DVDVR Message Board

[WWE NETWORK] Technical and General Content Question/Comments

RIPPA

I have to wonder if the people who are complaining about it not having enough stuff yet

A. Have jobs

B. Are on meth and don't sleep.

I'm with you.  There's literally so much stuff, I can't even fathom the possibilities.  My lunch break is old school RAW, my late evenings are PPVs in chronological order, and weekends are random shit in order if possible, and I'm still ridiculously behind. And I'm a fucking wrestling nerd, and the only thing I've made progress in is RAW.  During my me time, it's still 1985.

I don't think it's so much "not enough stuff" as it is "not the exact stuff I wanted". Around here or other even nerdier boards there are a lot of people for whom the current stuff has no appeal. I get why this Network doesn't seem like a big deal to the hardest of the hardcores. For someone like me, who is mostly in it for the current product and reliving early 90's WWF and WCW, this network is like a dream come true.

I have to wonder if the people who are complaining about it not having enough stuff yet

A. Have jobs

B. Are on meth and don't sleep.

A lot of it is "not the right stuff," yeah, or not even that. They just haven't done it right yet. I don't want to watch WCCW or ECW with episodes missing on the idea that they'll put those episodes up eventually. I'll just wait for the full run. After watching a few random 06 and 07 PPVs that I hadn't seen, I found that I really enjoy watching things in context a lot more, so since the Raws/Smackdowns aren't up, it's not all that satisfying to me. I've enjoyed the new content a lot, the Countdowns and Wrestlemania Rewinds, but those come out once a week, on the same day. The Old Schools and Legends of Wrestling are okay but I've seen a lot of that stuff before because I actively sought it out previously.

I have not bought it because they are not showing "what i want." Which is classic territory tv in sequential order.

As someone the other day said, my money would be better spent buying dvd sets from someone like Will.

• Like 1

I have not bought it because they are not showing "what i want." Which is classic territory tv in sequential order.

As someone the other day said, my money would be better spent buying dvd sets from someone like Will.

This is exactly it for me. While I've recently been seduced back to the current product, I'm old school all day long. Once I can watch Harley Race, Wahoo McDaniel, Jack Brisco, etc. on my magical wrestling-blessed Xbox, then I'm in.

I don't think it's so much "not enough stuff" as it is "not the exact stuff I wanted". Around here or other even nerdier boards[/b there are a lot of people for whom the current stuff has no appeal. I get why this Network doesn't seem like a big deal to the hardest of the hardcores. For someone like me, who is mostly in it for the current product and reliving early 90's WWF and WCW, this network is like a dream come true.

Good grief, what wrestling board is more nerdier than us?

I don't think it's so much "not enough stuff" as it is "not the exact stuff I wanted". Around here or other even nerdier boards[/b there are a lot of people for whom the current stuff has no appeal. I get why this Network doesn't seem like a big deal to the hardest of the hardcores. For someone like me, who is mostly in it for the current product and reliving early 90's WWF and WCW, this network is like a dream come true.

PWO? 

(at which many of us also post  LOL)

Hell, a new PPV per month is worth the price alone. Plus, NXT. I guess I can understand not being into the current product but.. well actually I can't understand it. The in-ring content is amazing every single week. You give me any roster over time and I might still go with WWE in 2014. Its that fucking good.

• Like 2

The WWF roster from 1987-1989 was ridiculously deep. Perhaps not all the greatest in-ring workers, but a really good amount of more than solid pro wrestlers.

And 2000-2001 was also really good. The Radicalz coming over, Jericho and Angle's rise. The tag division.

That said, I agree that the current roster is better/deeper than its been in a really long time.

PWO?  (at which many of us also post  LOL)

Yeah PWO is essentially the next step up from here in wrestling nerdiness. Also places like Kayfabe Memories and wrestling classics where you run into the whole "IT'S NOT WRASSLIN ANYMORE! HOLLYWOOD WRITERS! VINCE KILLED THE BUSINESS!" Attitudes. Those people would only be interested in the territories and they already have that stuff.

This board is nerdy but there's a pretty healthy mix of people who know lots and lots about wrestling and random goons like me who couldn't pick most pre 80's wrestlers out of a lineup.

Late 80s they were running 3, sometimes 4 circuits at once.

Yup, and that's why there was both a need for ridiculous talent depth and the way they were able to focus on so many different guys. Today's world really is a totally different ballgame.

PWO?  (at which many of us also post  LOL)
Yeah PWO is essentially the next step up from here in wrestling nerdiness. Also places like Kayfabe Memories and wrestling classics where you run into the whole "IT'S NOT WRASSLIN ANYMORE! HOLLYWOOD WRITERS! VINCE KILLED THE BUSINESS!" Attitudes. Those people would only be interested in the territories and they already have that stuff.

This board is nerdy but there's a pretty healthy mix of people who know lots and lots about wrestling and random goons like me who couldn't pick most pre 80's wrestlers out of a lineup.

I see. The only other boards I've really ever frequented were Scott Keith's blog and some of the newz website boards where everything is anti-WWE and pro-spotfests. I always assumed DVDVR was sorta the subculture of the subculture.

I seem to remember tOa (the other arena) being the home of some really intense nerdery as well. Once I discovered this place, I never went back.

tOa is great. But the wrestling content is small anymore. In fact, there's really only about 4 or 5 regular posters on that board.

I discovered the IWC in late 2007 via the ROH boards. PWO was the first "serious" wrestling site I found that wasn't focused on just one company. I loved it then, and I love it now. DVDVR and PWO are my favorites. I have tried out many, including WrestlingClassics. Even did some time on Wrestling_KO before getting banned there.

Hell, a new PPV per month is worth the price alone. Plus, NXT. I guess I can understand not being into the current product but.. well actually I can't understand it. The in-ring content is amazing every single week. You give me any roster over time and I might still go with WWE in 2014. Its that fucking good.

I can see "the good stuff" from RAW or NXT online, either Youtube, Hulu or "other means" without needing the network.

This is by far the best pro-WWE but also some territory thrown in the mix board you will ever find. I've traveled the net high and far and for the most part it's either 

1. Board is heavy on pro-territory or pro-ROH and extremely anti-WWE

or

2. Board is pro-WWE but wouldn't know the first thing about Mid-South, JCP, Memphis, etc. This is where you find the much younger crowd and I'm too old now to be apart of that.

• Like 2

This is by far the best pro-WWE but also some territory thrown in the mix board you will ever find. I've traveled the net high and far and for the most part it's either 

1. Board is heavy on pro-territory or pro-ROH and extremely anti-WWE

or

2. Board is pro-WWE but wouldn't know the first thing about Mid-South, JCP, Memphis, etc. This is where you find the much younger crowd and I'm too old now to be apart of that.

I think what I like here there is room for whatever. I can talk 80's JCP, 90's AJPW, last week's Raw, the kick assery of Jerry Blackwell, AND the last episode of Justified with men...men that can grow beards and have had sex. Grown men. Men like me.

• Like 2

For those needing their New Jack ECW matches:

When the WWE Network launched, a number of ECW PPVs featured segments involving New Jack edited out. At the time, we reported that this was due to a musical rights issue as WWE did not have the rights to the iconic Dr. Dre/Ice Cube song "Natural Born Killaz" which ECW used for years as Jack's theme song. Complicating that was that WWE was unable to edit the music off without losing the original commentary audio, so the matches were removed.

Over the last 24 hours, the ECW PPVs featuring Jack's matches were pulled from the Network and replaced with a new version of the show. Jack's appearances have returned, but with a new hip hop style instrumental song playing during his brawls and new voiceovers from Joey Styles replacing the old commentary, which originally featured Styles and Cyrus.

Actually removing Cyrus from the commentary may be an upgrade