DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MARCH 2024

Shartnado

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Ah, thanks!  And giving the benefit of a doubt, I'm sure they were using candy glass and not actual glass bottles. 

The bad thing about light tubes is that indies don't typically drain all the hazardous gunk out first, right?

I've noticed that the light tubes with the green tips are being used. They can be thrown out with the regular garbage. The ones without the green must be disposed as hazardous waste. 

• Like 1

Isn't the candy glass actually more of a danger or pain in the ass in some way than the real stuff, or am I thinking of something else that's used as a replacement breakable in movies, like balsa wood? 

Sting retires, Danielson goes part time, Mox goes on vacations with his built up PTO. Instead of the Smackdown Six, who do we have as the Elite Eight in the next year or two? The wrestlers To y Khan will revolve his main programs around. 

34 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Sting retires, Danielson goes part time, Mox goes on vacations with his built up PTO. Instead of the Smackdown Six, who do we have as the Elite Eight in the next year or two? The wrestlers To y Khan will revolve his main programs around. 

Swerve, Ospreay, Switchblade, Adam Cole, Hook, Darby, Takeshita, and somehow still Jericho.

Sorry to anyone hurt by this list. Probably Matt.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Swerve, Okada, Ospreay, Jay White, Takeshita, Daniel Garcia, Rush, Darby

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Re: Jungle Jack
I like Jack. I'm pulling for his redemption story. He was a great natural babyface to start, but the act had run it's course. I liked the heel turn. And the Beethoven. Not to suggest everything was connecting from the jump, but I thought he did an excellent job. I'm okay with minor misfires. Shit happens, and overall it was building just fine. As @MattD pointed out that last bout with Hook was really good. Also, before he turned, he had a fun match v Rush that was totally overlooked. Mostly because it was a weird and kinda terrible build for a title contender moving on to a PPV Main Event. Further, I'm pretty okay with a wrestler needing some years and experience to meet the lofty expectations of being nicknamed a 'Pillar'. Same goes for Guevara. 

Yeah, I wouldn't cut bait on Perry or Guevara. They're still young and not super experienced. They're also both prodigiously gifted, and still have a lot to give AEW. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Just Dave said:

Yeah, I wouldn't cut bait on Perry or Guevara. They're still young and not super experienced. They're also both prodigiously gifted, and still have a lot to give AEW. 

Perry made his debut in 2015 and Guevara in 2010. Not saying they should be fired but "They don't have the experience to know better" is just wrong.

10 minutes ago, GodzillaPerez said:

Perry made his debut in 2015 and Guevara in 2010. Not saying they should be fired but "They don't have the experience to know better" is just wrong.

Jesus, really? I retract my statement, then. Fire them both lol.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Just Dave said:

Jesus, really? I retract my statement, then. Fire them both lol.

Dude, this was news to me also. I had no idea either were at it for that long.

Really gives some credence to the idea of "TV age"

Jack Perry is 26 years old. That's still young enough to be a bit of an idiot, in my opinion, even if he's been wrestling a while.

Sammy Guevara is 30 years old, and married with a child. So he has less of an excuse for idiocy I'd say.

There is absolutely NO age limit on stupidity, especially in this country. Apparently a great deal of the population not only does not mature, but they regress in maturity the older they get. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

There is absolutely NO age limit on stupidity, especially in this country. Apparently a great deal of the population not only does not mature, but they regress in maturity the older they get. 

This is not a joke: I saw a theory recently that this is a very real thing, and some of it may have to do with the lead they used to use in pencils, paint, and gasoline. I'll link you if I can find it

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

https://x.com/TonyKhan/status/1765808199439966210?s=20

After getting bored and going through the replies, I can say there's some weird people on Twitter.

Imagine the fact that we're fellow viewers of the show, too - I can't begin to think what some of the outside world would think of the "discourse" on places like wrestling twitter, or squared circle were they to stumble on it. Like imagine someone going on, idk, Al Pacino's page and being like "YOU DONT LOVE MOVIES, YOU LOVE DRUGS! YOURE KILLING FILM! WHY DO YOU MAKE MOVIES AT PARAMOUNT WHEN YOU KNOW MGM IS THE ONLY STUDIO THAT MATTERS?! MGM 4 LIFE!!" It's just so fucking bizarre, man. I don't watch WWE for a variety of reasons, but I certainly enjoy other wrestling besides AEW from time to time. I recently gotten some great MLW and Lucha recs from you guys here, I catch TNA on the streaming channel once in a while, an NJPW on AXS rerun here or there. Even back in the '90s as a kid, I certainly had my preferences, but I watched WCW, ECW, and the WWF all the same (as well as whatever else I could find) - some of these replies are right out of like, an election thread, or like arguing with a visiting Red Sox fan in the bleachers or something. Is this just like, how everything is now??? Like, people seem aware of it - I'm sick to fucking death of reading the word "tRiBaLiSm" - but no one seems to take any steps to correct it, it's the weirdest shit. I'm all for debate but my God

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

This is not a joke: I saw a theory recently that this is a very real thing, and some of it may have to do with the lead they used to use in pencils, paint, and gasoline. I'll link you if I can find it

18 years after lead paint gets banned crime drops nation wide

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I don’t know now that the DVDVR glass house is immune to throwing stones on this topic. It’s not exactly bereft on extreme opinions. 😀

Oh certainly not, but I don't think I've ever seen it go quite that far without a swift and deserved Cashing from the mods - nine times out of ten, if there's an argument here it's relatively civil, maybe some light ball busting but no one's like, "yeah I hated that show, it had to have been booked by a coke head"*

* = Except the times they actually were booked by coke heads

• Like 1

So I drove through part of Sussex County, Delaware today and yeah, a couple of rednecks from there makes total sense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2