DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

I wonder if, when they move to Los Angeles, they'll keep the whole Buffalo Bills name. 

Someone was saying Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula liquidated almost 2 billion in assets and now Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs wants to help build a new stadium around Niagara Falls NY.  The Bills are fine.  Jaguars who knows

The Bruins owner will have to sell the Bruins first if he wants the Bills.

I hope Tom Galisano ends up with them. Pegula has deep pockets, but his tenure with the Sabres has shown that he's more interested in owning a team than actually running a team.

Y'all be more sympathetic to our resident Bills fan Kuestar!  Can't you see he's hurting? Meanies, the lot of you!

DON'T YOU

FORGET ABOUT ME

DON'T

DON'T

DON'T

DON'T

My apologies.  As soon as I typed that post, I figured I had forgotten another Bills fan.  No harm intended. :)

The Bruins owner will have to sell the Bruins first if he wants the Bills.

I hope Tom Galisano ends up with them. Pegula has deep pockets, but his tenure with the Sabres has shown that he's more interested in owning a team than actually running a team.

Only technically, he can like "give up" his ownership of the Bruins to his son or something to keep it in the family, it doesn't have to be sold per se.  I think it will be purchased by one of the people talked about the most (Galisano or Pegula) who will keep it in Buffalo, you don't have Magic Johnson or those big California groups stepping out and saying they are interested.  That's the only think that would scare me, if billionaires from CA were showing interest, but I don't think any have because LA is still a ways away from being ready for an NFL team.  Thank God.

They need a stadium with a retractable roof. We love to romanticise cold weather football around here, but very few people actually want to sit and watch it.

Plus, Eerie County has been bitching for years about having a stadium that is only used about a dozen times per year.

They need a stadium with a retractable roof. We love to romanticise cold weather football around here, but very few people actually want to sit and watch it.

Plus, Eerie County has been bitching for years about having a stadium that is only used about a dozen times per year.

Assuming they do that, a Super Bowl would be coming right? It has gone any where else with a new stadium. . . .Listening/reading the media bitch about that will be EPIC. Peter King's whining will be worth it alone. . . 

Assuming they do that, a Super Bowl would be coming right? It has gone any where else with a new stadium. . . .Listening/reading the media bitch about that will be EPIC. Peter King's whining will be worth it alone. . .

I'm not sure Buffalo has all the accommodations needed to host a Super Bowl.

I'm not sure Buffalo has all the accommodations needed to host a Super Bowl.

Not enough strip joints in Niagara Falls

Now Trump is making noise about wanting the Bills again, and is making the hilariously obviously false claim that he's the only potential buyer that would keep them in Buffalo. Which makes me even more certain that he would move them the first chance he got.

I can totally see Goddell with Trump in a conference room, bringing up a picture of the NFL shield, and screaming at him like he's the Jewish professor in American History X

So totally missed this a couple of days ago

CBS Sports has added former NFL official Mike Carey to its broadcast team for Thursday Night Football, which airs on CBS and NFL Network, Sean McManus, Chairman, CBS Sports and Executive Producer, The NFL on CBS announced in a statement Tuesday. Carey will also contribute to The NFL on CBS coverage on Sundays during the NFL season.

Carey's duties, via the statement, will be to provide rules analysis, interpretation and explanations on Thursday nights from the game site, as well as NFL Network's studio in Culver City, Calif., and on Sundays from the CBS Broadcast Center in New York City.

"So many times throughout the years of watching Mike officiate, I often thought it would be great to have him someday work for CBS explaining the calls on the field," McManus said. "We're excited that this has now come to fruition. He will be a great complement to our Thursday Night Football and Sunday afternoon coverage."

Carey spent 24 years as an official, including 19 as a referee. He was only the second African American referee in NFL history, and the first to referee a Super Bowl (Super Bowl XLII; Patriots-Giants in February 2008).

I had a dream that I was watching the first Bears game of the season and right after kickoff I realized I hadn't signed up for DVDVR Fantasy Football. 

Thankfully I saw Jay Cutler throw a touchdown pass to Devin Hester and realized I was dreaming.

Dallas gave up a sixth for McClain and Baltimore's seventh. The Ravens traded up in the draft at the cost of someone who hasn't played a down for the team and retired twice during his tenure with the club. So....that happened.