DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Not formally announced yet but still publicly available news: NFL Sunday Ticket will be available this year on iOS/Mac ($199.99) and game consoles ($239.99) without a DirecTV subscription.

Not formally announced yet but still publicly available news: NFL Sunday Ticket will be available this year on iOS/Mac ($199.99) and game consoles ($239.99) without a DirecTV subscription.

Well yes and no

You can only get the streaming service in you live somewhere that DirecTV can't be installed

The internet was abuzz on Wednesday when it appeared DirecTV had loosened its exclusive hold of the NFL's Sunday Ticket package, allowing non-DirecTV users to subscribe to stream the service or as the company headlined "Stream NFL Sunday Ticket live online. No satellite required!" While DirecTV has expanded the service to now include streaming on phones, tablets and game consoles in addition to computers, the service hasn't yet been fully opened up.

In a statement to USA TODAY,DirecTV confirmed that the company's new NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV service only applies to homes that do not have the ability to install a satellite dish. This means it will work if you live in an apartment complex or if you are a student at one of the ten "select universities" the company has partnered with. If you can get a satellite installed then this service doesn't apply to you.

USA TODAY

Well yes and no

You can only get the streaming service in you live somewhere that DirecTV can't be installed

The internet was abuzz on Wednesday when it appeared DirecTV had loosened its exclusive hold of the NFL's Sunday Ticket package, allowing non-DirecTV users to subscribe to stream the service or as the company headlined "Stream NFL Sunday Ticket live online. No satellite required!" While DirecTV has expanded the service to now include streaming on phones, tablets and game consoles in addition to computers, the service hasn't yet been fully opened up.

In a statement to USA TODAY,DirecTV confirmed that the company's new NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV service only applies to homes that do not have the ability to install a satellite dish. This means it will work if you live in an apartment complex or if you are a student at one of the ten "select universities" the company has partnered with. If you can get a satellite installed then this service doesn't apply to you.

USA TODAY

I think when it was tested out last year when the Madden with NFL Ticket had the same restriction, they just say that for some type of legal reason in their NFL Contract but don't really mean it.  Like if you have to call to set it up they just say "can you get it?" and you say "no" and they say "ok."  They don't literally check to see if you can get it or not since that would take a lot more work (getting leases, seeing skylines, etc.).  For example, I can get DirecTV but I just put the code in online last year, no one ever even asked me about it.

And I am totally getting that shit again this year.  I mean it was nice last year when it was bundled with Madden but really there is no other way I'll be able to watch my Bills.

Well that and kids in colleges - though 10 "selected universities" is a lot easier to monitor than random homes across America like Kevin is saying

• Like 1

It would be an interesting test to see if they are being stricter this year, I just went online since my account is for some reason gone and made a new account, when I put in my address it 'confirmed' I was eligible.  I have no idea what that is based on since other people in my condo have Direct TV.

Well yes and no

USA TODAY

Boooooo.  Not that I was going to subscribe anyway but the "no DirecTV" thing was appealing.  Since I had DirecTV service just a month ago, I can't exactly claim I can't get it :)

Stupid question does Sunday Ticket only apply to the early late Sunday games? Or all NFL games?

All Sunday afternoon games (so 1 PM and 4:05 - 4:25 PM starts)

It does not do the Thursday, Sunday Night or MNF games

I don't care what it costs, take my eventual first born for all I care but the ability to not have to watch Chargers or Raiders games every single week at 1:15 is priceless.

• Like 1

Stupid question does Sunday Ticket only apply to the early late Sunday games? Or all NFL games?

And you also get the Red Zone channel, which is basically the NFL laced with crack and coated with chocolate.

• Like 2

And you also get the Red Zone channel, which is basically the NFL laced with crack and coated with chocolate.

The IOS and console versions don't get you Red Zone.

To switch subjects a second just heard on ESPN radio that the Ravens are going to have a statue of Rey Lewis outside there stadium...what's the over/under on the number of days before one of these two things happens 1) a real or fake knife is left at the statue 2) someone photo shops the statue to be holding a knife

• Like 1

Since FiOS got RedZone, I have no need to get a Sunday Ticket.  

Draft will be held in LA or Chicago next year.

They are still using the excuse that Radio City Music Hall wasn't free any dates in April or May as to why it couldn't stay in NY

Because - ya know - that is the only building in NYC

They are still using the excuse that Radio City Music Hall wasn't free any dates in April or May as to why it couldn't stay in NY

LA isn't good enough for a franchise, but they will hold the draft there? HAHAHA There is also talk of it going to four days, as if the sports channels don't talk enough about it as it is. . . .

LA isn't good enough for a franchise, but they will hold the draft there? HAHAHA There is also talk of it going to four days, as if the sports channels don't talk enough about it as it is. . . .

The best part of that is the logic is that by going to four days they can focus on the round two guys on the second day...cause you know you couldn't do that now instead of endlessly recapping the first now picks and the story's the media creates during round one.