DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JANUARY 2024

“Scapegoat” for what? How honest can we get or is he under an NDA too? Does the midcard shit-disturber need to be reminding everyone he’s part of the reason Punk is doing big business and main eventing big shows elsewhere this year?

Nail the Forbidden Door shut and pray his excursion is indefinite. They already ran him off, don’t care about any shooty insider nonsense they’re planning to cook up now that the bad man’s gone and they can’t deliver those matches. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

“Scapegoat” for what? How honest can we get or is he under an NDA too? Does the midcard shit-disturber need to be reminding everyone he’s part of the reason Punk is doing big business and main eventing big shows elsewhere this year?

Nail the Forbidden Door shut and pray his excursion is indefinite. They already ran him off, don’t care about any shooty insider nonsense they’re planning to cook up now that the bad man’s gone and they can’t deliver those matches. 

As far as being a scapegoat, the "best" heels (which he has to be at this point) are ones that take a stance they believe in, even if its insane. In this case, I assume he means that TK/AEW wanted to get rid of Punk anyway, used the Jungle Boy incident as an excuse, and now the fans are all mad at Jungle Boy for something TK wanted to do anyway to get the heat off himself. Ergo, he was the scapegoat. (I know you weren't asking a real question, just predicting where he is going even if he never uses the "P" word)

Also I don't think THAT incident had everyone sign an NDA. I'm assuming as part of TK/Punk's agreement of releasing him from his contract,  Punk and TK signed something but I've never seen anything reported about Jungle Boy not being allowed to talk about it if he so chooses. Since Punk has vaguely referenced it on RAW, I assume Perry can do the same on Dynamite as long as no specifics are given.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

some on Reddit/SC is much meaner than me and typed this about Jack Perry's look tonight:

"He looks like Danny Masterson broke out of prison and has been living on the run in an old school bus in the woods"

I was thinking " Dan Haggerty got left in a dryer too long", but that's way better.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow

edit: he should bring in a fake attorney who tells him that ripping his contract totally releases him from the company

Get "Smart" Mark Sterling on the phone!

I honestly think it's for the best. It feels like life has gone on without Perry, and bringing him back now would just make him feel like a retread. Keep him with New Japan for the foreseeable future, and maybe do something with him at Forbidden Door and let him cut some scathing promo about how AEW did him wrong and try to create some buzz for him.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Infinit said:

Lol pulling an Inoki, minus the kendo stick 

Has Gallows ever talked about this? His "F@ck Dr Death" Story is one of my favorites so I gotta imagine the backstage part of this is up there

I'll give the Boy of the Jungle a strong C for his Morrison. Having apparently gained no weight though, nor reeking of bourbon (that we know of, anyway) he only gets a middle grade. Jimbo won't be spinning in his grave on this one. 

Not to be a conspiracy theorist but I'm wondering if AEW had anything to do with this appearance. It's possible if they want him back then this is an angle, and if not then they might've smoothed the way for him showing up. Really, either is highly likely. It'll come out in the wash sooner or later.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Jungle Boy starting a Doors faction is one of the few things that can make up for him single-handedly being the reason Punk left.

What’s the best Doors song to use without permission for a faction theme?

I’m thinking “Riders on the Storm” would be a solid pick

Would be amazing if Perry was a better Jim Morrison than the guy on the guy on the AEW roster who used the last name Morrison for years 

19 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

What’s the best Doors song to use without permission for a faction theme?

I’m thinking “Riders on the Storm” would be a solid pick

Would be amazing if Perry was a better Jim Morrison than the guy on the guy on the AEW roster who used the last name Morrison for years 

This is the end.
Of CM Punk, the end.

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2024 at 7:12 PM, Zimbra said:

Man, I've been in Wisconsin almost 20 years and I still haven't been to the Dells. I feel like I should go once just for the experience.

I mean it's a resort area with all of it's trappings (tons of gift shops with either offensive or culturally insensitive things, random chain restaurants etc) but if you're into hiking and other outdoor activities or water parks it's fun with a group of people or a significant other. Plus Del Bar and Ishnala (speaking of culturally insensitive) are really good supper clubs.

2 hours ago, Octopus said:

a Doors faction

Who would be the Ray Manzarek that can work two different styles at the same time? Who will be the John Densmore who is super uptight and refuses to do anything modern so he wrestles like somebody from the '50s? 

• Like 2

I maintain that Perry would be potentially phenomenal in a "Pussy Posse"/Entourage kinda faction. Have it be him, Starks, Garcia, Kassidy and Quen as douchebag wannabe D-listers who's main concern is hooking up at the club after the show. Wrestling's done pseudo-Hollywood/rich prick characters before but I feel like this would be a different twist on that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Please don't put Starks and Garcia that low on the totem pole. It's just not fair.

I'll admit, this idea came WAY before Gracia's rise. Starks, I can take or leave. 

I'm sure there's plenty of folks you could sub out, just figured that list of names would give you the exact vibe I had in mind. 

Oh, I get it, I just like them way more than something like that. Hell you might as well tear up their contracts and beg them to find work elsewhere. 

According to something on Facebook, Jim Ross' contract is coming up and he hasn't re-signed. Cue a board-wide crossing of fingers... (It'd be fine if he stayed as a backstage talent guy with a superpower of anecdote-telling over actual control)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Who would be the Ray Manzarek that can work two different styles at the same time? Who will be the John Densmore who is super uptight and refuses to do anything modern so he wrestles like somebody from the '50s? 

Ray Manzarek will be Danny Garcia we can be technical but also dance.

John Densmore will be Brock Anderson who acts like dad.