judging by what I've read, it seems like the order from best to worst is this: Tablet/smartphone, computer, Roku/Apple TV, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360. That probably doesn't apply for everyone, but it seems like it. I would say though that it's almost universal in saying the computer is more reliable than the PS3.

I had a slight stutter during the red carpet, and got kicked back to the main menu at precisely 10:30pm Central (the official end time) but was able to get right back in, so lost maybe 15 seconds out of the entire 6 1/2 hours I was watching the live stream.  I'm pretty optimistic about Mania being fine.

• Like 1

Cable broadband is your issue. With cable, you're sharing bandwidth with your whole neighborhood who had cable. The more people online in your area, the slower it gets. Its why you see speed problems in the evening.

Anybody else considering the PPV option in case it craps out?  Thinking about it just in case.  Keeping an eye out, but temporary audio issue aside it's been fine.  Doesn't seem as "HD" as it would be on PPV but it's not pixelated.

Mine has been perfect throughout, impressed after what happened with NXT that WWE must have put a lot of time/money/something into making sure WM wouldn't have issues.  I am sure some people will have problems due to a variety of different reasons but I don't think it will be WWE's fault.