DVDVR Message Board

The Wall Street Journal Vince McMahon Thread.

Message added by jaedmc,

It's a gross story, don't stare too deeply into the abyss or it will stare back.

Also be adults and don't make us ban you.

19 minutes ago, piranesi said:

We're baked into the system even when we're home alone. They rely on everyone from the top down just doing the job and moving on. They took our hearts and souls because those were not monetizable and left us with just the jerky.

Yeah, dude, shit sucks. So again I'll recommend getting organized and active to make some positive change

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, piranesi said:

These are the same people stamping a signature on denied insurance claims and putting them on the pile.

You may notice I've been SMASHING the trophy emote a lot on your (and others') more 'corporation-unfriendly' posts over the course of this thread the last day or so; ill give you three guesses what my day job is.

• Like 2

Wrestling journalism:

"Vince is gone.  Any guilt you felt about supporting or enjoying the product has gone with him.  

Any new potential sordid chapter in his lurid story?  Not WWE or our problem, it’s all his."

An AI bot trained on WWE press releases couldn't have written it better Dave S.

Weirdly I still feel like absolute shit.

But also please subscribe to elite for more wrestling news!

2 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

People can be victims in some circumstances and predators/enablers in others. Vince himself was a victim of physical and sexual abuse as a child. In no way does it excuse his actions as an adult. It's possible to have sympathy for Stephanie for what she went through as a child (and given some of the long standing rumors out there...), but she isn't immune from consequences if she enabled Vince as an adult by doing clean-up work for him to stay in power.

After reading Josie Abraham's book on Vince and what she found out when looking into Vince's childhood and adolescence I would be careful in taking Vince's word about that. His personal history according to himself is full of exaggerations and transpositions (I don't think that's the right term, what I mean is that some stories that he told did not seem to be his own ones but things that he saw or heard of). I am sure that there was some physical and verbal abuse in his childhood, I am not sure about the sexual part and also if the abuse that he experienced exceeded what an average child of his generation had to endure.

Welcome to the Octopus Wild Speculation Station:

This will be the Dawn of a New Era. A time un sullied by the stench of a McMahon. Oh wait, what is that entering the city gates on a humble donkey? Could it be? No. Is it? Yes! It’s Shane! As daddy falls, the son will rise. Shane McMahon has entered the title scene. Shane vs Seth vs CM Punk vs Gunther.

The original plans of Gunther vs Brock has been thwarted. Until new revelations reveal that hiding for a month or so and then coming back powerful is something Nick Khan finds super cool. So we’ll see Brock over paid to interfere in the lesser title match so that Shane can win. Even though Shane didn’t need it, because everyone was already over selling his out of breath shitty punches.

Bruce resigns from the company and returns to TNA. He convinces Josh Alexander to wrestle a more Hogan style.

The Rock rises quickly to prominent power where he Black Adam’s the WWE both on the screen and in the boardroom. Cody wins the Royal Rumble but faces the Rock for the title shot which he loses do to Drew (dropped to just his first name in honor of the fallen Vince) interfering. Drew and Cody face at WrestleMania and Drew wins just before leaving the company. 
The Rock will push out his former bully, HHH, and his best buds. More info about HHH knowing stuff becomes apparent so the world is happy with his release.

Rock will be out of breath but still beat Roman at WrestleMania. He’ll then hand the title to Jey Uso like Andre and the Million Dollar Man which will nullify the title and create a new tournament that the Rock will win.

The new WWE creative voices will be a very highly paid Brian Gewirtz, Paul Heyman (who has assistants he tricks to do his work by offering g to buy them chicken sandwiches), Jeremy Borash, Abyss, and Eric Bischoff who will spend most his day in catering.

Shawn Michaels remains head of NXT as he transitions and trains CM Punk to be the new dad to the newbies. CM Punk brings in Ace Steel who is quickly let go for biting related incidents.

In a shocking move, Regal AND HHH join AEW staff. The new AEW helpers to Tony Khan are the Four Horsemen of the Levesque - HHH, Flair, Regal, and Roaddog.

The signing of Roaddog leads to the release of Dax Harwood who will have a singles career as the new NWA Champion. Cash Wheeler joins the BCC (replacing Danielson who is around less) and has more gun related incidents that are overlooked. 

Danielson has about 2 AEW matches a year and 2 non-AEW matches with a random company for the next few years. 

Drew regains his last name as he joins Nic Nemeth in TNA. Through Bruce’s leadership, they have a long feud as a tag team against Josh Alexander-Hogan and Moose.

Bully Ray leaves TNA for the open position of WWE’s Head of Talent Relation. Before every meeting with talent he goes over how he isn’t a pussy and doesn’t do fucking weak shit and he’s old school and not gonna put up with pussy shit. He helps bring back EC3. 
Eric Bischoff in a rare brilliant move comes up with the idea of having a reality show of the New Day as neighbors and having fun family friendly related hijinks. Well, actually it was Greg Gagne that came up with it but Bischoff gets credit. Actually, it’s likely they’re both somehow making it up. But regardless, Booty-O’s become number 1 cereal.

Vince McMahon mysteriously hangs himself in prison after the discovery of an island. Public pressure leads to more information eventually being leaked about who flew to the island. Nothing is done but a few people look bad as they awkwardly shrug it off.

Linda McMahon becomes President of the United States of America.

Housing Market in the USA crashes. Nick Khan leaves the Wrestling Division of TKO to form the new Housing Division. WWE makes a deal with Netflix to buy up newly foreclosed homes and become the leading force of overpriced homes. Built in WiFi and Prime Energy dispensers come in every home. TV’s the size of walls in every room. You can watch the big fight everywhere. Violence on television is even more so the new norm. Watch faces being pummeled and arms being bent. Yet when blood shows up we cut to black because we’re not monsters. The payment of these homes is mandated to be made without trouble. So you have to register how many kids you can afford with your new employment under TKO’s new CNC and Manufacturing Fivision where you make and distribute ring and octagon parts. You are sterilized and have very seeds of your favorite wrestlers pumped into the stomached of  constantly fresh Lamb carcasses that replaced the female human’s womb. You can have your own little baby Baron Corbin or Carlito as long as the numbers are within what you are allowed to allocate yourself. Don’t strand away from what you are allowed.

Don’t resist. Conform to the new TKO reality. TKO loves you and if you don’t love TKO you will be put down. Resistance is futile. Embrace the new TKO. Your new leader in Existence.

Then. Now. Forever.

Obey.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Was that already in the plans or did they pull him? 

Honestly can't tell. From what I gather, there was a Wrestling Inc. article posted around noon that people ran with on socials saying that Brock was scheduled for it, and the PWInsider article was refuting that by stating he isn't there currently, and doesn't appear to be traveling there at the moment.

5 hours ago, Raziel said:

Ronda should come back and use her sandy hook on Bruce...

Alternatively: You'd think Ronda'd be on board denying something awful happened to push agendas...

Add in : Worst person you know makes a good point pic.

They said "WWE Superstar who is also a UFC Champion" and she really wanted to make sure everyone knew it was Brock and not her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

So far Facebook has presented me, without my consent:

1. A photo from a wrestling page of the Bloodline laughing at someone, presumably female, tied to a ringpost covered in what appears to be shit, with "Vince", "Johnny Ace", the name of the victim, etc. typed out and imprinted over the different people in the photo. I don't know the context of the photo. It doesn't look like a photoshop.

Unfortunately, the algorithm decided I need to see this as well. The picture was Baron Corbin covered in dog food from the super wrestle-crappy feud between him and Roman in 2019. This doesn't change the assessment that the meme and whoever made it are both repulsive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, piranesi said:

Wrestling journalism:

An AI bot trained on WWE press releases couldn't have written it better Dave S.

Weirdly I still feel like absolute shit.

But also please subscribe to elite for more wrestling news!

Is that quote real? Thats some serious bullshit if so. 

3 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

PW Insider reporting no Brock at the Rumble, for anyone interested in that

Little man has his heart set on watching tonight and I don’t feel like getting into reasons why he shouldn’t. I don’t know how much I’ll be watching, but I can tell you I’d lose my shit if Brock did come out and got even a decent ovation. So, I’m hoping this is true. I’m hoping there’s also an announcement soon of no more Brock in WWE ever. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Log said:

Is that quote real? Thats some serious bullshit if so. 

Little man has his heart set on watching tonight and I don’t feel like getting into reasons why he shouldn’t. I don’t know how much I’ll be watching, but I can tell you I’d lose my shit if Brock did come out and got even a decent ovation. So, I’m hoping this is true. I’m hoping there’s also an announcement soon of no more Brock in WWE ever. 

Oh it's real. I don't know if we're allowed to say the names of litigious wrestling journalists but Dave S. is one of the ones that has made the most $$$$$ off of it than anyone else in that business.  BTW It then ends with this:

So as you sit down to watch the Rumble tonight, do it in clear conscience and have a great time.  The cloud has lifted.

To quote the end of Nash’s song, now that Vince is gone I feel like…

“It's gonna be a bright (bright), Bright (bright) sunshiny day!”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yikes. Anecdotally, I've been getting a lot of memes and that kinda thing sent to me from non/lapsed fan friends who are in the mode we all talked about on the earlier pages of the thread with regard to the general public ("Ah, there goes those scuzzy-ass wrestlers doing scuzzy-ass things again"). Most of it's just been tasteless shock humor about the exact aspects you'd think they'd be about, but some of it has had a little bit of that sort of Epstein or Trump-like "comeuppance" tonality to it, so I felt a little higher on my high horse chuckling at those in particular. But yeah, overall, most of the attempted "humor" out there on this has only made me feel even worse for the victim(s) which I didn't think was even possible. Glass half-fulling it, I guess this is a sign I've grown up at least a slight bit since lurking the sleaze thread as a teenager, as I'm sure a couple of us have.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Log said:

This part is tough. I don't think anyone expects anyone to make their kids go cold turkey while really not wanting to explain why. Maybe a slow process to let them do what I never did and "outgrow" it naturally works better.

Something tells me that some of our kids might thank us in a few years if we slowly steer them away from a lifetime obsession with this particular form of entertainment.

Edited by piranesi
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, piranesi said:

This part is tough. I don't think anyone expects anyone to make their kids go cold turkey while really not wanting to explain why. Maybe a slow process to let them do what I never did and "outgrow" it naturally works better.

Something tells me that some of our kids might thank us in a few years if we slowly steer them away from a lifetime obsession with this particular form of entertainment.

That said I have no help on what might work. "Hey, kids, you know what's way more fun than watching wrestling? Japanese Math Rock!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Oh it's real. I don't know if we're allowed to say the names of litigious wrestling journalists but Dave S. is one of the ones that has made the most $$$$$ off of it than anyone else in that business.  BTW It then ends with this:

Someone gonna let him know the company is a defendant? 

Look — We all know it’s a gross company. But keep in mind that what came out is a complaint. There is a lot of really damning stuff in there about Vince and Laurinaitis. But assuming you know the identity of anyone else who may have known is a really big reach. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The scandal was in the NBC Nightly News. No extensive details, of course, and only one guy mentioning "trafficking" with no other explanation given. Brock shown at the very end as they were cutting to commercial... heh. But it got a full segment at least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

he isn't there currently, and doesn't appear to be traveling there at the moment.

Hopefully he's whimpering in the bathtub bleeding out while Sable stands there with his balls in a jar. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Greggulator said:

Look — We all know it’s a gross company. But keep in mind that what came out is a complaint. There is a lot of really damning stuff in there about Vince and Laurinaitis. But assuming you know the identity of anyone else who may have known is a really big reach. 

Well said, and this is the kind of thing I was also trying to caution against yesterday. It's not happening here, but I've seen some "Employee #4 is X and here's why"-type posts elsewhere, and it's just the absolute weirdest discourse possible to me. Again, I don't wanna sound like a high horse guy, but holy shit man, I did NOT expect folks to be, in essence, "fantasy booking" what happened in that office. Things like that, and the absolutely insane (no other word for it) "Let's wait for the facts" crowd, have been making me wildly uncomfortable the last ~48 hours.

9 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Yeah, but (I think you’ll agree with me on this) it’s not a big reach to assume that other people did know about it even if we don’t know who specifically. 

• Like 1