DVDVR Message Board

The Wall Street Journal Vince McMahon Thread.

Message added by jaedmc,

It's a gross story, don't stare too deeply into the abyss or it will stare back.

Also be adults and don't make us ban you.

16 hours ago, piranesi said:

I stayed out of the stock market after 2008 because “the big meltdown is coming.”  Then I finally gave up and got back in, in early Feb 2020…

That reminds me of a guy asking me in 1999 if he should invest in Amazon stock (he was older than me and knew that I was relatively tech-savvy) and I was "no way, who would ever trust the internet enough to buy stuff there?" (well, besides 5th generation wrestling tapes, I guess). To be fair, the Amazon stock prize fell significantly when the dot-com bubble burst and only started to really pick up a decade later, but still.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Robert S said:

That reminds me of a guy asking me in 1999 if he should invest in Amazon stock (he was older than me and knew that I was relatively tech-savvy) and I was "no way, who would ever trust the internet enough to buy stuff there?" (well, besides 5th generation wrestling tapes, I guess). To be fair, the Amazon stock prize fell significantly when the dot-com bubble burst and only started to really pick up a decade later, but still.

Literally in 2001 at a party had a guy trying to convince me to buy apple stock the day the Ipod dropped by showing me a goddamned Ipod and I was so impressed with my new "MP3-CD player" that I had bought the week before that I told him he was an idiot and that this was the future.

Gadgets of days gone by: iRiver SlimX MP3-CD player | TechCrunchThis is it.

Man the more I remember these things the more miserable I get. But my SLimX is still working and hooked up and about 7 ipods of various sizes and types are stacked away somewhere...but that's what they call a "Pyrrhic" victory I think.

Edited by piranesi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Okay, 51 pages is enough when nothing new has come out in weeks. 

If the old man is indicted (hopefully!), we'll open a new thread. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Also Vince was spotted in New York walking with a cane into a restaurant.  Normally I'd think he'd be faking for sympathy, but a former bodybuilding workaholic fueled by cocaine and insanity, who's suffered multiple legitimate, severe muscle tears in his legs....  Eh. 

• Like 1

I saw someone say that footage is actually old and not from this week. 

the Kurt Russell stuff today shows just how a fake post can go viral.

It is pretty clear that Johnny Ace just wants to be on the side of the winner.   Mostly because he thinks it will help his career which in a normal society should be dead already.   If these silly rumors about Vince trying to run another company are true, I can completely see him using a snake like Johnny even if Johnny originally tried to rat him out.

8 hours ago, hammerva said:

It is pretty clear that Johnny Ace just wants to be on the side of the winner.   Mostly because he thinks it will help his career which in a normal society should be dead already.   If these silly rumors about Vince trying to run another company are true, I can completely see him using a snake like Johnny even if Johnny originally tried to rat him out.

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Vince taking over Control Your Narrative?

Vince demanding Johnny “go hire that one asshole who got canceled!” is going to be the 2025 version of “go hire that one legged wrestler!”

• Haha 7

Vince recruiting for a new wrestling company will be like Mr Burns telling Smithers who to recruit for his softball team

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, Sublime said:

Vince recruiting for a new wrestling company will be like Mr Burns telling Smithers who to recruit for his softball team

Get me Lord Littlebrook and Moolah. 

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, Sublime said:

Jimmy Havoc already has the “I told you to shave those sideburns!” haircut.

• Haha 1

Just a reminder: Vince says Grant broke the NDA (but has not been proven), then he himself actually did break the NDA by not paying, but insists the NDA's arbitration rules should still be enforced.  Need a DVDVR lawyer to explain if this is reasonable or not. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

So instead of backing way way off from this they're actually putting the corporation's name in the draw? What benefit does this serve?

Well they were named in the lawsuit as well.  So, just like Vince, arbitration is in their best interests.

• Like 1