DVDVR Message Board
Message added by Dolfan in NYC,

FYI --

On 2/22/2024 at 1:55 PM, Phil Schneider said:

Folks have asked me how they can help with the show, we are looking for people to sponsor matches! So if you have something you want to promote reach out to Matt at [email protected]. Just let him know what you want to promote!!

I was also thinking that we could have the board as a whole sponsor a match, if folks have some cash to spare we could all pool it and have a match be a "brought to you by the DVDVR board." One of the things I am excited about for this show is that we are bringing in folks who aren't the typical "Mania weekend guys working 10 shows" Demus and Slim J aren't working anywhere else Mania weekend, Thatcher is only working us and Bloodsport, and we have one more wild name like that we are working on, but could use some help with the plane tickets and hotel room. 

If you want to contribute to the group sponsorship, you can PayPal Matt at [email protected] or use Venmo or Cashapp, just put DVDVR Board DEAN~! sponsorship in the tag line. If we could raise a couple hundred bucks it would make it a lot easier to pull the trigger on this name we are working on 🙂

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

3 hours ago, Phil Schneider said:

image.png

Hopefully he gets a good opponent and it becomes a break-out match for him. He's a hell of a wrestler, but his visibility is nowhere near the level his talent warrants.

28 minutes ago, AxB said:

Hopefully he gets a good opponent and it becomes a break-out match for him. He's a hell of a wrestler, but his visibility is nowhere near the level his talent warrants.

If we pull off what we are shooting for, ooh buddy

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

Rick O'Brien.

I Googled that name and all I found was an RCMP officer who was shot dead in September while executing a search warrant. Probably not whom you meant?

2 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

I Googled that name and all I found was an RCMP officer who was shot dead in September while executing a search warrant. Probably not whom you meant?

No, I mean the guy who ran NWA New York, later NWA Virginia. For the sake of not bringing down anyone's highs I'll leave out what he did after (he's a real piece of shit though).

That said, the fact that Dean loved the shows speaks a lot to the talent involved (though MAN! did he dislike that Robert Royal/Chino Martinez best of seven).

• Thanks 1

Connelly shows up a lot in the stuff Zero-1 USA posts on Facebook. That picture makes him look like someone stuck a giant syringe into Miro and sucked out his bulk 😄 I keed, I keed. It'll be cool to see what he does in the ring.

8 minutes ago, Phil Schneider said:

image.png

Hits keep on coming. Priest is damned good, and super excited he’s on the card.

50 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I'm thinking a pre show meet up would be cool. I have no idea what's in Williamstown, and I've never even heard of it. And I lived an hour away from there for 18 years.

I’ve had similar thoughts as well. I am at the moment figuring out the means to fly out from the Midwest to see this live and would love a hang out before hand.

Also, wanted to thank you in person Johnny for introducing a poor lost teenager posting on Prowrestling.net that wanted more intelligent conversation that this was the place for me some twenty years ago.

• Like 2