DVDVR Message Board

All Out IV - 9/4/2022

Dolfan in NYC

15 minutes ago, Octopus said:

And I don’t like the aesthetics of UFC. Real fights should be in Roadhouse settings.

I’m going to a hardcore punk show tonight and tomorrow where most of the band members are in their late 50s to mid-60s, I’ll get my share of watching old bitter punk dudes fighting for dumb reasons for the year.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Re: the elite being nu kliq... they're the good guys this time. Fight me if u disagree. 

What is Omega's contract status? Isn't he a free agent in January? And the Bucks re-upped last year long term. I am sure he'd like to stay with them but I could see him peacing out if this gets worse before it gets better. I watch where he goes. I'd still watch aew but certainly not like I do now if Omega is elsewhere. 

Omega signed a four year deal he’ll be a free agent on February 1 2023. 

Bucks signed a three year deal with apparently a 2 year option so they’ll be free agents Jan 1 2024. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If it is a big constructed work, I hope they make money. I don't see how it would draw in any new fans besides internet wrestling fans that aren't already watching AEW. It's crazy that WWE has what people would consider one of their biggest changes with Vince resigning and the negative press and the internal regime changes and their business hasn't declined. I don't think either company is doing anything that will bring in new fans, atleast right now. If anything with Hunter seemingly truly in charge of creative and bringing in talent, WWE would be way more appealing to most AEW talent if they feel unhappy. If it's all work, I don't think you want to create the perception of an unhappy locker room 

• Like 1

It's hard to find talk about actual matches in this thread for obvious reasons but did people not like Danielson vs Jericho? I see people complaining about Jericho adjusting his tights and not being able to keep up, but that was kind of the point, right? That's why he ultimately had to hit the low blow and I thought the story that they took to get there (especially following from the Mox match) really did work. Maybe this one just played better on Monday morning than it did on Sunday night?

• Like 4

Way too long and not the type of match the show needed at that point. I thought it sucked. No Garcia resolution either. Hard fucking pass. Danielson is 1 for 3 on ppvs this year, as I thought the Moxley match was much the same as last night. 

Edit: I will say that it is king sized of Danielson to eat a loss so Garcia can go on and be the one to beat Jericho. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Way too long and not the type of match the show needed at that point.

That's fair, and in the grand scheme of things it matters. I saw the show as Acclaimed Match, Main Event, then Jericho vs Danielson so I obviously didn't get the same sort of placement or fatigue as the rest of you guys.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, chriskbrown50 said:

Jericho - love or hate him - and Moxley (same) are having great years - career years. Jericho should not be this good at his age. 

Jericho is also batting a strong percentage on elevating those associated with him. I would say it didn’t work with PnP (though their height was the parking lot brawl which is technically deep Inner Circle era), but otherwise he is very good at what he’s there to do. Not his fault Sammy fell off a damn cliff after leaving his tutelage. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

The progression of not having thought about Ace Steel in years to the possibility he may be trying to drink Kenny Omega's blood... What a ride.

If these stories are mostly true, I dunno how you keep anyone involved in the locker room and keep the peace.  Unless the entire locker room unites against Punk.  I can.’t imagine the evp’s losing the entire roster.

I thought Jericho and Danielson had a passable PPV match that went on far too long. Should've been about 10 minutes shorter. At least we got an Arrogant Pin Cover from Jericho. And Danielson kind of did his "I have till 5, referee" thing again.

Also, I do not 100% trust any of what I'm reading about Punk's blow up last night and supposed backstage fight with The Elite, especially after Sean Ross Sapp himself reported that reporters who thought about skipping the scrum were told they wouldn't want to miss it and should go.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 3

I didn't expect the tag title match to be as amazing as it ended up being. The six man final was also top notch.

I nodded off during the end of FTR&W vs Paparazzi Productions and then missed Starks vs Hobbs.

The opener was a bit of a mess with the ladders but had some good stuff in between.

The third six man was enjoyable due to the participants, but has Sting lost like a single match in any shape or form during this run? Shouldn't he be ranked pretty high at this point?

Dragon vs Lionheart was really good! Holy shit all these Jericho matches this year!

Fuck you Luchasaurus and you Christian Cage, you sneaky prick!

Punk was going full Daddy Magic with his nip-action there! Jesus, it was pretty distracting at the beginning! What the hell? Match was intense. MJF! That should be something.

And then, the media scrum happened.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Wild that another famous wresting Ace is also probably going to lose their office job for not keeping their mouth off of employees.

In all of the HOT GOSS (that is tracking to be about 10% true IMO), that is the wildest, most flagrant BS part of it. Confrontation after the scrum, believable. Getting heated enough to get to blows, semi-believable. The biting part that SRS and Rovert are trying to sell is rather ridiculous, and would have resulted in immediate and already known legal interaction. 

• Like 1

Just now, Big Z said:

In all of the HOT GOSS (that is tracking to be about 10% true IMO), that is the wildest, most flagrant BS part of it. Confrontation after the scrum, believable. Getting heated enough to get to blows, semi-believable. The biting part that SRS and Rovert are trying to sell is rather ridiculous, and would have resulted in immediate and already known legal interaction. 

Attempted biting. Thankfully flying pigs snatched him from Ace’s baying jaws ? 

3 minutes ago, Big Z said:

I don’t care if it’s true or not, I’m going to freelance an article to shop around called Kenny Omega: Ace Meal? 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I will never forgive Tony Khan for gift wrapping one of their top draws on a silver platter to WWE. It was pure idiocy. 

I always said in no particular order, "Gotch. Hackenschmidt. Strangler Lewis. Londos. Bruno. Hogan. Austin. Rock. Brandi Rhodes."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Elsalvajeloco said:

I always said in no particular order, "Gotch. Hackenschmidt. Strangler Lewis. Londos. Bruno. Hogan. Austin. Rock. Brandi Rhodes."

She did just star in their first reality show, which even got picked up for a second season. It was a bad, not cash money maneuver.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Matt D said:

It's hard to find talk about actual matches in this thread for obvious reasons but did people not like Danielson vs Jericho? I see people complaining about Jericho adjusting his tights and not being able to keep up, but that was kind of the point, right? That's why he ultimately had to hit the low blow and I thought the story that they took to get there (especially following from the Mox match) really did work. Maybe this one just played better on Monday morning than it did on Sunday night?

It went on too long at that point of the night, following the crowd deflating endings of the previous two matches, that being said. It was a good match but Danielson's worst since arrival.

• Like 1

Danielson has a history of those disappointing matches on shows that are too long. I remember a really boring Styles match at the outdoor rumble that also had a great Asuka and Lynch match. He should know to shave time off his matches in those situations. Maybe jericho would overrule him but it didn't happen with Moxley or Styles either. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

You see, my wife, she has been most vocal on the subject of Brandi Rhodes. "Where's the Brandi?", "When is AEW going to get Brandi on screen?", "Why aren't AEW getting Brandi out now?", and so on. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Wild that another famous wresting Ace is also probably going to lose their office job for not keeping their mouth off of employees.

F4WOnline implies that Omega bit Steel, unless I’m reading it wrong.