DVDVR Message Board

May 2024 Wrestling Talk

It's May!  We get a WWE PPV in France!   Some other stuff too! 

Meanwhile, let's check in on the former Dolph Ziggler who has apparently got the diplomatic skills of a Secretary of State because he's somehow managed to do this:

Good for him!  Onto May!

• Like 1

Reg. the Rock story from the April thread: it's ironic that the Rock does NOT want to pee in bottles during the shooting of a movie produced by Amazon (MGM).

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gordi the former AEW fan said:

The Jabroni Beating, Pie Eating, Trailblazing, Eyebrow Raising, Stronger Than A Bear, Coming Full Throttle, Cuz I Piss In A Bottle...

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Thanks 1

For a wrestling diss track that was good but I wish he put that out before I saw he was at a table at a recent convention.  I would have loved to chat about the song.  Also, I think it's safe to say a FHH from Paul isn't necessary when Rikishi has that more than covered. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Rikishi dropping diss tracks in 2024 is something I didn't have on my bingo card

For a second I was like, Damn, Drake pissed Rikishi off, too?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

From Sapp:

"Fightful Select has confirmed that NXT cuts are ongoing.

We've not heard of any currently and prominently featured names on TV being involved.

We'll post names as we confirm them and make sure they're notified prior.

We've reached out to WWE to confirm a number of the names."

Posted (edited)

Drew Gulak released by WWE, apparently.

Also these NXT people:

• Darrell Mason
  • Vlad Pavlenko
  • Ezekiel Balogun
  • Kiyah Saint
  • Emma Diaz
  • Valentina Feroz
  • Keyshawn Leflore
  • Trey Bearhill
  • Julian Baldi
Edited by AxB

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, AxB said:

Drew Gulak released by WWE, apparently.

Also these NXT people:

• Darrell Mason
  • Vlad Pavlenko
  • Ezekiel Balogun
  • Kiyah Saint
  • Emma Diaz
  • Valentina Feroz
  • Keyshawn Leflore
  • Trey Bearhill
  • Julian Baldi

Aside from Gulak, who was probably released on the basis on Sandy Hook denier Ronda Rousey's allegations that he touched her drawstring, none of these people were on TV much, if at all.

Emma Diaz, Darrell Mason, and Keyshawn Leflore were all part of the Next Gen show before being signed , so they probably weren't showing progress in their training.

Edited by ChrisM
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

...who?

Bring Drew to BCC NOW.

I'd wait til the Sex Pest stuff has cleared out first, especially after comments made on mainstream sports TV.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

Aside from Gulak, who was probably released on the basis on Sandy Hook denier Ronda Rousey's allegations that he touched her drawstring, none of these people were on TV much, if at all.

Emma Diaz, Darrell Mason, and Keyshawn Leflore were all part of the Next Gen show before being signed , so they probably weren't showing progress in their training.

Valentina Feroz was on pretty regularly last summer, teaming with Yulisa Leon against Lola Vice and Elektra Lopez. After they lost that feud, they disappeared from Tuesday nights, and Leon was cut in Sept. The only other one I recognize is Trey Bearhill, who was last seen building a rapport with fellow Native American Eddy Thorp. He was big and loud and kind of fun but greener than month-old leftovers, and they seemed to sour on him fast. And Thorp hasn't been on main TV (I can't comment on LVLUP since I almost never watch it) in ages either, basically since the end of the Dijak feud. I was half expecting him to be on the list. 

9 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

if Ronda was aiming to bring down a WWE star with lies, why would she pick Drew Gulak

I have no idea how anyone could hear his attempted explanation and think she was the one who was lying.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, sabremike said:

I have no idea how anyone could hear his attempted explanation and think she was the one who was lying.

Because Ronda Rousey is frequently a terrible person. That said, even terrible people can be subjected to creepy behavior, and Drew Gulak is a grade-A creep.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Sometimes the standard for "who is telling the truth" is literally "who do we like more"

• Like 2
  • Sad 1