DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's pretty much that.

Matt Anderson @MAndersonWKYC

Confirmed #Browns WR Josh Gordon Arrested By Raleigh, NC Police. Jail Has Booked & Processed Him

NFLVR @NFLVR

Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon was arrested around 4 am ET in Raleigh, NC this morning for driving while impaired. #NFL #FantasyFootball

He's on record as saying during the off season he keeps it real. Looks like he'll be keeping it real in the Arena League or Canada.

What a waste.

Keep it real all you want, just take a fucking cab. . . .

Then he discovered that Roger Goodell keeps it even realer.

So apparently the Saints are moving their preseason practices to West Virginia

So depending on where you live in VA - you will be much closer to the Saints preseason than the Skins

The crazy thing about the Josh Gordon thing is he blew a .09 the legal limit is a .08 he very well could have been trying to be responsible.  Say what you want about the guy, but I'm willing to bet most of the people doing the whole righteous indignation thing have driven with a higher blood alcohol level than .09.  I've been reading stuff about how he is stupid and how he is throwing everything away, and how he is out of chances all over a .09.  How many of the sports writers judging him this harshly drive with a .09 regularly?

The crazy thing about the Josh Gordon thing is he blew a .09 the legal limit is a .08 he very well could have been trying to be responsible.  Say what you want about the guy, but I'm willing to bet most of the people doing the whole righteous indignation thing have driven with a higher blood alcohol level than .09.  I've been reading stuff about how he is stupid and how he is throwing everything away, and how he is out of chances all over a .09.  How many of the sports writers judging him this harshly drive with a .09 regularly?

A few issues with that argument, but I'd say that even people that drive 'buzzed' don't risk losing millions of dollars by doing it.  I don't drink (another issue with the argument, assuming that most people drive after drinking), but if I did and got a bit buzzed and I could call a free car service and not risk losing millions of dollars and my career then yea, I'd be making a phone call.  Personally I am not judging him but I sure as hell don't feel sorry for him and won't be making excuses for him, there is nothing responsible about what he did.

• Like 2

I agree that some are being santcimonious about the situation, but Gordon has to know better.  He's already looking at missing a season, and then he gets behind a steering wheel after a couple of drinks.  That's dumb to do no matter when, but especially if you're already waist deep in trouble for substance issues.

• Like 2

At the risk of sounding like a dick, if you're already looking at a 1-year suspension for not being responsible, being "responsible" means that you probably shouldn't get behind the wheel of a vehicle unless your BAC is .00.

• Like 2

I agree that some are being santcimonious about the situation, but Gordon has to know better.  He's already looking at missing a season, and then he gets behind a steering wheel after a couple of drinks.  That's dumb to do no matter when, but especially if you're already waist deep in trouble for substance issues.

I'm not disputing this, but .09 at 4:00 AM could very well be the I'm going to stop drinking and get something to eat and sober up before I go home.  It isn't excusable, but it also isn't something that crazy for a 23 year old to do. 

I'm not disputing this, but .09 at 4:00 AM could very well be the I'm going to stop drinking and get something to eat and sober up before I go home.  It isn't excusable, but it also isn't something that crazy for a 23 year old to do. 

It's not crazy for a 23-year-old with no outstanding issues to do.  It IS crazy for a guy already a step away from screwing up his best chance at financial security to do, especially when he likely has several options at his disposal.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the NFL has a sober-ride program available to every player as well.

They do - and a lot of players are afraid to use it, fearing backlash from their teams and the league.

• Like 1

So that political blogger the Redskins hired to help defend the name?

Yeah... he quit already as everyone realized he was the guy who ruined George Allen's governor bid for exposing Allen's love of using the word "Macaca"

This has been my favorite thing about the name change debate - the fact that the Skins will vet absolutely no one

• Like 2

Some of the newer or more pathetic franchises have some very limited selections to choose from.

NFL's Most Memorable Plays

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls/_/category/5436/nfl-most-memorable-plays

Cleveland's first two options are from 1950 and 1964. The last option is The Fumble in 1987.

Buffalo's three options are Wide Right, the Music City Miracle, and Beebe running down Lett in the Super Bowl. It's sad when the only positive play was a hustle on a fumble return when they were already getting blown out. 

Detroit's include Dan Orlovsky running out of the back of the end zone.

Actually a lot of the teams plays are on the negative side.

I mean with the Giants - one is the Miracle at the Meadowlands and the other is LT breaking Thiesmann's leg

Of course - I love that that is on the Giants list but not on the Redskins list

I am sad that Kellen Winslow's FG block in that epic playoff game is somehow tied with LT's breaking the TD record.  Yeah, Tomlinson's season was awesome but Kellen's play is iconic.