DVDVR Message Board

May 2024 Wrestling Talk

13 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

People have been dressing ridiculously at the Derby forever. Good for them for taking it a little crazier. 
He looks like a million bucks and he's about to con a town into starting a boy's band.

Yeah, Seth is dressed for a Derby party (I went to one this weekend and Seth would have fit right in). Becky's outfit would be a better fit if it wasn't metallic but I know that's her thing. I know they use the same stylist so I wonder what he was thinking.

16 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

Yeah, Seth is dressed for a Derby party (I went to one this weekend and Seth would have fit right in). Becky's outfit would be a better fit if it wasn't metallic but I know that's her thing. I know they use the same stylist so I wonder what he was thinking.

"I plan on dressing like someone's coke connect who got an early release."

• Haha 7

This probably isn’t a huge shocker but derby fashion was a bit of an inspiration for some of Cornette’s attire game. Although I think he said he got his stuff from a store in Nashville early on.

Also worth noting that Derby fashion probably isn’t fly off the handle until the last decade or two.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

It's likely meaning less Lawler on pre-show panels and more Big E and Punk (until he's healed).

Punk's been hanging out down in NXT trying to get in the right headspace to replace Lawler.

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'd be cool with Lawler risking another in-ring heart attack in AEW. Show them kids how to punch!

They already have Dustin Rhodes for that.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, WebConn89 said:

I found this match today. Never knew it existed but it does. Fathers & Son vs Father & Son

Classic example of Vince thinking "guys under 6" counted as LHWs in the late 90's

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, WebConn89 said:

I found this match today. Never knew it existed but it does. Fathers & Son vs Father & Son

That match felt very out of place especially since that was when WWF was transitioning to a different era. That whole buildup felt like something that would have taken place on Raw 3 or 4 years earlier. 

Either Ivan called in a favor to give his son the rub or being in San Antonio made WWF want to do something different to appeal to the folks who might still remember Ivan Putski. Either way, it was very odd. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Having sat on this I feel that CM Punk has point with wrestlers being paid on houses draw. NHL, MLB, NBA, and NFL all have salary structures that are based on the athletes getting a certain percentage of revenue. Even the UFC had main eventers getting point of the PPV money. There's no reason where if WWF wrestlers unionized salaries couldn't be tied revenues in a similar fashion (both TV rights money and paid attendance) 

3 hours ago, zendragon said:

guys under 6" counted as LHWs in the late 90's

leave it to Vince to use penis size as the determining factor

• Haha 8